104 replies to this topic

#61 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Parise isn't an exception to the same things that happen to every player. Maybe we have taken his talent for granted and now he is going through a rough patch. I'm not going to turn on him now just because he is having a rough start to a season after being named captain and coming off a season long injury the year before.

I have little doubt he will live up to the contract he gets.

#62 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

The Devils are not trading Zach if they have a chance to make the playoffs. Being completely out of it by February again, well that's a different story but I think the team is what it is, they'll hang around the eighth seed. NHL history proves if you just get in, anything can happen - look at the Oilers, Flames and Flyers making serious runs as low seeds.

And like PK said, keeping him and hoping for a playoff run that entices him is worth something too. Your slim chance to re-sign him goes to zero if you trade him. Is cashing in your chips worth a Kovy-like package? Atlanta would have been better off keeping him and hoping they made the playoffs instead of taking the dreck they did for him.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#63 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

repeat post

Edited by Jerrydevil, 22 November 2011 - 12:21 PM.

#64 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

The Devils are not trading Zach if they have a chance to make the playoffs. Being completely out of it by February again, well that's a different story but I think the team is what it is, they'll hang around the eighth seed. NHL history proves if you just get in, anything can happen - look at the Oilers, Flames and Flyers making serious runs as low seeds.

And like PK said, keeping him and hoping for a playoff run that entices him is worth something too. Your slim chance to re-sign him goes to zero if you trade him. Is cashing in your chips worth a Kovy-like package? Atlanta would have been better off keeping him and hoping they made the playoffs instead of taking the dreck they did for him.

You know what? We shouldn't even be here with Zach right now. He should have already gotten his money. It's a big-time screw-up, if you ask me. MISMANAGEMENT.

#65 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

You know what? We shouldn't even be here with Zach right now. He should have already gotten his money. It's a big-time screw-up, if you ask me. MISMANAGEMENT.

Mismanagement or bad luck with what happened in the last several months with ownership? It's also possible he's genuinely not happy here anymore.

And if not signing him long-term was a conscious decision based on wanting to see how the knee injury hindered him and he never gets back to the 35-goal, 80 point level I'm not so sure that's mismanagement.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 November 2011 - 12:36 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#66 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

When can the devils officially offer Zach a contract?

ajq8o1.png

#67 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Why on earth would Zach want to sign with us on july 1st if he doesn't wanna sign with us on january 1st?

There's no options here. Either he signs before the deadline, or Lou *MUST* trade him.
Posted Image

#68 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

When can the devils officially offer Zach a contract?

anytime - he just can't sign it until 1/1

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#69 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Why on earth would Zach want to sign with us on july 1st if he doesn't wanna sign with us on january 1st?

There's no options here. Either he signs before the deadline, or Lou *MUST* trade him.

Because on July 1st we will know the results of this season and on Jan 1st we wont. It seems obvious that is weighing heavily on his decision.

#70 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Bring back Gio :giggle:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#71 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Does anyone think Lou and Zach are discussing it privately now or do you think they'll start after 1/1/12???

ajq8o1.png

#72 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Does anyone think Lou and Zach are discussing it privately now or do you think they'll start after 1/1/12???

If it was being spoken about it isnt now. I am sure Lou said lets put this off for now because clearly you need to just worry about your game.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#73 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Well if I were Zach and I was looking for a better deal elsewhere, I'd be playing much harder and competently than I am right now.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#74 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Bring back Gio :giggle:

I have such good insights... even if I do over use smilies...

:unsure: wait a sec...

never mind.

If it was being spoken about it isnt now. I am sure Lou said lets put this off for now because clearly you need to just worry about your game.

Lou will talk July 1st. Let's not fool ourselves.

I'm here for the party

#75 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

I don't think it makes sense to trade him at the deadline because his whole thing is he wants to go far in the playoffs for the chance at the cup and if we trade him he won't see that we can

ajq8o1.png

#76 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

Wait the deadline is in febuary right?

ajq8o1.png

#77 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

I have such good insights... even if I do over use smilies...

:unsure: wait a sec...

never mind.

Am I stealing your thunder with my avatar PK? :giggle:

Posted Image

#78 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

the best we can hope for by the playoffs...

• that the financial situation is settle... either that the TV deal thing Vanderbeek and Goldman is trying to pull off is working or that this Wendy's dude is buying the team or wtv, so then we can get a good rental and show Zach that we're serious.

• That Zajac is coming back strong and that the chemistry with Zach is still there

• That we're actually in the playoffs

www.SterioDesign.com

#79 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

the best we can hope for by the playoffs...

• that the financial situation is settle... either that the TV deal thing Vanderbeek and Goldman is trying to pull off is working or that this Wendy's dude is buying the team or wtv, so then we can get a good rental and show Zach that we're serious.

• That Zajac is coming back strong and that the chemistry with Zach is still there

• That we're actually in the playoffs

add in a contract extension for zach before the playoffs would be nice!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#80 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

add in a contract extension for zach before the playoffs would be nice!

well all those points are pretty much what we have to achieve to have a chance to re-signing him

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users