262 replies to this topic

#241 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

I enjoyed the game and the result. But if Brodeur wasn't at the top of his game in the 2nd period... this game looks a lot different.
Overall, I liked our performance... but we can't rely on Brodeur to bail us out like that...

That Parise goal where Henrique pivoted in front of the net and dished to Parise was a thing of beauty. I was 100% set on keeping Parise/Zajac together... but if that keeps up :D :D :D

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#242 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

The Devils now have won five of their last seven games. Those wins came over teams we need to be beating (Carolina and Winnipeg) and teams that are currently among the East's elite (Philly, Washington, Buffalo). And one of those two losses was a close one where we almost took down the streaking defending champs.

Of our next six games, only one comes against a team with more points than us (Florida) and three are against last-place teams (NYI and Columbus). November has the potential to be a very good month for this team.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#243 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

I enjoyed the game and the result. But if Brodeur wasn't at the top of his game in the 2nd period... this game looks a lot different.
Overall, I liked our performance... but we can't rely on Brodeur to bail us out like that...

That Parise goal where Henrique pivoted in front of the net and dished to Parise was a thing of beauty. I was 100% set on keeping Parise/Zajac together... but if that keeps up :D :D :D

Agree, once zajac comes back i wouldnt hate it if he centered kovy, adam centers parise and the elias sykora zubs line stays together and it is 3 leget lines with some plug in RW
Posted Image

#244 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

The Devils now have won five of their last seven games. Those wins came over teams we need to be beating (Carolina and Winnipeg) and teams that are currently among the East's elite (Philly, Washington, Buffalo). And one of those two losses was a close one where we almost took down the streaking defending champs.

Of our next six games, only one comes against a team with more points than us (Florida) and three are against last-place teams (NYI and Columbus). November has the potential to be a very good month for this team.

Have to admit they played a great game last night.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#245 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

I love the toughness this team has. They don't get frustrated, even after a dissapointing loss. If they run off a streak at the end of the monty, then get Zajac back soon, they could really make a run in the east.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#246 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Shannaban for Tyler Myers? Wouldn't be surprised if none....

Devils interested in Shanny's ruling

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#247 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Shannaban for Tyler Myers? Wouldn't be surprised if none....

Devils interested in Shanny's ruling

Id like to see a fine or something out of that hit. It really pissed me off. It was a shot directed at the head.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#248 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

Love the highlight videos on nhl.com and the Devils site. Especially the ones with Marty: "Glove will keep us together" and "Power of Glove"

Someone was in a singing mood when they thought of those captions :evil:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#249 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

I just love when he rolls his body and is looking at the puck upside down and still can rob a player with an incredible save. I was telling my friend who isnt that big of a hockey fan but is a Devils fan that after all these years of watching Devils hockey, I am still honestly amazed that Marty can play to that level, really any player can. Marty always looks like he is in a "ah sh!t I better just fling my body around and hope to god the puck hits me somewhere" mode but in reality knows his surroundings at all times. The glove was insane last night.

Edited by Quinn01, 17 November 2011 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#250 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

I don't *think* Myers targeted the head consciously, I like to think that it was "just" a play/hit that went wrong.

But then again, WTF do I know, the kid was a scratch recently and probably was fuming over it. He wanted to play a mean, hard game to show Ruff that he's better than what he's shown this year.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#251 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

i think when all are healthy, you WILL see Henrique with parise and zajac and kovy w/ josefson. but because zajac comes back first, i think henrique will play 3rd line with some amalgam of clarkson/palmieri/tedenby/carter

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#252 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

The Devils made two of the top three Plays of the Day on ESPN. I saw it this morning on TV but couldn't find it online.

#253 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

The Devils made two of the top three Plays of the Day on ESPN. I saw it this morning on TV but couldn't find it online.

and a couple highlight reels on NHL.com for once (Marty & Parise's goal). any other time its an injury they want to broadcast to the entire league or us getting scored ON.

just comes back to the Rodney Dangerfield situation with our team: We get no respect cause we're not an original 6 or have a team full of household names (or play in a 'big market')

Posted Image

Edited by Legion15, 17 November 2011 - 12:17 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#254 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Anyone else find the pre-game.....more of a parise-game?

Posted Image

#255 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

and a couple highlight reels on NHL.com for once (Marty & Parise's goal). any other time its an injury they want to broadcast to the entire league or us getting scored ON.

just comes back to the Rodney Dangerfield situation with our team: We get no respect cause we're not an original 6 or have a team full of household names (or play in a 'big market')

Posted Image

More like Henrique's assist in beating/drawing three Sabres and getting the puck to Parise still. haha, but great finish by Zach
Put food on my family

#256 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

RE: the Myer hit ---

I think that NHL.com should post why some players don't get suspensions on the Player Safety sections as well.

The press is abuzz about Tyler Myers hit and NHL is dead silent and it looks bad. They ought to say why it was NOT a suspension. I have no problem with it not being one. I just think the NHL should explain why some things aren't suspensions. If suspensions aren't considered self evident, why are non-calls? If they want people to LEARN what's being called they need to learn why some things aren't called. It's only a half story otherwise -- it looks like they're being arbitrary if you don't see BOTH the good and the bad.

I'm here for the party

#257 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Yahoo sports replay of the Myers hit

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nhl-wp17635

Edited by Legion15, 17 November 2011 - 01:17 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#258 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

The thing is with Myers, as kovy said, he left his feet...why does a dude thats 6'8" need to leave his feet if he isn't aiming for the head? Unless he is hitting Chara
Posted Image

#259 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

I just love when he rolls his body and is looking at the puck upside down and still can rob a player with an incredible save. I was telling my friend who isnt that big of a hockey fan but is a Devils fan that after all these years of watching Devils hockey, I am still honestly amazed that Marty can play to that level, really any player can. Marty always looks like he is in a "ah sh!t I better just fling my body around and hope to god the puck hits me somewhere" mode but in reality knows his surroundings at all times. The glove was insane last night.

http://espn.go.com/s...t=114&sCat=2115 Vote!

#260 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

So no suspension for Myers..

I'll have to rely on the hit by Kovy to make me feel better.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users