132 replies to this topic

#101 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Great game and awesome to get the two points. This guarantees a winning road trip and gives us a chance to be 4-1 with a win in Florida

Marty was extremely solid again. He and Moose dont have to be spectacular, just solid. They've been doing it pretty much all season long.

Kovy still doesnt look totally healthy, but he made some nice plays

Clarkie/Elias/Zubrus with strong games

I thought Larsson played well too. He didnt make any of his dumb mistakes and got a well earned assist

What else can be said about Ryan Carter? He has been a brilliant pickup by the Devils and you could see how proud Deboer was after he scored his goal.

5 road games against Washington, Boston, Buffalo, TB and Florida with a chance to go 4-1, are you kidding me? Lets get that win on Monday

#102 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

did chico really just diagram parise and henrique's minds going into each other?

That was bizarre! he's losing it

#103 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Overall the team looked awesome tonight minus the reoccurring fact that the Devils like to give up all hope once 1 goal is scored against them.

Clarkson had a really strong game. Henrique was putting his stick where it needed to be several times.

Larsson still made a few minor mistakes and slip ups here and there but that comes along with the turf.

Marty was on his sh!t yet again.

Ryan Carter has been a really strong player for our last lines. He is a great pk'er as well.

I really like Clarksons game though. He is slowly developing into a solid 2-3rd liner. He is also getting chances out on the PP which I think he has earned. He isnt who he was last year thats for sure. 18 points in 82 games last year, 7 points in 17 games this year.....Where are all the Clarkson haters now? :whistling:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#104 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

But TBL definitely did - right?
I guess its only convenient to be negative when this team loses?
The problem is you earn a reputation here with the negativity temper tantrums - and I guess sometimes it sticks.
If you can't see that this team did an excellent job holding TBL at bay for about 50minutes with:

1.) minus TZ, JJ,
2.) A 19 yr old top D man
3.) 2 guys who missed an entire season with injuries
4.) A waiver-wire center playing 3rd line minutes
5.) ! 39 year old goalie

Then I can't help you and maybe you might consider becoming a WSH, VAN or PIT fan.
This team has been doing well given the circumstances - I think a lot of this is on DEBO for sure.
BRAVO guys.

I agree with everything you're saying. I just wasn't happy with the soft play there for a minute in the third. They won and have definitely been playing well. I'm still bitter about the Boston loss but other than that I have no major complaints. I'm just not going to be happy when the team loses or plays bad because they're better than that. It wouldn't make sense to be positive and happy if that were the case.

#105 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

Overall the team looked awesome tonight minus the reoccurring fact that the Devils like to give up all hope once 1 goal is scored against them.

Clarkson had a really strong game. Henrique was putting his stick where it needed to be several times.

Larsson still made a few minor mistakes and slip ups here and there but that comes along with the turf.

Marty was on his sh!t yet again.

Ryan Carter has been a really strong player for our last lines. He is a great pk'er as well.

I really like Clarksons game though. He is slowly developing into a solid 2-3rd liner. He is also getting chances out on the PP which I think he has earned. He isnt who he was last year thats for sure. 18 points in 82 games last year, 7 points in 17 games this year.....Where are all the Clarkson haters now? :whistling:

Deboer is doing a great job with this teams so far! he's installing new systems, has rookies and youngster scattered about and has the devils scoring goals without too much defensive damage. So far I really like what I'm seeing out of this guy

btw the rangers and isles embarrassed themselves tonight real good night

#106 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

We are also tied for 6th in the league. :rock:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#107 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Deboer is doing a great job with this teams so far! he's installing new systems, has rookies and youngster scattered about and has the devils scoring goals without too much defensive damage. So far I really like what I'm seeing out of this guy

btw the rangers and isles embarrassed themselves tonight real good night

Everyone lost in the Atlantic tonight except for the Devils. Pens, Flyers, Rangers, Isle a llll went down! :boogie:

#108 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

They sat back which I can't stand but they got the W. A winning road trip but let's go to 4-1 on Monday.

#109 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Everyone lost in the Atlantic tonight except for the Devils. Pens, Flyers, Rangers, Isle a llll went down! :boogie:

That Pens-FLA game was exciting to the end. Thank you Flo-rida!

Re Clarky: I wonder if DeBoer is giving him skating lessons. He doesn't seem to be falling down like he used to.:giggle:

#110 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

So Florida seems pretty good this year?

#111 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Clarkson has more goals than parise! Let's beat Floprida Monday.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#112 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Clarkson has more goals than parise! Let's beat Floprida Monday.

I was rooting for them to beat Pitts tonight, and they came through.

Monday will be interesting, I always like to wach when coaches go against their former teams. Should be a good game.

#113 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

I agree with everything you're saying. I just wasn't happy with the soft play there for a minute in the third. They won and have definitely been playing well. I'm still bitter about the Boston loss but other than that I have no major complaints. I'm just not going to be happy when the team loses or plays bad because they're better than that. It wouldn't make sense to be positive and happy if that were the case.

They aren't better than that.

The only way to get "better than that" is to lose, and from that, learn.

You can't know what it is to play badly until you've done it.

Best they do it now early in the season when they have time to learn rather than later when it's too late to do anything but panic :rolleyes:

Wisdom is so underrated...

I'm here for the party

#114 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

Awesome game! Was a fun one to watch
Posted Image Posted Image

#115 Easy Parise

Easy Parise

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

The more I hate on Clarkson, the better he does. I will continue to hate mercilessly.
Posted Image

#116 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

FLA gonna be tough

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#117 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

missed the game but was looking at the score on my phone all night long and looked like a loner lol

glad we got the win, i was nervous refreshing the score when it was 3-2 by the end godamnit lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#118 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

hows carter? that clarkson to shannon to carter hit was nasty! stupid ref couldnt tell carter was virtually knocked out

#119 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Always nice to get goals from unexpected sources, but Clarkson is shooting well above his career shooting% so far this season...he's currently shooting 13.5%, and is a career 8.6% shooter. Same with Zubrus (15.5% this season, 11.5% career). Clarkson is now on pace for 32 goals and Zubrus 24. Do you really think either player comes close to those totals come Game 82, assuming both stay healthy? This 10-7-1 start is a wonderful surprise, as are the nine GF over their last two games, but Kovy and Zach are going to have to start finding the back of the net when both Clarkson and Zubrus inevitably cool off.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#120 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,364 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Always nice to get goals from unexpected sources, but Clarkson is shooting well above his career shooting% so far this season...he's currently shooting 13.5%, and is a career 8.6% shooter. Same with Zubrus (15.5% this season, 11.5% career). Clarkson is now on pace for 32 goals and Zubrus 24. Do you really think either player comes close to those totals come Game 82, assuming both stay healthy? This 10-7-1 start is a wonderful surprise, as are the nine GF over their last two games, but Kovy and Zach are going to have to start finding the back of the net when both Clarkson and Zubrus inevitably cool off.

Zubrus is shooting the puck more then he has in years. He is on pace for 146 shots. When players have high sh%'s early in the season I think they often shoot a lot more moving forward. I expect 16 goals this year from Zubrus..especially playing with Elias.

Clarkson is on pace for 236 shots this season, if he doesn't score 20 at this point I will be slightly disappointment given his start.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 20 November 2011 - 10:27 AM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users