#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

I'm hoping he is being showcased...

Who, Henrique? Are you out of your fvcking mind?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

I'm hoping he is being showcased...

Uhhhhh no thanks

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

If Henrique is traded right now for anyone other than a bona fide #1 center I'll be calling for Lou's head.

(Packaged for said center, obviously)

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

yo pick him back up, if we can for cheap. obviously we're not thick at RW, it couldn't hurt

i know the kid didn't put great numbers up last year but he's still young, eh?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

yo pick him back up, if we can for cheap. obviously we're not thick at RW, it couldn't hurt

i know the kid didn't put great numbers up last year but he's still young, eh?

Four teams have given up on him in the last year, including Atlanta and Florida. There's got to be a reason that he keeps getting bounced around. I'm just guessing, but he must have attitude problems or something.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

Four teams have given up on him in the last year, including Atlanta and Florida. There's got to be a reason that he keeps getting bounced around. I'm just guessing, but he must have attitude problems or something.

I think we probably traded him at the peak of his worth, before people figured it out that he might not be all that good.

That said, I wouldn't mind picking him up, putting him in the AHL, and letting him try to make the team again. It's true our RW depth isn't all that great. If we could ship a guy like Palmieri out in a Turris package (who also may turn out to stink--i think this will be the case), getting another RW in the depth chart would make sense. He probably wouldn't make the club at all this year, but you never know what the team will look like next year, depending on potential trades, Parise's status, etc.

#27 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

Are there any dyslexic GMs in the league? They might give him a shot, thinking they're signing Forsberg.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#28 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Are there any dyslexic GMs in the league? They might give him a shot, thinking they're signing Forsberg.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by devils26, 23 November 2011 - 09:04 AM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

DIG strikes again...good one!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Ryan Carter - 0.476
David Clarkson - 0.486
Mattias Tedenby - 0.500

Tedenby with one or two adjustments in his own end will be ready for 2nd line role. Adjustments take time, maybe by seasons end.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#31 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Honestly the Devils could use a speedy and talented right winger. He's still young and has the potential... we have enough Swedes to make him feel at home. I say go for it.

#32 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

He's cleared waivers. I for one am thankful this Thanksgiving that Lou didn't attempt to shoe-horn him back onto our roster.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

While NJ could use a right wing, Bergfors's problem apparently isn't his talent but his work ethic and attention to detail. It's not worth using the 50th spot on the reserve list for that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

I saw a glimpse of a Brian Gionta type player in Tedenby late last year....but he has seemed to regress this season (and Palmieri too) I hope they start putting the biscuit in the basket if you know what I'm sayin.

You see Gionta in Tedenby??? Gionta is much more of a gritty, get in the dirty areas to get goals, more hard work than talent type player. Tedenby is a way more naturally gifted player than Gionta is or was and will score more goals with his skill than he will by taking slapshots from further out or by standing in front of the net like Gionta has done to score the goals he has.

Edited by ATLL765, 24 November 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#35 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

Didn't think this was worth a new thread but another name on the waiver wire:

https://twitter.com/#!/kausatoday/status/139753382775767042

"NY Islanders have placed Blake Comeau on waivers"

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#36 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

TSNBobMcKenzieBob McKenzie

NSH puts Niclas Bergfors on unconditional ($125) waivers. If he clears, team and player can mutually agree to terminate contract

#37 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Blake Comeau is a guy I wouldn't mind taking a risk on if we weren't at 49 on the reserve list. He played fairly tough minutes last year (Zstart for the most part). Islanders are a bad team, a change of environment may do him well.

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

Blake Comeau is a guy I wouldn't mind taking a risk on if we weren't at 49 on the reserve list. He played fairly tough minutes last year (Zstart for the most part). Islanders are a bad team, a change of environment may do him well.

I wouldn't take him on waivers, but I would trade Pelley and a low round pick for him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#39 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

nevermind

Edited by Devs4LordStanley, 24 November 2011 - 12:43 PM.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#40 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

I wouldn't take him on waivers, but I would trade Pelley and a low round pick for him.

Agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users