132 replies to this topic

#121 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

"Ilya Kovalchuk went to the official scorer to get the assists changed on Clarkson’s game-winning goal. Kovalchuk initially had the secondary assist, but apparently Parise touched the puck at some point after Adam Henrique shot it from the right circle. The goal now reads Clarkson from Parise and Henrique."

Yea that cancer only cares about points and money.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#122 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

"Ilya Kovalchuk went to the official scorer to get the assists changed on Clarkson’s game-winning goal. Kovalchuk initially had the secondary assist, but apparently Parise touched the puck at some point after Adam Henrique shot it from the right circle. The goal now reads Clarkson from Parise and Henrique."

Yea that cancer only cares about points and money.

He does care about points, just not his personal points. He wants to team to get 2 points per game without giving up any points.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#123 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Zubrus is shooting the puck more then he has in years. He is on pace for 146 shots. When players have high sh%'s early in the season I think they often shoot a lot more moving forward. I expect 16 goals this year from Zubrus..especially playing with Elias.

Clarkson is on pace for 236 shots this season, if he doesn't score 20 at this point I will be slightly disappointment given his start.

I think they'll both fall short of 16 and 20, but they're not crazy totals to expect.

So if you're expecting 36 goals combined from them for the season, then that would be 13 more from Clarkson and 11 more from Zubrus (assuming neither gets hurt). 12 goals combined through 18 GP so far, 24 over the final 64 GP. As you can see, this is a big dropoff, which is why Zach and Kovy are going to have to step up.

As for Kovy, classy move for sure, but he's not getting paid to be a swell guy, he's being paid to be The Man, the guy who can get it done, the guy you're supposed to be able to build around, the guy the other team is scared to death of. He's had flashes of being that player, but we haven't seen him be that anywhere near often enough as a Devil.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#124 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

I think they'll both fall short of 16 and 20, but they're not crazy totals to expect.

So if you're expecting 36 goals combined from them for the season, then that would be 13 more from Clarkson and 11 more from Zubrus (assuming neither gets hurt). 12 goals combined through 18 GP so far, 24 over the final 64 GP. As you can see, this is a big dropoff, which is why Zach and Kovy are going to have to step up.

As for Kovy, classy move for sure, but he's not getting paid to be a swell guy, he's being paid to be The Man, the guy who can get it done, the guy you're supposed to be able to build around, the guy the other team is scared to death of. He's had flashes of being that player, but we haven't seen him be that anywhere near often enough as a Devil.

Sykora, Kovalchuk, Palmieri and Tedenby has been getting unlucky so far. Plus you have Zajac coming back which means Parise should start heating up. I am not worried about scoring. I am worried about our play with the lead.

#125 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

hows carter? that clarkson to shannon to carter hit was nasty! stupid ref couldnt tell carter was virtually knocked out

I was wondering that. Was he really out of it? He wasnt moving that much after getting Shannon's helmet smashed into his face.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#126 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Thing I'm most happy with is that we're putting up more than one or two goals. 4 last night, 5 at Buffalo, how many were there at Boston?

We just gotta do something about our laziness during the third period. That's the killer. In games where we're behind a goal in the third we end up giving a goal or two more and when we're in the lead we give up one or two.

#127 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Sykora, Kovalchuk, Palmieri and Tedenby has been getting unlucky so far. Plus you have Zajac coming back which means Parise should start heating up. I am not worried about scoring. I am worried about our play with the lead.

The power play is still a concern, it needs to get into the 45 shots/60 minutes range.

Clarkson should absolutely score 20, there's no reason to expect him not to, besides injury. Right now he's on a 32 goal pace and his shooting isn't even that off from his career percentages. Unless the bounces really start going against him and he starts going 0 for 30 regularly, I definitely see 20 goals in his future.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#128 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

also re: Zubrus shooting more, Jason, he's also getting much more ice time.

#129 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

The power play is still a concern, it needs to get into the 45 shots/60 minutes range.

Clarkson should absolutely score 20, there's no reason to expect him not to, besides injury. Right now he's on a 32 goal pace and his shooting isn't even that off from his career percentages. Unless the bounces really start going against him and he starts going 0 for 30 regularly, I definitely see 20 goals in his future.

He's a career 8.6% shooter who's up to 13.5% this season. That's pretty significant.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

He's a career 8.6% shooter who's up to 13.5% this season. That's pretty significant.

he's playing on the first unit power play, that should give him more opportunities for better scoring chances.

if he shoots at his career s% rate from now on while maintaining his current shot rate, he'll score 23 goals (in 82 games).

#131 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Last year was an outlier, a garbage goal scorer like him usually falls around 10%.

What would I give to have it around 50 shots/60 minutes.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 20 November 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#132 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

didnt get to see this one, but its always nice to see us beat Tampa. did anyone look bad? how did the 1st line go?

Good win boys. :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#133 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

i cant believe its taken me this long to comment on that give-and-go score between Clarkson and Elias. that right there, was a thing of beauty...

a thing of magnificence. a magical highlight executed with calmness and aptitude.

well done, boys.. well done :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users