• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

The Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils are believed to have engaged in recent trade discussions, prompting each team to dispatch its scouting staff to watch the other club.It has been widely reported that the Devils have an interest in Kings goalie Jonathan Bernier, however sources close to the Kings told TFP the team is not interested in moving him, at this point, barring a substantial offer.

http://www.thefourth.../lak111116.html

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

wow.. thats somethin

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#3 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

I doubt anything substantial comes out of this.

#4 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

I read this yesterday, and it may as well have read 'Kings, Devils may make trade, or may not do so.'

McGuire did mention that the Kings people were at last night's game, so at least that part of it is true. As for Kings I'd be interested in, I wouldn't mind Justin Williams, but I can't really see a fit in a deal here.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#5 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

TFP is worse than Єklund (2.3% accurate).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

This same basic rumor has been going on since the offseason, right?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

if it is at all true they're looking for Bernier, then this is gonna dig up the "Marty will be traded" BS. And why would Lou (in his right mind) think of letting go of Moose? He's been awesome for us.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#8 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

We don't need a goalie this year, or maybe next. We need a defenseman.

#9 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Since Tedenby was a scratch for the game Kings' scouts flew out for, should we assume he isn't on the block?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#10 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

This, if it goes through, is going to cost us an arm and a leg I feel.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#11 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

I don't see NJ making any moves at this time. The team is playing relatively well all things considered, and Zajac is likely to be back within the next month. However, if we can't re-sign Parise by the trade deadline, then I could see us making a deal with LA for Bernier, Voyunov, or both coming back our way in exchange for the captain.
Posted Image

#12 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:09 PM

Holding on to Zach though HAS to be Lou's #1 priority, any team would LOVE him (and we can't allow the Rangers or Flyers to get their paws on him!)

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#13 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

Holding on to Zach though HAS to be Lou's #1 priority, any team would LOVE him (and we can't allow the Rangers or Flyers to get their paws on him!)

Last night in the pregame one idiot said that he sees Zach going to Pittsburgh....could you imagine? I would just stop watching the NHL all together at that point. Parise, Crosby and Malkin. fvck that noise.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#14 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Last night in the pregame one idiot said that he sees Zach going to Pittsburgh....could you imagine? I would just stop watching the NHL all together at that point. Parise, Crosby and Malkin. fvck that noise.

Yeah the talking heads on VS during the pregame almost unanimously proclaimed Parise was gone at the end of the season. It's like they love taunting Devils fans.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#15 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate):

Devils and Kings?

The teams have been talking, but I get the impression this deal is a deal that is down the line and contingent on how each team does...according to one source, "The Kings have huge interest in Parise, but nothing will happen until the deadline approaches and the asking price would be a goalie and a top 6 forward."

:lol: :lol:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#16 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

:whistling: Don't wanna say I toldcha so but that Johnson/Bernier deal looks more realistic every day.

Edited by TheMazz, 17 November 2011 - 02:21 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#17 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,491 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

We need help in a lot of positions, but G is prob 2nd to least most pressing as we have Kinkaid and co. working their way up who look pretty good.

#18 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

it would make no sense to name parise captain and then trade him. right now it looks like the devils will be within striking distance of the playoffs, so i think a parise trade is very unlikely.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#19 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

it would make no sense to name parise captain and then trade him. right now it looks like the devils will be within striking distance of the playoffs, so i think a parise trade is very unlikely.

yeah, but he's UFA at the end of the season, we have to keep him from going somewhere else. Plenty of teams will be throwing money at him, Lou has to make him a Godfather-style deal to keep his thoughts here

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#20 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

yeah, but he's UFA at the end of the season, we have to keep him from going somewhere else. Plenty of teams will be throwing money at him, Lou has to make him a Godfather-style deal to keep his thoughts here

If hes going to go at the end of the season then we should get something in return for him rather then letting him just walk. We all know that we arent going to be the highest bidder for Zach, itll come down to whether or not the money will talk or if he really is happy here and pulls an Elias.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users