60 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

I put this one waaaaaaay more on the Jet offense than their D. D gave up 10 points.

See what Sanchise has...he's got 2 TOs to work with.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 November 2011 - 11:31 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,608 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

OMG I just got 13 points ON THAT DRIVE!!! :blink: :lol:

http://www.tumblr.co...fhgmLMX81r5ubj1

Edited by CRASHER, 17 November 2011 - 11:34 PM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I may become a born-again Christian after this :argh:

Figures, our D's great at stopping teams for 55 minutes and gagging it up, Tebow's great at sucking for 55 minutes then stepping it up. Now comes another INT to end it...I wish I could use this prognostication power to predict good things :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 November 2011 - 11:34 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Sigh.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

OMG Wayne Hunter's an embrassment.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

And McKnight not getting out of bounds was the final insult...oh well, hopefully the Devils keep improving cause there's nothing to look forward to football-wise. Can't wait to hear Benigno and Roberts pound the Jets tomorrow. Don't know how much of the SNY postgame I can take tonight.

#27 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

What the hell was with that prayer circle at the end? A Jet next to Tebow?

Edited by nmigliore, 17 November 2011 - 11:41 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

Denver's actually a .500 team now. Scary.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#29 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,001 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

I picked the Broncos to win this game, and kind of saw it playing out like that. It's the only way the Broncos can win. Tebow will get all the praise, and he deserves a lot for that amazing drive at the end. It was very impressive, when you consider he did it with one big pass to Rosario.

But John Fox and defensive coordinator Dennis Allen deserve a ton of credit for turning this terrible defense around so quickly. Having a freak like Von Miller helps too.

The difference in the game was the pick 6. Didn't think the Broncos had a chance to score a touchdown before that. Got to give it to Tebow though. That drive down the stretch was something. He just made plays. He wasn't a QB. He was just a play-maker. I don't get the all out blitz on Tebow though. It's Tebow. He welcomes that. You always need a spy.

Edited by devilsrule33, 17 November 2011 - 11:50 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#30 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

What the hell was with that prayer circle at the end? A Jet next to Tebow?

That was some hardcore Tebowing going on by players on both teams.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#31 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Unreal that we let that clown come 95 yards and beat us

And that house blitz up the middle that led to the TD was stupid. First off the Jets blitzes always get picked up, second you had no help on the edges. Eric Smith overpursues and it's game over.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#32 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

wowwww cant believe it actually happened. the chance was in the back of my head but i didn't actually think it'd come to that. once again Tebow puts up garbage numbers and one nice drive.

jets obviously need to step their sh!t up, this shouldn't have happened

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

wowwww cant believe it actually happened. the chance was in the back of my head but i didn't actually think it'd come to that. once again Tebow puts up garbage numbers and one nice drive.

jets obviously need to step their sh!t up, this shouldn't have happened

That sums up Tebow. People should be talking about the Denver defense (holding the Jets to 13 points, and scoring 7 themselves) and the Jets' miscues, but because he managed to put together one drive, it was Tebow this and Tebow that last night.

Sorry Tim, the first 50 minutes or so of a football game count too. The Denver D has been keeping their team in games long enough for Tebow to have a chance...in four out of five Tebow starts, his team has failed to score 20 points. Talk to me when the opposition is lighting up the board (the Broncos did put up points on the Raiders, but seven of them came on a punt return, and McGahee had a huge day running the ball).

#30 FOREVER!

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

That sums up Tebow. People should be talking about the Denver defense (holding the Jets to 13 points, and scoring 7 themselves) and the Jets' miscues, but because he managed to put together one drive, it was Tebow this and Tebow that last night.

Sorry Tim, the first 50 minutes or so of a football game count too. The Denver D has been keeping their team in games long enough for Tebow to have a chance...in four out of five Tebow starts, his team has failed to score 20 points. Talk to me when the opposition is lighting up the board (the Broncos did put up points on the Raiders, but seven of them came on a punt return, and McGahee had a huge day running the ball).

The only amusing thing about last night was seeing John Elway's grimaced reaction when Tebow was winning the game. Because he knows the more of these fantastic finishes Tebow puts up, the more impossible it becomes to get rid of him and actually get a QB to play QB.

#35 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

The only amusing thing about last night was seeing John Elway's grimaced reaction when Tebow was winning the game. Because he knows the more of these fantastic finishes Tebow puts up, the more impossible it becomes to get rid of him and actually get a QB to play QB.

Elway and observers have to know that Tebow's magic act isn't going to last. He's had so much go his way. His team has scored 98 points in his five starts, and 14 of those came on a punt return and a pick-6. He's more of an amusement than anything else.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#36 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,608 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Elway and observers have to know that Tebow's magic act isn't going to last. He's had so much go his way. His team has scored 98 points in his five starts, and 14 of those came on a punt return and a pick-6. He's more of an amusement than anything else.

Good to see other people see through this smoke n mirrors act right now....and are giving credit to this defense to give this guy a chance to ugly his way to some fantasy football points :lol:

Me and Brian were sitting here dumbfounded last night...."did we actually see that?? I still can't believe it and I rewound it....."

He's funny as hell to watch, but in that "how the hell is he in the NFL" kinda way.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

What a god awful game last night. A classic battle of ineptitude.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

soooooo true

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#39 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

I absolutely hated that game as a Jet fan but may I say that I love Tim Tebow? I'm thinking about heading to church this Sunday.

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Looks like the party's coming to an end for Buffalo. (Now watch them come back.)

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users