iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#162 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Also, worst #1 star decision. Ever. A mob should have gone after the "attending media". Good work, TG.

TG and Neverson had to team up for that farce. Sanford, OK, but Boll? Boll must have thought someone was pranking him on that.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#163 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Also, worst #1 star decision. Ever. A mob should have gone after the "attending media". Good work, TG.

lol I was out and only getting updates by the phone. When I saw Marty made 36 saves and the Devils got outshot 17-3 in the third, it was :rolleyes: worthy. It didn't occur to me that anyone else would have been first star until I looked on the boards, it's like they're not allowed to give the first star to anyone other than the guy who ties a game that ends in a tie.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#164 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

Not if he keeps cutting his shifts short and flexing and gimping around after them.

He's not right. Neither is Kovalchuk but we know why.

If Parise's really hurt then I gotta take back some of the bad things I was saying after Monday :lol: They've really kept that one under wraps if he is, then again Zach himself kept last year's injury under wraps until he couldn't any longer - and he certainly has a vested interest in keeping quiet about this one too, if there is one.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#165 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Another lead was blown, we were lucky.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#166 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

If Parise's really hurt then I gotta take back some of the bad things I was saying after Monday :lol: They've really kept that one under wraps if he is, then again Zach himself kept last year's injury under wraps until he couldn't any longer - and he certainly has a vested interest in keeping quiet about this one too, if there is one.

I don't know if he's hurt or not but he's cutting alot of shifts short. He still plays a ton. lol. He seems gimpy or flexing alot coming off after the shifts too. At bare minimum, he's not comfortable.

#167 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

I don't know if he's hurt or not but he's cutting alot of shifts short. He still plays a ton. lol. He seems gimpy or flexing alot coming off after the shifts too. At bare minimum, he's not comfortable.

If there's something wrong, I hope he learned from what happened with the miniscus injury- nip it in the bud.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#168 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Kovy is by far our best offensive player. If he isn't producing you need to make changes around him until he does. Not making him play on RW is a start.

Nothing against Kovy but I dont know how you can say hes our best offensive player right now with the play of Patrik Elias...

#169 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

I was at the game. SO sloppy. Turnover after turnover. That's something the devils need to work on a LOT.

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

It's pretty sad that we barely managed to get 2 points out of this game. Reminds me of last year when we beat Edmonton in OT. It was a big deal, but it was crummy team against crummy team then. Tonight it was a better crummy team against a crummy team.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#171 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

It's pretty sad that we barely managed to get 2 points out of this game. Reminds me of last year when we beat Edmonton in OT. It was a big deal, but it was crummy team against crummy team then. Tonight it was a better crummy team against a crummy team.

Columbus was the better crummy team. They whipped our asses. Probably a bit of a lull after the suckfest on Monday. They'll snap out of it.

#172 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

double tapped!

Edited by Dead, 24 November 2011 - 12:04 AM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#173 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Lmfao, Boll? For serious? Holy sh!t.

I think they thought it was "Bowl", because they were smoking too much...

There are some flashes I would like to see grow into full 20min stretches from this game. I thought for sure Clarkson was going to score at one point in the second period.

Wow! Most of tonight's games were SO/OT!

#174 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

Kovy is by far our best offensive player. If he isn't producing you need to make changes around him until he does. Not making him play on RW is a start.

He hasn't been our best offensive player at all.

#175 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,484 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

columbus is not a crummy team, they are actually halfway decent but their goaltending has been terrible - sanford has really stabilized that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#176 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

I was at the game. SO sloppy. Turnover after turnover. That's something the devils need to work on a LOT.

What did you think of the seats?
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#177 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

columbus is not a crummy team, they are actually halfway decent but their goaltending has been terrible - sanford has really stabilized that.

Agreed. When they made all the changes to their roster during the offseason, I thought they were serious about improving their team. I was really shocked when they started out so bad, and I think a lot of that had to do with how bad Mason started, as well as losing Wiz at the start of the season with the suspension. I expected them to be better than their start, and maybe they are finally starting to show it. I don't think they are a crummy team at all.

#178 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

Lmfao, Boll? For serious? Holy sh!t.

Must have been because of his uhh sssss- uhhh what's the word? his uhhh sss-- (un)symmetrical nostrils.

Anyone else catch Chico's comments on Boll's nostrils? That is almost CroMag worthy, honestly. Chico's never cracked me up so much.

#179 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Agreed. It is amazing how much a goalie giving up a soft goal in the first 5 mins can kill a teams mojo. Mason did this often. So good for the Devils, because time will prove CBJ are much better than their record indicates.

And Boll as the first star? In NJ nonetheless! I understand if the game were in CBus since he is a fan favorite. But I just don't get it.
Posted Image Posted Image

#180 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Take 2 points move on! Some work needs to be done, and getting kovy back to LW might help him out a bit. He has been LW his whole career now he is at RW (i think of it as being a left handed person that is forced to do everything right handed). I say this because he does drift back to LW it seems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users