29 replies to this topic

#21 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Why don't the devils have a third jersey????

Glad we just do the 80s throwbacks once a year. Keeps it fresh and not overdone.
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Wow, those uniforms "suck ass". The trend of adding black died a decade ago. Even the New York baseball team is bringing back the original uniforms (in another merchandising ploy).

I prefer the Isles Orange drawn strings.

Edited by MantaRay, 17 November 2011 - 04:36 PM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

lol they are not that bad. i seriously feel like the majority of you guys would've said they "suck ass" no matter what they look like. just be real, thats all im askin. those jersey's are not that bad

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#24 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

lol they are not that bad. i seriously feel like the majority of you guys would've said they "suck ass" no matter what they look like.

I usually say the same thing when a new jersey is announced, but this time I do agree with most that it sucks.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#25 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

lol they are not that bad. i seriously feel like the majority of you guys would've said they "suck ass" no matter what they look like. just be real, thats all im askin. those jersey's are not that bad

Those jerseys are terrible. I don't care who is wearing them. They look like the bastard child of a Knicks/Mets jersey (both teams dropped black, BTW).

What really kills it is the "ISLANDERS" crest. Take that off and put the primary logo on it and it might be tolerable.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#26 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

I frequent a sports uniforms forum, andI agree that with every unveiling there is a group who hate everything. But this time they are right, this uniform just sucks...especially since the Islanders FINALLY just perfected their look after nearly a decade and a half of terrible uniform decisions.

They will cram these down the fan's throats for the first year or two, but they will not catchon and will be scrapped quickly. At least thats my prediction.
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

The Isles' third jersey should have "KC" on it.

#28 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

I just don't see the point. Teams change logos/colors too often these days.

#29 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

I dont get why they want to look more and more like the Knicks or Mets

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#30 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

What really kills it is the "ISLANDERS" crest. Take that off and put the primary logo on it and it might be tolerable.

That's why I think; it wouldn't look nearly as bad with the main logo. I just don't like the text crests on hockey jerseys at all, but that's just me.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users