11 replies to this topic

#1 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/Ledger_NJDevils/status/137259161233797122 - Per Rich Chere again.

I feel like he wasn't really given a chance to succeed playing with Jansen and Mills. Would have been interesting to see him on a line with Henrique and Parise.

#2 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Zharkov never proved himself worthy of playing on a top line, whether or not the chance was given. Now is not the time to be giving other players chances imo.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

It's probably more beneficial for Zharkov and the Devils, for now and the future, to have Zharkov playing 8 minutes on the 4th line than be in the AHL.

It's not really a big deal either way though.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

he played pretty bad. could be he was trying to show his speed but he lost control of the puck and made some bad passes

#5 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

No room on the top lines. No use on the 4th line. Go figure.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#6 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

If Zharkov maintains a career in the NHL, which I unfortunately doubt he will, he will be mostly a 4th line player. It's a shame that the Devils had to sign both Boulton and Janssen.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#7 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

If Zharkov maintains a career in the NHL, which I unfortunately doubt he will, he will be mostly a 4th line player. It's a shame that the Devils had to sign both Boulton and Janssen.

totally agree. i wonder if this is because boutlon is ready to come off IR or if they're going to call up taormina to rest larsson for a game or two.

edit - just read full TG post and of course, forgot about tedenby. it's amazing what happens when you get scratched for one game.

Edited by sundstrom, 17 November 2011 - 06:11 PM.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#8 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

I was thinking I guess LA was unimpressed. :giggle: and tedenby won't be part of any deal just yet

I'm here for the party

#9 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

i wouldn't be complaining about us not giving zharkov a chance.. teams just dont always give 4th line players like Zharkov a huge "chance."

He was out there on the ice and thats really all he can ask for. I wish the best for the guy but we cant be wishing he would have got 1st line action

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#10 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

I mean, what exactly did Nick Palmeiri do that was so excellent that he earned time with Kovalchuk and then Parise. Surely it would have at least been interesting to see what Zharkov could do playing with skill guys at any point in his NHL career. At least for more than a couple shifts at a time.

#11 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

I mean, what exactly did Nick Palmeiri do that was so excellent that he earned time with Kovalchuk and then Parise. Surely it would have at least been interesting to see what Zharkov could do playing with skill guys at any point in his NHL career. At least for more than a couple shifts at a time.

Zharkov did get time with Kovalchuk in 09-10. But we know that Zharkov isn't a particularly skilled player. I like him a lot, but his scoring touch is poor. He's a perfect bottom 6 type player.

Edited by Triumph, 18 November 2011 - 11:28 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

I'm not impressed ... but he's kind of cute so... :whistling:

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users