260 replies to this topic

#201 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

You're a poopy head! No you're a poopy head!

Posted Image

Lol. This reminds me of the siamese twins clip on tosh.o. "I'll teach you a lesson, no I'll teach you a lesson!" lol. I would post a link, but I'm on my phone.

As for zach, I don't think it's time to panic. I do, however, feel that he should be in front of the net much more. It is where he scores the majority of his goals after all.
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#202 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

it's ironic that quinn and adam are fighting harder than the devils did tonight

#203 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

I just hope they keep the makeup sex off the board. Wakka Wakka. :-D

Edited by Biggie B, 21 November 2011 - 11:22 PM.

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#204 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

once they let in the first one i had a bad feeling about the game. plus it once again proves stans saying that a 3 goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey.

#205 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Posted Image

#206 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

He's the elephant in the room, but Parise isn't being traded. That's not how Lou rolls with impending FA's. If they're out of it come the deadline, that might be different altogether. They've never been there with a player of Parise's stature in that situation.

If Parise continues to underachieve, i do not think it will matter much come July 1st. It will be looked at as a talented player stuck in NJ that is being "held back" or for some other reason. They'll blame the Devils much the same way they blamed the Devils for any other player leaving. I think if Parise gets what i fear he will, that team is going to be overpaying for him and what he might truely be for the rest of his career. And when you spend 7-8 million on a player, he better be an all-star or superstar type talent. The Devils simply can not give another big contract to a player and watch him underachieve. Not now.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#207 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Funny stuff. Ill give you that.

If Parise continues to underachieve, i do not think it will matter much come July 1st. It will be looked at as a talented player stuck in NJ that is being "held back" or for some other reason. They'll blame the Devils much the same way they blamed the Devils for any other player leaving. I think if Parise gets what i fear he will, that team is going to be overpaying for him and what he might truely be for the rest of his career. And when you spend 7-8 million on a player, he better be an all-star or superstar type talent. The Devils simply can not give another big contract to a player and watch him underachieve. Not now.

Thats exactly right. For his own sake, Parise needs to step up his game, whether he wants to leave or not.

Edited by Quinn01, 22 November 2011 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#208 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Adam make a valid point before you tell someone to Stfu or call them stupid you fvcking bone head.

#209 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

Adam make a valid point before you tell someone to Stfu or call them stupid you fvcking bone head.

Somebody please bring this thread back to the pity party it originally was.

#210 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

You bitch constantly. No one takes you serious or wants to read your mindless bashing.

#211 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

You bitch constantly. No one takes you serious or wants to read your mindless bashing.

im backing this

www.SterioDesign.com

#212 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

They deserve to lose this game.

They played with no heart today. none.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#213 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

End result of bad habits. This is where coaching comes in. Definitely a teachable situation and really it could have happened in any of a bunch of games that have happened recently. This team just can't, won't and doesn't play defense and they are turnover happy.

As for Parise, he's slumping but he's also coming back from an injury, these things take time. It's going to be the same problem with Kovalchuk too, probably worse because a nagging groin is pretty much a season-long prison sentence. I dunno if he'll skate at 100% speed this entire season. They both need to produce but at the same time other guys are carrying the production so it's not totally imperative RIGHT NOW.

#214 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

Oh, and the screechyness is hilarious. :lol: Blame everyone time. Probably didn't have a problem with the Buffalo game or the Tampa game or the couple of other times they've gone to the brink of doing this but come back.

#215 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

got way too comfortable and obviously completely blew the game. this game was lost by us, not won by them. games like this are so hard to watch. we all felt good and there was nothing we could do to not watch our team fall apart.

the entire last two periods was all florida. cmon guys, gotta do better than that

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#216 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

Waking up to a loss like this makes me just want to call in sick and forget this day.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#217 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

All there is to do is wait and hope that Parise turns everything around. Taking the "C" away isnt going to solve anything at this point its just going to make him look bad. Also they already tried giving it to Elias once...it didnt work he had a horrible season and so did the team. I was always under the impression that there were many leaders in the dressing room. Now that I wake up and join reality I realize the last one of the guys that did that was Colin White. Many of the guys that saw success with NJ are long gone and JL had prob become a leader if not the leader which may be why he and Jamie didn't get along. Maybe its time to expect that every intermission might not bring out a revamped team because their arent 6 vets or one Scott Stevens/JL in the locker room anymore to kick some ass and hold people accountable? I hope Parise gets it done, not for a contract but just so the team can win consistantly again and do some damage in the playoffs. Everyone that has taken over since scott stevens has had trouble adjusting to the pressure. I'll give it some time but heart is just as important as skill some nights. Tonight the talent showed up but the heart didnt.

Sent using android.

Edited by NJDevils1214, 22 November 2011 - 03:10 AM.

815631765.gif

#218 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

Any season loss will never come close to how crushed i was after game 7 against carolina few years ago...

The headline on nhl.com is still haunting me... "Cane you believe it" :argh:

www.SterioDesign.com

#219 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:12 AM

Glad this garbage is happening at the beginning of the year. They've gotta shake this crap off.

#220 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

Honestly Marty was our best player tonight but I think he wanted that short handed goal back.

Parise has been sucking this year and like everyone has said he has to produce. Kovy has even been stepping it up a notch.

I want to know our final faceoff stats were. We couldn't win a critical one for our lives this game.
Salvador should be gone soon. I am done with him.

I think we got thrown around more with tedenby in instead of napalm. I didn't even notice tedenby at all tonight.

Sykora is our new rolston with the way he goes wide on his shots in scoring opportunities.

Steve needs to tell chico to shut the fvck up.

He's not though because Sykora gets paid 800k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users