68 replies to this topic

#21 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

No, DIG it's very BAD news. It just happens to be a fact of life for us. Always has, always will be. Remember the Nashville mess? Just pray we have a line of investors who want a piece. Otherwise, we lose the team.

But isn't that just what this is? An investor who wants a very big piece?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

a Where's the Beef chant would be hilarious, but most people wouldn't know what the hell the chant is for :lol:

I'd think it was for Stevens.... Posted Image

I'm here for the party

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

I think JVB made money at least one season (08-09?).

Anyway, if any of this article is to be believed, I'm not sure I want JVB borrowing his one source of guaranteed $ to keep the team afloat.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

I think JVB made money at least one season (08-09?).

Anyway, if any of this article is to be believed, I'm not sure I want JVB borrowing his one source of guaranteed $ to keep the team afloat.

Obviously we would have to see the numbers, but he would own the 94% arena and team with about 125-150 million in debt after this move compared to 47% of the team and arena while owing about the same amount of debt. It seems like that would make sense on the surface.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#25 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Yeah, DIG. But at this point, I dont find myself as loyal to an owner as to the team itself. I just want a team here, that's all. Maybe if we weren't so tied into Wall St. our fortunes wouldn't be so tied into the whims of the market. A lot of these guys are stealing from Peter to pay Paul and the Devils seem to be in the balance.

#26 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#27 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

The guy grew up and lives in the area, so I don't think he'd be looking to move the team. Interesting that he was also rumored to be a purchaser of the Isles.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#29 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

As much as I like JVB's ownership tenure this is starting to feel like watching an underwater homeowner try all the tricks in the book to justify his continued ownership. What is JVB's wealth anyway? Can he truly compete with billionaires and their backing abilities?

#30 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hopefully the Devils/Arena are too big to fail!
Posted Image

#31 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Nice job on the old Wendy's Mike Richter commercial, Justdo.

#32 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

The guy grew up and lives in the area, so I don't think he'd be looking to move the team. Interesting that he was also rumored to be a purchaser of the Isles.

He was very close to buying the Senators before Melnyk bought the team in 2003 or so. Didn't know he had a piece of Wendy's. At the time it was Arby's and Snapple.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#33 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Wendy's is a New Jersey born company. I doubt this guy would move the team if he bought it.

#34 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

the value is in the TV deal and the arena - it makes no sense to buy this team to move it - the cost to move it would be astronomical. not to mention that you have to have a place to move it to. nobody is buying this team and paying to move it to KC where it won't make the revenue it could make here.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#35 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Oh look.. Another article from our buddy The Post.. While I refuse to believe anything they say until a reliable source confirms, I would definitely be happy with a billionaire owning the team over a 400 - 600 millionaire that's for sure.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#36 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

I cant tell the difference between the new big and juicy and the old burger. anyway I think this is good news, as hillary said, "it takes a billionare" DID YOU HEAR THAT ZACH?!?!

#37 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Seems like a win-win. We either have JVB restructure the debt or a multibillionaire who loves hockey step in and wipe our debt clean alltogether. I like what JVB has done for us but Nelson Peltz has much deeper pockets. Ideally, maybe Peltz takes over and JVB stays on as a minority owner.

#38 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Wendy's is a New Jersey born company. I doubt this guy would move the team if he bought it.

I hope not if they move I might kill myself :(

ajq8o1.png

#39 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

I cant tell the difference between the new big and juicy and the old burger. anyway I think this is good news, as hillary said, "it takes a billionare" DID YOU HEAR THAT ZACH?!?!

If he buys the team money won't be an issue to keep Zach . Peltz can just pay him extra from his pocket hahaha

ajq8o1.png

#40 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

I hope not if they move I might kill myself :(

Don't do that to your family. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users