NSH puts Bergfors on Waivers

DevilinLA

Four teams have given up on him in the last year, including Atlanta and Florida. There's got to be a reason that he keeps getting bounced around. I'm just guessing, but he must have attitude problems or something.

I think we probably traded him at the peak of his worth, before people figured it out that he might not be all that good.

That said, I wouldn't mind picking him up, putting him in the AHL, and letting him try to make the team again. It's true our RW depth isn't all that great. If we could ship a guy like Palmieri out in a Turris package (who also may turn out to stink--i think this will be the case), getting another RW in the depth chart would make sense. He probably wouldn't make the club at all this year, but you never know what the team will look like next year, depending on potential trades, Parise's status, etc.

Are there any dyslexic GMs in the league? They might give him a shot, thinking they're signing Forsberg.

DIG strikes again...good one!

I saw a glimpse of a Brian Gionta type player in Tedenby late last year....but he has seemed to regress this season (and Palmieri too) I hope they start putting the biscuit in the basket if you know what I'm sayin.

You see Gionta in Tedenby??? Gionta is much more of a gritty, get in the dirty areas to get goals, more hard work than talent type player. Tedenby is a way more naturally gifted player than Gionta is or was and will score more goals with his skill than he will by taking slapshots from further out or by standing in front of the net like Gionta has done to score the goals he has.

Edited by ATLL765

Blake Comeau is a guy I wouldn't mind taking a risk on if we weren't at 49 on the reserve list. He played fairly tough minutes last year (Zstart for the most part). Islanders are a bad team, a change of environment may do him well.

I wouldn't take him on waivers, but I would trade Pelley and a low round pick for him.

Honestly, I think we are shaping up to have a excess of NHL caliber players once Zajac and Josefson come back which is wonderful for Lou if he wants to move some parts around the deadline. I feel like it may have been in the paper but Lou was served well by us missing the playoffs as I think it helped us find a lot of younger players that are capable of playing in the NHL.

Tedenby with one or two adjustments in his own end will be ready for 2nd line role. Adjustments take time, maybe by seasons end.

I don't buy it. He's too easy to take off the puck. He needs 20 pounds of muscle. Right now, he's tough to hit because he's fast, but he goes down if you make contact with him. Makes him a liability on d, and his speed is less of an asset on offense than we'd like. Somebody said he has more talent than GIo, and maybe he has a batter shot, but Gio made his size an asset because he was so fvcking strong you couldn't known him down unless you got him head on. With Teddy, it's still a liability.

I don't buy it. He's too easy to take off the puck. He needs 20 pounds of muscle. Right now, he's tough to hit because he's fast, but he goes down if you make contact with him. Makes him a liability on d, and his speed is less of an asset on offense than we'd like. Somebody said he has more talent than GIo, and maybe he has a batter shot, but Gio made his size an asset because he was so fvcking strong you couldn't known him down unless you got him head on. With Teddy, it's still a liability.

I think Tedenby is getting better. He's learning to get lower/under the big players so they don't have enough leverage to make a good physical play on Tedenby.

I think Tedenby is getting better. He's learning to get lower/under the big players so they don't have enough leverage to make a good physical play on Tedenby.

Useful, but if he gets bumped with a hip it's enough to take him out of a play. He needs to get stronger so guys have to hit him clean to take him off the puck, and he's not there yet.

Agreed in this.