151 replies to this topic

#121 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Good win but most of all, Moose earned that shutout. So glad they resigned him this off-season.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#122 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Well..I almost puked.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery, 26 November 2011 - 12:10 AM.

#123 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,193 posts

Devils win!!!! Moose with the shut out!!!!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#124 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

No.

He's right. I've played this game since i was 8 (almost 30 years) and taking a guy down on a brekaway or letting him go in alone is a wash.

Actually, giving him a penalty shot is an advantage. He has no one chasing him, can relax with the puck and isn't facing the same high speed quick thinking pressure of full speed action.

Given a choice, i'd rather do what i can to not take him down and try to disrupt his attempt.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#125 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Well I almost had a heart attack... but they pulled it out. Thanks Moose.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#126 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

He's right. I've played this game since i was 8 (almost 30 years) and taking a guy down on a brekaway or letting him go in alone is a wash.

Actually, giving him a penalty shot is an advantage. He has no one chasing him, can relax with the puck and isn't facing the same high speed quick thinking pressure of full speed action.

Given a choice, i'd rather do what i can to not take him down and try to disrupt his attempt.

But the shooter cannot go after the rebound and he also needs to ensure the puck is moving (except Briere). If I am Kovy, I will take him down because Moose is good at stopping penalty shots.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#127 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

THank Jeebus for the win. Only sucky thing is we're just keeping pace. Most of the teams we have to catch will probably win tonight.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#128 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

How many more turnovers is Larsson afforded before he gets some pine time? This is getting a little silly.

#129 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

How many more turnovers is Larsson afforded before he gets some pine time? This is getting a little silly.

He was sat for awhile after the first and AFAIK didn't play after the second one which led to the penalty shot.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#130 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

But the shooter cannot go after the rebound and he also needs to ensure the puck is moving (except Briere). If I am Kovy, I will take him down because Moose is good at stopping penalty shots.

Chances are the shooter won't get a rebound at full speed, real time game action.

The only way that happens is if the puck rebounds out to the side the shooter cuts to after the attmept or the shooter has so much time to slow the attmept down and bang home a rebound, if any. How many breakaways do you really see that clean that the shooter pics up his own rebound and gets or a shot off or scores?

It's all a game of chance. It's a quick descision when you're faced with it. The safe bet is to harass the shooter without drawing a call and the easy way is to haul him down. In this league with PS called every week it seems you know the league isn't going to have alot of tolerance for backchecking a shooter.

Kovalchuk looks great because they won.

#131 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,917 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Horrible game, the league really shouldn't schedule hockey for the day after thanksgiving.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#132 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Horrible game, the league really shouldn't schedule hockey for the day after thanksgiving.

Ain't the NHL's fault that the Devils don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#133 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Epic battle between terrible defense and terrible offense. Looks like the terrible offense was worse although the terrible team defense gave it a helluva shot in the 3rd. lol.

One more game before they can practice, thank god.

#134 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Chances are the shooter won't get a rebound at full speed, real time game action.

The only way that happens is if the puck rebounds out to the side the shooter cuts to after the attmept or the shooter has so much time to slow the attmept down and bang home a rebound, if any. How many breakaways do you really see that clean that the shooter pics up his own rebound and gets or a shot off or scores?

It's all a game of chance. It's a quick descision when you're faced with it. The safe bet is to harass the shooter without drawing a call and the easy way is to haul him down. In this league with PS called every week it seems you know the league isn't going to have alot of tolerance for backchecking a shooter.

Kovalchuk looks great because they won.

But sometimes, the trailer bangs home the rebound and yes, given the Devils are excellent on PK, maybe Kovy should just try to harass the shooter.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#135 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

I met him at a devils game. He's an islanders fan first and also a devils fan. I think every hockey player he meets signs the jerseys. He told me his favorite one was an ex ranger who loved the jersey and was more than happy to sign it. I can't remember which player though, I wanna say zherdev

LOL, that's pretty funny

#136 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

THank Jeebus for the win. Only sucky thing is we're just keeping pace. Most of the teams we have to catch will probably win tonight.

Yea. Of course Washington makes the Rangers look amazing. Good news though. Flyers and Rangers play tomorrow. One of em has to lose. Although I'm sure they'll both go to OT.

#137 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Bottom line this team needs to win tomorrow to complete the sweep of the bottom dwellers. 6 easy points should feel pretty nice after that horrific loss to Florida.

#138 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Yea. Of course Washington makes the Rangers look amazing. Good news though. Flyers and Rangers play tomorrow. One of em has to lose. Although I'm sure they'll both go to OT.

The Rangers always give Washington a time just like the Islanders do the Devils. It's games like that make me think Washington still isn't winning a Cup.

Boyle is now on 4th line? Well, they contributed on the scoresheet tonight which is more then i can say for the Devils 4th line night in and night out.

Edited by SJP20, 25 November 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#139 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Yes!!!! Robbed! fvck you Kovalsuk. Larrson is a rookie...who.cares that play was careless and shouldn't be done by any player. fvcking bullsh!t!!

yeah fvck kovy. the best player on the team.

you're a fvcking moron dude.

#140 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

Islanders always troll the Devils. It's just a fact of life.

And Stereo, while I agree with what you're saying, you've gotta stop quoting his bullsh!t. I've put him on ignore (and you should too if he bugs you) but it doesn't do me any good when people quote his moronic posts

yeah sorry dude it wont happen again, ive finally put him on my ignore list too so an happy life is ahead of us my friend

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users