18 replies to this topic

#1 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Did anyone see Craig Smith miss the empty net point blank? He lifted it right into the stands and, honestly, i feel like it would take a good amount of skill to lift it over the crossbar that close.

My link

Anyone remember this next one? At least Smith's whiff didn't have the fallout this one did:

My link

Edited by Onddeck, 18 November 2011 - 02:39 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#2 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

EDIT***

Christ I suck at this, i somehow messed up that post. The 2nd link was supposed to be that of Stefan missing the empty net, leading Edmonton to score on the other end and tie it up with seconds to go... damn.. smh

#3 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

He's chewing the sh!t out of that mouthguard.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#4 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

picked him up on my fantasy team recently...duh!
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#5 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

He had no emotion about it. I would atleast be laughing at myself being that they were up 3 goals anyway.

I can remotely see fanning on the shot but to just screw it up THAT bad you almost have to try.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#6 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Haha, what a tool. He tried to flip it up to the top shelf instead of just sliding it in. That's what you get for hot-dogging.

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

EDIT***

Christ I suck at this, i somehow messed up that post. The 2nd link was supposed to be that of Stefan missing the empty net, leading Edmonton to score on the other end and tie it up with seconds to go... damn.. smh

seriously you dont even have to mention the empty netter by Stefan... anytime anyone will hear "missed empty net" for the next million years people will think about him lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

seriously you dont even have to mention the empty netter by Stefan... anytime anyone will hear "missed empty net" for the next million years people will think about him lol

haha, good call

no one defined the phrase, "insult to injury" like Stefan did in that game. holy sh!t hahaha

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

i would have laughed in embarrassment, he was just so pissy about it.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

The puck must have rolled up on edge or something to lift it almost directly up in the air like that, lol. Lesson learned for him though, should have just tapped it in like Vinny did in the TB v. PIT game. No need to put it in the air. Worse things have happened though, so it's not that big a deal for him.

#11 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

haha, good call

no one defined the phrase, "insult to injury" like Stefan did in that game. holy sh!t hahaha

I have to be honest though.....I can see Kovy being in that exact same situation, and the game turning like theirs did that quickly for us. :unsure:

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#12 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

The puck must have rolled up on edge or something to lift it almost directly up in the air like that, lol. Lesson learned for him though, should have just tapped it in like Vinny did in the TB v. PIT game. No need to put it in the air. Worse things have happened though, so it's not that big a deal for him.

This is why you just don't tap it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7HztZS9R4

#13 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

I have to be honest though.....I can see Kovy being in that exact same situation, and the game turning like theirs did that quickly for us. :unsure:

really ? i just can't imagine Kovy pulling something like that

www.SterioDesign.com

#14 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

WTF is wrong with you?

#15 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

I can imagine Rolston taking a huge slapper in this situation and missing the net by a good 3-4 feet.

#16 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

WTF is wrong with you?

I guess you didnt know what the word "constructive" meant when I used it to respond to your last attempt at an insult. Sorry, Ill keep in mind next time not to use such big words for your little brain.

Posted Image

#17 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Thats embarrassing I'm trying out for the NHL next week if these guys are missing empty netters lmao

#18 NHLeBeau44

NHLeBeau44

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo

#19 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

I guess you didnt know what the word "constructive" meant when I used it to respond to your last attempt at an insult. Sorry, Ill keep in mind next time not to use such big words for your little brain.

tall building :pray:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users