NFL Week 12!

CRASHER

How about Norv's epic fail on the idiotic handoff to Tolbert on 3rd Down that Miller ate ALIVE and lead to the double FAIL on the FG attempt???

That was anti-football HEAVEN!!!!!! :wub:

It looked like they were both playing for the tie, between Fox not using his timeouts at the end of regulation (then using one in OT on a super-long FG) and not going for it on 4th and 1 from midfield when you have a 250-pound QB and a bad offense.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letting Vince Young throw it up for 400 yards isn't exactly inspiring me that the Pats are "back" and playing well on the defensive side of the fence....

Indy

at DC

at Denver

Miami

Buffalo

Boy the Pats are gonna look a LOT better then they might be going into the stretch run.....

the team in the AFC that interests me and I think could be a threat is the Raiders..... seriously.......

Letting Vince Young throw it up for 400 yards isn't exactly inspiring me that the Pats are "back" and playing well on the defensive side of the fence....

Indy

at DC

at Denver

Miami

Buffalo

Boy the Pats are gonna look a LOT better then they might be going into the stretch run.....

the team in the AFC that interests me and I think could be a threat is the Raiders..... seriously.......

The Pats were better than the yard total would lead you to believe...Young got a lot of them when the Eagles raced out to their 10-0 lead, and a lot more in garbage time. When he had chances to answer the Pats' onslaught, he didn't, though his receivers didn't help him out.

I've already said what I've thought of the Pats. Frauds until proven otherwise. I've seen them outscore opponents by big margins before (109-39 over the last three games), and their sched almost guarantees that they're going to go into the playoffs looking impressive (and likely as a #1 or #2 seed). But none of that means a thing...they HAVE to make noise come playoff time.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Matt Leinart out for the year now :lol: (least he can rehab in that famous hot tub of his :P )

and also....FINALLY Jack Del Rio fired....strange timing in that.....

Texans talking about bringing in Jeff Garcia....wow......

Matt Leinart out for the year now :lol: (least he can rehab in that famous hot tub of his :P )

and also....FINALLY Jack Del Rio fired....strange timing in that.....

Texans talking about bringing in Jeff Garcia....wow......

Matt Leinhart is DONE.

Del Rio's biggest mistake: cutting your starting QB days before game #1.

Jeff Garcia????? Not a bad choice, after all rust is removed. He has a few weeks to hand-off the ball.

Matt Leinhart is DONE.

Del Rio's biggest mistake: cutting your starting QB days before game #1.

Jeff Garcia????? Not a bad choice, after all rust is removed. He has a few weeks to hand-off the ball.

Leinart got outplayed by TJ Hooker in that game alone :lol:

I don't blame Del Rio, he KNEW what he had in Garrard, and might as well get the rookie wet....having a WR on the team not labeled as embarrassingly bad would have helped, but his time was gone...

Garcia had worked out in Houston when Schaub got hurt, so that makes sense......

I don't blame Del Rio, he KNEW what he had in Garrard, and might as well get the rookie wet....having a WR on the team not labeled as embarrassingly bad would have helped, but his time was gone...

If Del Rio knew what he had, he could have utilized his rookie QB in camp with the first team (like Dalton in Cincy), instead of having him learn during the season and sacrificing games.

Garrard gave Jacksonville a better opportunity to win.

If Del Rio knew what he had, he could have utilized his rookie QB in camp with the first team (like Dalton in Cincy), instead of having him learn during the season and sacrificing games.

Garrard gave Jacksonville a better opportunity to win.

Not by much and not with THAT offense, all that does is maintain the mediocrity.....Del Rio's contract was the only thing that saved him THIS long

Not by much and not with THAT offense, all that does is maintain the mediocrity.....Del Rio's contract was the only thing that saved him THIS long

With Garrard you still had to respect the potential to pass and that would have opened up MJD and you could have gotten a few more wins to build off.

With Garrard you still had to respect the potential to pass and that would have opened up MJD and you could have gotten a few more wins to build off.

Who's he throwing to?? Lewis?? That's hardly a threat....the WR's would need an upgrade to be PUTRID....and Garrard doesn't exactly give DC's insomnia fits either....

Who's he throwing to?? Lewis?? That's hardly a threat....the WR's would need an upgrade to be PUTRID....and Garrard doesn't exactly give DC's insomnia fits either....

Not saying he does, I am saying is he gave the Jags a better chance to win.

He had 23 TD's last year in only 14 games working with nothing.

The Jags went 8-8 with Garrard last year and 3-8 without him this year, so yeah a 'healthy' Garrard would have kept them competitive but he was damaged goods this year, that's why nobody signed him after he got cut.

And they didn't dump him to play Gabbert, they dumped him to play McCown - until the Jets short-circuited him at least :lol:

It's amazing to me MJD still gains any yards with absolutely zero other threat around him, if I'd known they were going to dump Garrard before Opening Day I probably would have picked Turner again in the fantasy league lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not saying he does, I am saying is he gave the Jags a better chance to win.

He had 23 TD's last year in only 14 games working with nothing.

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't a lot of the decision based on his preseason (not terribly good)? And the Jags wanting to get out from under his contract? He was due $9 million this season...a lot for a Garrard-type.

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't a lot of the decision based on his preseason (not terribly good)? And the Jags wanting to get out from under his contract? He was due $9 million this season...a lot for a Garrard-type.

That's a lot for ANY non-elite QB

And does anyone think McNown was more then a stop-gap till they thought Gabbert was ready?? I know I don't.....

Speaking of bad QB's....Jake Delhomme is a Texan now...better choice then Brett Fraud...barely.....

And does anyone think McNown was more then a stop-gap till they thought Gabbert was ready?? I know I don't.....

Except Gabbert wasn't ready after two weeks...it was more like, oh good god McCown sucks so badly we have to play Gabbert :P

And yeah Delhomme's a wing and a prayer at best. He hasn't even been decent since the playoff game from hell.

I was hoping Garcia would get a shot. But they looked at him a few times and went with Jake. Always felt that Garcia got the short end of the stick in his career. Never deserved to be cut from San Fran, Tampa, or Oakland. The last stop, he basically quit since he refused to be the backup to Jamarcus Russell. Understood.

If the Texans want to make the playoffs and be competitive in it, you bring Favre in. But I think that they thought the circus would be too much. And it would be a lot, but he is far and away the best answer for that team.

Count Brian Billick among those who are being fooled by the Pats' three-game winning streak. In his power rankings, he has them ranked tops in the AFL (#2 overall), with the Ravens second (#3 overall), and the Steelers third (#5 overall). First off, how does he have the Steelers lower than the Pats, when the Steelers beat them, and in convincing fashion? And NE's defense is clearly the worst of those three teams. I'll be fair as and point out that, as bad as NE's D can be, it does only give up just under four points more per game than the Ravens and Steelers (I didn't factor in points scored against the offense for any of those teams, so the numbers might be slightly off). But who in their right minds would have confidence in that unit come playoff time? And as we've seen in the Pats' last three playoff contests, opposing defenses have been able to shut down NE's offense, and without too much trouble, really.

Barring a major collapse by either the Steelers or Ravens, I don't see how the Pats can move up beyond the third-ranked team in the AFC, regardless of their final record or seeding...even if they run the table to go on an 8-0 burst to finish the regular season. Even a 13-3 record and a number #1 seed (distinct possibilities, though not set in stone) wouldn't change my mind. The fact is, either the Steelers or the Ravens could go into Gillette and win very easily, to the tune of 24-14 or something like that.

So until I see something drastic happen:

AFC top three:

1) Ravens

2) Steelers

3) Patriots

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Count Brian Billick among those who are being fooled by the Pats' three-game winning streak. In his power rankings, he has them ranked tops in the AFL (#2 overall), with the Ravens second (#3 overall), and the Steelers third (#5 overall). First off, how does he have the Steelers lower than the Pats, when the Steelers beat them, and in convincing fashion? And NE's defense is clearly the worst of those three teams. I'll be fair as and point out that, as bad as NE's D can be, it does only give up just under four points more per game than the Ravens and Steelers (I didn't factor in points scored against the offense for any of those teams, so the numbers might be slightly off). But who in their right minds would have confidence in that unit come playoff time? And as we've seen in the Pats' last three playoff contests, opposing defenses have been able to shut down NE's offense, and without too much trouble, really.

Lot of people look at how NE man-handled the Chiefs, while the Steelers only scored 13 points and were 35 yards away from losing to the Chiefs (no one really thought Palko and the Chiefs were scoring that game?). But this is a league about matchups and Pitt matches up well against NE.

With that being said, I don't particularly think Brian Billick is very smart. He sounds like a fool most weeks calling games.

It was a shortened pre-season so no one was really "on".

Maybe his contract did suck, but if he wins a few more games, that is a few thousand more people in the stands and more revenue from fans drowning their sorrows in a $10 cup of Bush Beer.