#101 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

Very interested in your explanation.

Semin gets a lot of hate because he is Russian. If he were named Joe Smith he would be considered in the same group as top Canadian two way forward minus the grit.

0.792 Relative QOC, 11.4 Relative CORSI, +1.86 (ON+- - OFF+- for scoring)

Those are elite numbers last season. He is one of the better two way forwards in the NHL, his defense is underrated beyond belief. Plus he is a right handed RW.

He is having a tough season with Washington but I fully expect him to bounce back.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 24 November 2011 - 11:09 AM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#102 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Semin gets a lot of hate because he is Russian. If he were named Joe Smith he would be considered in the same group as top Canadian two way forward minus the grit.

0.792 Relative QOC, 11.4 Relative CORSI, +1.86 (ON+- - OFF+- for scoring)

Those are elite numbers last season. He is one of the better two way forwards in the NHL, his defense is underrated beyond belief. Plus he is a right handed RW.

He is having a tough season with Washington but I fully expect him to bounce back.

I didn't realize his numbers were that good at all, in fact I never would've guessed they would be anything close to that. I guess the "Russian" stigma in hockey is like the "Latino" stigma in baseball. Out of curiosity, can I find his career numbers at Behind the Net? I'm interested to see how his total numbers from over the years.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#103 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

I didn't realize his numbers were that good at all, in fact I never would've guessed they would be anything close to that. I guess the "Russian" stigma in hockey is like the "Latino" stigma in baseball. Out of curiosity, can I find his career numbers at Behind the Net? I'm interested to see how his total numbers from over the years.

Semin takes a boatload of bad penalties and has a horrible reputation with referees.

Anyway, what you asked for:

http://www.behindthe...30 32 33 34 63#

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#104 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

Semin takes a boatload of bad penalties and has a horrible reputation with referees.

Anyway, what you asked for:

http://www.behindthe...30 32 33 34 63#

Thanks for the link. Seems like his 2010-2011 season was a bit of a jump up compared to his prior seasons going by those advanced stats.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 24 November 2011 - 12:39 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#105 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

It is odd that Semin's teammates all seem to hate his lack of effort so much they're comfortable going to the media about it. I'm not sure you want a guy who may lack effort and who apparently isn't well liked by his teammates, since they felt ok ripping him.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users