#141 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Bryce and Moose
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#142 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Great win here, good shutout for Johan. Kovy lucky Johan bailed him out on that penalty shot though-_-

#143 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

yeah fvck kovy. the best player on the team.

you're a fvcking moron dude.

Bro. If you HONESTLY think Kovalchuck is the best player on the team at this point in the season just because the Devils spent all that money on him, you're fvcking wrong. Sorry ace. He's constantly turning over the puck. His passes are erratic 90% of the time and he has 4 fvcking goals in 21 games. WHOAAA dudes gnarly. Don't get me wrong he's a blast to watch, skates circles around everyone but I want a little more than that for all the hype.

The Rangers always give Washington a time just like the Islanders do the Devils. It's games like that make me think Washington still isn't winning a Cup.

Boyle is now on 4th line? Well, they contributed on the scoresheet tonight which is more then i can say for the Devils 4th line night in and night out.

Kinda crazy that the Caps and Devils have the same record right now.

#144 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:21 AM

Oh and whoever was complaining about that slash on Parise early..don't worry, he got his.

NEW YORK – New York Islanders forward John Tavares has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for slashing New Jersey forward Zach Parise in NHL Game No. 314 Friday afternoon on Long Island, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 3:51 of the second period. No penalty was assessed on the play.

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

#145 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:30 AM

had to work tonight, but nice to see a win. i didn't see this slash on parise though, was it brutal? and Parise is all good yea?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#146 twillms73

twillms73

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

My thoughts from section 308. I was there in my KC Scouts jersey with my wife and daughter, in standard Devils wear. The Islanders need to learn to shoot more. They passed on some good opportunities to try to create perfect ones. When they did shoot, MOOOOOSE, was there. A great representation from Devils fans. It was nice to be the invaders of an arena for a change, rather than the invadees.

On a side note, as noted on page 1 of this thread, I did play-by-play for the post-game charity game. The Communication Workers of America defeated the Suffolk County Sheriff's Office by a score of 3-2. The winning goal came late in the 3rd and I was happy to see a few hundred people stick around for this game. Most importantly, some money was raised for a worth-while charity, AngelasHouse.org.
Tom Willms
IYMSportsRadio.com

#147 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

Shall we keep this thread going or start a new one for tonight's matchup?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#148 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

had to work tonight, but nice to see a win. i didn't see this slash on parise though, was it brutal? and Parise is all good yea?

It was like something out of Braveheart.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#149 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

yup, a two-handed tomahawk, ted green like WTF suspend that punk. so zach flattened you, deal with it

good game by some devils; sestito was solid defensively and not a liability. A-train played smart with the puck. the sykora elias tandem is smooth hockey enjoyment. the exact opposite of the choppy parise kovy duo
clarksons line was invisible offensively, as was most of our lines

#150 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Maybe that damn slash will finally get Zach out of his sleep walking.

#151 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Not too often a team can score a total of two goals in two games (one per game), not look particularly good doing it, yet find a way to win both games.

This team is reminding me more and more of the '07-'08 squad...the one that managed 99 points but really had no business putting up that many. The big question is, can they continue to smoke-and-mirror their way to that many points this season? The Devils aren't going to keep killing penalties at a 94.0% rate. I'm not stating anything everybody doesn't already know in that Kovy and Parise need to start putting some friggin' pucks in the net soon. It's not fair nor reasonable to expect the Sykoras, Zubruses, and Clarksons to continually have to do the job that those two are supposed to be doing. I do have faith that Parise will eventually get it going...not to the tune of 40+ goals, but I think he has a reasonable shot at 30 if he can stay healthy. Kovy I have no faith in at all...clearly it's not working here for him, he's never going to be any better than he is now, maybe if the NHL was a pond hockey league he'd be a stud, but if the Devils think Kovy is the cornerstone to build around (and clearly they did when they re-signed him, but hopefully that's not the mindset now), the Devils are in trouble. Not saying they can't make the playoffs with Kovy as "the man", but they can forget about making much noise upon getting there. Oh well...another 14 years or so to get the answer to that one.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 26 November 2011 - 11:35 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#152 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

wowww that was pretty pathetic. thanks for puttin that up

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users