260 replies to this topic

#241 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

Then they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. They can't beat Columbus at home and a NYI team that's falling apart they're in trouble.

Lesser team beat better teams quite a bit. That's looking at it way too black and white. The season is barely a quarter old.

No, I wouldn't be thrilled if the Devils stumbled against these teams, but I wouldn't assume all was lost either.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#242 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

They played with no heart today. none.

Well we saw a cup team in the first period after the first 2 min.

It was just like Chico or Steve said "The Devils dont want this period to end."

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#243 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Parise has no excuses as his injury was 1-year ago and he's only 27 years old.

I can tell you as someone who's had a serious knee injury that it takes a long time for it to feel normal and there's no guarantee that it'll ever be 100% again.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#244 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

I can tell you as someone who's had a serious knee injury that it takes a long time for it to feel normal and there's no guarantee that it'll ever be 100% again.

John Maclean. He's actually the one player i thought of with Parise's injury. Mac was never really the same player after that knee injury in 1991.

But, honestly, it isn't his knee. From what i see, he's not lost a step or anything off his skating. It's his overall game. He's either not comfortable, the C is weighing and the contract is a bigger burden then it's led on. Whatever it is, i am fairly confident it is not a physical problem. The "he's rusty" excuses ended already. He looked like he was getting back into his game in early November vs the Flyers and the Jets and it's pretty much been nothing since then. Point fingers at Deboer for moving him around, but Zach isn't a stranger to center. Center is a much different position to play because it requires more involvement in the play and responsibility, but a player of his intelligence level and work ethic should not effect him that badly.

Not for nothing, but Parise has played 32 games since the end of the 09-10 season. In those 32 games, he's put up 18 points and is a -6. Now, he was playing injured in 10-11 so that's to be considered, too plus coming back off that injury...but those are pretty ugly numbers for a player who's going to be asking for and commanding 7-8 million.

Edited by SJP20, 22 November 2011 - 11:46 AM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#245 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Kovy was horrible tonight outside of the first period. The guy just stands in one spot and watches Parise/Henrique hustle their asses off. Everyone in the building knows hes just waiting to get off a one timer from the top of the circle so why doesnt he just move around, get in on the forecheck, use his backhand, drive the net, etc...

Edited by devlman, 22 November 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#246 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Kovy was horrible tonight outside of the first period. The guy just stands in one spot and watches Parise/Henrique hustle their asses off. Everyone in the building knows hes just waiting to get off a one timer from the top of the circle so why doesnt he just move around, get in on the forecheck, use his backhand, drive the net, etc...

he's even more of a spectater in our end than in the past. no way he's 100% physically. or with deboers system. he looks confused. he has board responsibility on the breakout so it looks like he's torn between chasing the puck and playing his position. the offensive dump ins with zach look all out of sync as well, many times its way to early and the D is skating out before pressured. gotta give the super line a few more games though

#247 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

he's even more of a spectater in our end than in the past. no way he's 100% physically. or with deboers system. he looks confused. he has board responsibility on the breakout so it looks like he's torn between chasing the puck and playing his position. the offensive dump ins with zach look all out of sync as well, many times its way to early and the D is skating out before pressured. gotta give the super line a few more games though

Agreed. He was non-existent on the defensive side of things.

#248 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

Did everyone NOT see Greene whining when his stick got ripped out of his hands and just quit on the play when that game winning or tying goal was scored??? I found that pretty unacceptable.

And was Ilya slew footed there or what? Anyone hear how he is?

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#249 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Did everyone NOT see Greene whining when his stick got ripped out of his hands and just quit on the play when that game winning or tying goal was scored??? I found that pretty unacceptable.

Ya, Greene shouldn't have pouted and Larsson probably shouldn't have pursued the puck carrier. Two wrongs really made the play break down.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#250 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

You bitch constantly. No one takes you serious or wants to read your mindless bashing.

I bitch constantly because what is not to bitch about? I'm pretty sure you witnessed the same thing I did last night so where the fvck are the positives? I have news for you. There aren't any. Parise sucks. Kovalchuck is a bust. The team has a bunch of posers playing defense. They are a completely CRACKED shell of the former cup winning teams that they once were. You and Stero can say whatever you want. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is you two are both herbs.

Absolutely correct. I'm the same age and I play football. I had the injury back in 2009 and it took more than 1 year to feel normal. It can get back to 100% though. Just takes time and treatment.

#251 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

I bitch constantly because what is not to bitch about? I'm pretty sure you witnessed the same thing I did last night so where the fvck are the positives? I have news for you. There aren't any. Parise sucks. Kovalchuck is a bust. The team has a bunch of posers playing defense. They are a completely CRACKED shell of the former cup winning teams that they once were. You and Stero can say whatever you want. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is you two are both herbs.

how hard is it to try to look at the bright sides and focus on it instead of being an ass bashing back and forth eventho EVERYONE is letting him know that he's annoying, if the team is not going well we KNOW IT we're actually watching the game compared to you just watching the score and bashing out of your ass

also how hard is it to get my name right? its Sterio no Stero

you seem to be one mentally challenged man if you ask me

www.SterioDesign.com

#252 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

In Steri-Eri-O!!!!!

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#253 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

:troll1:

Don't feed thee.

n2eg.jpg

#254 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Absolutely correct. I'm the same age and I play football. I had the injury back in 2009 and it took more than 1 year to feel normal. It can get back to 100% though. Just takes time and treatment.

When the team wins 5-1 I don't see you saying those things. And Kovy is a bust? Really? You're an idiot.

#255 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

The worst thing about games like this is the cliche-spewing that gets regurgitated after losses: .

well one cliche rang true and that is the one about the worst lead in hockey is a 3 goal lead!
THAT WAS TRUE! you mentally shut it down and get tentitive.

#256 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Im not impressed with Tallinder really since we got him. I say trade him and/ or bring up Urbom or Tao. Marty had a good game the Def did not

#257 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Any season loss will never come close to how crushed i was after game 7 against carolina few years ago...The headline on nhl.com is still haunting me... "Cane you believe it" :argh:

I remember crying like a kid this day...I just couldn't believe it
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#258 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

I remember crying like a kid this day...I just couldn't believe it

I had the misfortune of being at that game. Was sitting last row in 209. After Staal scored you could hear a pin drop. Utter disbelief all around.

Ever since that game, something died inside me regarding the way I feel about this team. It's almost as if I can't get excited about much with the Devils since that night. Still haven't gotten over it.

I really want to see the Devils win a playoff series. It's been almost 5 years since they've done that. If the team can advance even one round, I think they could do more damage. Confidence is a strange and dangerous thing.

Edited by puckrock, 23 November 2011 - 12:04 AM.

This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#259 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

Duhhh.. Kovy, if you really haven't noticed, is a slap shot scorer.. He can dangle extremely well too, but his slapper is elite.. That's why I think he and Zach shouldn't be on the same line - Kovy needs guys who can feed his shot consistently, and Zach needs guys to get pucks either on net so he can bang one home or get him a a breakaway pass

Both superstars with different ways of scoring, so don't get on him for that

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#260 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

You sound like a person who thinks life is useless because we're gonna die anyway. You just whine and whine.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users