193 replies to this topic

#181 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hard to consider that a win honestly, we didn't deserve it at all.

#182 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

(Hard or not.. i consider this as a win... at the end if we need these point to grab a better place in standing... nobody will remember that these points weren't sexy)

Yes. Of course... Points could be sexy. Ask " ! "

#183 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

A win is a win

ajq8o1.png

#184 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,935 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

Two undeserved points, but I'm not turning them down.

5 regulation wins, 5 shootout wins, and 1 OT win. Everyone from VBK to Lou to DeBoer to the players should be thankful today that they have a winning record. Lots of luck involved with this 11-8-1 mark. Scary to think where they might be without their absurd penalty-killing prowess.

Marty's Herculean efforts last night brought his save% up to .900. Glad to see it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#185 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

I think last night was the first time I ever saw Kovalchuk cycle. And it was only once. He's moving on up!
Devils.

#186 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

I can see why Kovalchuk has trouble on the cycle, it is hard to cycle on your offwing, you tend to want to use the point rather then keep it down low.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#187 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,066 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

I can see why Kovalchuk has trouble on the cycle, it is hard to cycle on your offwing, you tend to want to use the point rather then keep it down low.

Which to me is just fine. I think shots and shot attempts per game by NJ defensemen at even strength are way down this year as compared to last. At least it feels that way.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#188 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

Which to me is just fine. I think shots and shot attempts per game by NJ defensemen at even strength are way down this year as compared to last. At least it feels that way.

They probably are. Fayne and Greene are at a shot a game while Larsson and Tallinder are on pace for 106 shots. When you have pluggers eating a lot of minutes the points won't get fed, they will keep the puck down low. Tedenby is probably the worst at keeping the puck low when he could feed the point and he has excellent skill.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 24 November 2011 - 11:34 AM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#189 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

do we keep zack and kovy together till travis gets back? they just seem to be pressing too much and forcing the puck to each other
if they dont product 3 even Strength goals in this isles series I'd break them up. 1+1=1.5 for these two
kovy, zach and patrik should be anchors on 3 solid lines

#190 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

He hasn't been our best offensive player at all.

Obviously so far this season he hasn't. I was talking in a more general sense. Kovy is the most talented offensive player on this team.

He's not getting the support he needs to produce however. He's constantly in a playmaking role, and lately on the right wing. He needs to play LW and he needs playmaking talent on his line. He's a sniper type of player if there ever was one. If you're not gonna build your team around making your $100M sniper produce, then I don't see the point in bringing him here.
Posted Image

#191 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

This comes down to discipline. We used to be a disciplined team. We need to get back to that.

#192 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Kovy isn't our best offensive player, he spends half his ice time standing in one spot or gliding down the ice.

#193 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Elias is our best offensive player
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#194 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

This game should not have had to go into a shootout. How we let them shoot 36 shots is beyind me but ill take the points.

I definitely know what ur talkin about by saying parise and kovy force the puck to one another because it was easy to see in that pass from kovy in front of the net, interesting. Bring it tomorrow boys

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users