86 replies to this topic

#61 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Alright which one of you guys just took advantage of me on eBay?

No way in hell this thread gets brought back the same day an '88 banner and '97 banner go up on eBay

I bit the bullet hard and sure I probably overpaid a bit but these don't come around every day.. At least now the collection is complete, look for these again on eBay in 60 years when my kids are selling off my stuff lol

Lol I had nothing to do with it and you really found the 97 banner too?

#62 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

Alright which one of you guys just took advantage of me on eBay?
No way in hell this thread gets brought back the same day an '88 banner and '97 banner go up on eBay
I bit the bullet hard and sure I probably overpaid a bit but these don't come around every day.. At least now the collection is complete, look for these again on eBay in 60 years when my kids are selling off my stuff lol

Lol I had nothing to do with it and you really found the 97 banner too?

Lol some dude in Toms River put them up in addition to a bunch of '95 banners and the 2000 2003 banners.. I went with Buy It Now for $100 a piece but they are so rare nowadays that I decided it was worth it.. I've made a killing reselling tix to Devils v Rangers games this season so that covered it

Here are the pics.. The '88 looks a little beat but I mean any '88 you find is going to be 25 years old so can't expect much.. Should be alright after I leave a couple textbooks and some weights on it

ve3u4ame.jpg

enaba4a2.jpg

Edited by Colin226, 26 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#63 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Nice!

Yeah I'll admit I paid less for mine but I was lucky as these things cost a pretty penny. My 88 banner is pretty beat and I think you got a nicer one than mine lol

#64 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Nice!
Yeah I'll admit I paid less for mine but I was lucky as these things cost a pretty penny. My 88 banner is pretty beat and I think you got a nicer one than mine lol

Lol it happens I mean my outlook was that every one that gets sold is probably going into a collection and if I missed out last second in a bidding war I'd probably never forgive myself lol.. I'll post back when they come in

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#65 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Lol it happens I mean my outlook was that every one that gets sold is probably going into a collection and if I missed out last second in a bidding war I'd probably never forgive myself lol.. I'll post back when they come in

That's awesome!! I just bought the 95, 00, and 03 from that same guy. Too bad you saw those other ones first!

#66 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

That's awesome!! I just bought the 95, 00, and 03 from that same guy. Too bad you saw those other ones first!

I've been checking eBay religiously for a while lol (ever since Devsman got that '97 banner I had my eye on lol).. Congrats on your purchases though! That guy must be so pissed that he put up all of these banners and they sold within 24 hours.. I'll be honest, the banners I got were probably up for 5 mins before I saw them and rushed to buy.. I didn't even look at photos until after buying (which, for all you kids at home, was stupid)

Edited by Colin226, 26 February 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#67 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I've been checking eBay religiously for a while lol (ever since Devsman got that '97 banner I had my eye on lol).. Congrats on your purchases though! That guy must be so pissed that he put up all of these banners and they sold within 24 hours.. I'll be honest, the banners I got were probably up for 5 mins before I saw them and rushed to buy.. I didn't even look at photos until after buying (which, for all you kids at home, was stupid)

BTW was the seller aikman8star?  He is quite notorious for buying somewhat hard to find Devils stuff from other collectors and demanding really cheap prices and then throws them up on ebay for ridiculously high prices.  I rarely believe any of his stories he writes in his descriptions.

Edit: Yup I see from your pic it was him.  Thatg guy right before and after Niedermayer night started putting banners up at such ridiculous prices.  What made it worse is that I saw him put up the 95 banner and in each description he said it was "his absolutely last one" and yet he sold no less than 3 of them in about a month span and each one was "his last one."

Edited by DevsMan84, 27 February 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#68 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

BTW was the seller aikman8star? He is quite notorious for buying somewhat hard to find Devils stuff from other collectors and demanding really cheap prices and then throws them up on ebay for ridiculously high prices. I rarely believe any of his stories he writes in his descriptions.

Edit: Yup I see from your pic it was him. Thatg guy right before and after Niedermayer night started putting banners up at such ridiculous prices. What made it worse is that I saw him put up the 95 banner and in each description he said it was "his absolutely last one" and yet he sold no less than 3 of them in about a month span and each one was "his last one."

Yup he said that was his last.. I guess we will see though.. Sounds like a great fan :P

Edited by Colin226, 27 February 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#69 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yup he said that was his last.. I guess we will see though.. Sounds like a great fan :P

Since those are pretty rare he might be right in that respect.  But that guy sure has a talent to trump his other stuff up like there is no other like it on Earth when they are in fact way overpriced and not that hard to find.

#70 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Since those are pretty rare he might be right in that respect.  But that guy sure has a talent to trump his other stuff up like there is no other like it on Earth when they are in fact way overpriced and not that hard to find.

I hear you but I will say he gave me a fair price for all 3 banners. He had them all up separately and I asked for the price for all 3 and he gave them to me for less than his buy it now prices and based on the ones that sold I got it for the same range. I got them today and they're already hanging in my Devils room!

#71 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I was just wondering what the 95 go's for...I had 4 seats back then so I have 4 banners put away.None of my stuff from back then has been touched.I have boxes and boxes of stuff but have no Idea what it worth.Nothing will ever be worth more then being there live and in person to see them whip the Red Wings a$$es and win the cup....Priceless.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#72 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I was just wondering what the 95 go's for...I had 4 seats back then so I have 4 banners put away.None of my stuff from back then has been touched.I have boxes and boxes of stuff but have no Idea what it worth.Nothing will ever be worth more then being there live and in person to see them whip the Red Wings a$$es and win the cup....Priceless.

One just sold on march 1 for $100 plus shipping.

#73 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Usually $75-125

#74 rf1583

rf1583

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

If you find the 87-88 and 96-97 banners I'll gladly buy them!

#75 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Got my banners.. Great condition and I'm pumped to have finished the collection (although I'm still looking for a better 2000 banner, but those pop up weekly on eBay)

Anyone know a good way to store these for a while? I'm at least a decade from my Devils man cave and don't want them to get damaged

#76 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

My buddy's brother won the 96-97 division banner yesterday at the arena as it was one of the auction items.  He won it for $18.  That bastard.

#77 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

My buddy's brother won the 96-97 division banner yesterday at the arena as it was one of the auction items. He won it for $18. That bastard.

Haha oh well.. Mine came in perfect condition with the original string on it so I can't complain.. I gotta spend more time perusing these auction tables though lol

#78 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Where do they have the auction tables?  do they normally have a few auctions for vintage Devils items each game?

My buddy's brother won the 96-97 division banner yesterday at the arena as it was one of the auction items.  He won it for $18.  That bastard.

#79 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,485 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Where do they have the auction tables?  do they normally have a few auctions for vintage Devils items each game?

They have them each game.  One table is in front of the Fire Lounge.  The other is on the upper level right near the main escalators.

The Fire lounge table usually has the "higher end" items like autographed pictures, pucks and game-used sticks.  The table on the upper concourse has the lower-end items like the banners and bobbleheads and just random stuff.  Both tables have a mix of new and vintage items.  They can sometimes be a great deal or a huge overpayment, depending on what it is and what the bidding is at.

#80 GIANTS79

GIANTS79

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

thanks for the info.  I don't go to a lot of games and never knew that.  I'll have to check out the upper one (I'm not into autographs or anything like that)

thanks again

They have them each game.  One table is in front of the Fire Lounge.  The other is on the upper level right near the main escalators.

The Fire lounge table usually has the "higher end" items like autographed pictures, pucks and game-used sticks.  The table on the upper concourse has the lower-end items like the banners and bobbleheads and just random stuff.  Both tables have a mix of new and vintage items.  They can sometimes be a great deal or a huge overpayment, depending on what it is and what the bidding is at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users