86 replies to this topic

#1 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Anyone else collecting all the mini banners the Devils have given away at games over the years?
Banners I have are 1995, 2000 and 2003 Stanley Cup
Both Stevens and Daneyko retirement banners.

I was missing a few and had to go to ebay to get them.
I was very suprised how hard they were to find and how expensive they were on ebay.
I wasn't at the Daneyko game so bought that on ebay.
Wanted to make sure I have them all for when Niedermayer night (I hope Devils are giving away a banner).

Nothing major, I was just curious if anyone else had a hard time finding these things and what the current prices were.

Edited by trailblazer, 25 November 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

I had them all except the 03 banner and Stevens banner. Recently got the Stevens banner for under 20 but still looking for 03 banner for a decent price. The 95 banner sells for a ton now ( seen them on eBay for over 100) and glad I was at the game that gave them away lol.

Edited by DevsMan84, 25 November 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#3 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

If you mean the clown selling them on eBay? Don't even pay attention to those prices. He's on some real serious sh!t.

I have all of these lined up on my home office's wall. The problem with the 1995 banner is it's smaller then the other two. So i took an extra 2003 and printed up a 1994-95 label and put it over the 2002-03 so all three are uniform in appearance.

I also have the 1996-97 Atlantic Champions banner that is ultra hard to find. I've never seen another for sale.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#4 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, i have all 3 SC banners and the '95 is much smaller.
Great idea grabbing an extra larger banner and making it a '95.
eBay prices very high.

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Was the Atlantic champs banner a give away? I do not remember it being one.

The guy on eBay may be a clown, but he is getting bids so there are people who are willing to pay those prices.

I also do not like the larger size of the 00 and 03 banner because when you hang it, there is a sag in the middle at the top due to lack of support. I had to take a chopstick and fit it in where the string goes to give it the support.

I really am counting on them to give away a niedermayer banner next month. Anything less I will be pissed. Id rather have a banner than some dumb bobblehead.

#6 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Was the Atlantic champs banner a give away? I do not remember it being one.

The guy on eBay may be a clown, but he is getting bids so there are people who are willing to pay those prices.

I also do not like the larger size of the 00 and 03 banner because when you hang it, there is a sag in the middle at the top due to lack of support. I had to take a chopstick and fit it in where the string goes to give it the support.

I really am counting on them to give away a niedermayer banner next month. Anything less I will be pissed. Id rather have a banner than some dumb bobblehead.

This guy? My link

I don't see any bids on them. I know there was another seller, real nysports or something that was even nuttier. He's a SGA dealer and he always hits the bong with his pricing.

The Aikman guy i've dealt with before. He's out there, too. He tried to lowball me on offers a few times on my items only to never hear back from him when i counter offer. Great experience with this guy when i was a dealer and i had cases of the 2003 SCC bobbles :rolleyes:

The Atlantic banner was an SGA that's the only place i could have gotten it as i don't remember it being on ebay. Maybe i'm wrong, but i've never seen another one.

#7 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

I've got 'em all- I went out of my way to take special care of those baners and make sure they never got lost, even when I moved. I even have the 1987-88 Patrick Division banner from 88-89 opening night (my parents had partials back then).
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#8 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Would cost about $400 to buy all 3 SC banners and Stevens/Daneyko if used "buy it now" option

#9 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

This guy? My link

I don't see any bids on them. I know there was another seller, real nysports or something that was even nuttier. He's a SGA dealer and he always hits the bong with his pricing.

The Aikman guy i've dealt with before. He's out there, too. He tried to lowball me on offers a few times on my items only to never hear back from him when i counter offer. Great experience with this guy when i was a dealer and i had cases of the 2003 SCC bobbles :rolleyes:

The Atlantic banner was an SGA that's the only place i could have gotten it as i don't remember it being on ebay. Maybe i'm wrong, but i've never seen another one.

Hmm this may sound stupid but what does sga stand for? I am assuming stadium give away but just wanted to make sure.

For the Atlantic banner it could have been a give away but do not remember it being one. However it might be right since I think it was their first division champ since 88.

Yeah I saw aikmans stuff but there were also some banners by other random sellers that were also being sold in the last couple of months. There was a banner less than a month ago that started pretty low but by the end of it had over a dozen bids and ended in the $50 range.

Is anyone has a 03 banner they want to sell I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount.

Would cost about $400 to buy all 3 SC banners and Stevens/Daneyko if used "buy it now" option

At most prob worth about $200-300. $400 is outrageous.

#10 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Yep, SGA is stadium give away.

You're going to sh!t with this, but the 2003 banners were at the 2009 (or 10?) draft party for $1 apiece and they had dozens and dozens of them. I am glad i took one to make a 1995 banner out of!

#11 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Yep, SGA is stadium give away.

You're going to sh!t with this, but the 2003 banners were at the 2009 (or 10?) draft party for $1 apiece and they had dozens and dozens of them. I am glad i took one to make a 1995 banner out of!

Lol thanks I just sh!t a brick now.

I hate how that is all I am missing. I feel like a guy who is missing an arm or something lol.

#12 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I only have the Daneyko banner, really wish I had the others. Hoping to get one one the 16th...

#13 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

I only have the Daneyko banner, really wish I had the others. Hoping to get one one the 16th...

I hope they have a banner too. If it is something like a bobblehead I will climb over to Lou's suite and break it over his balding, liver-spotted head.

#14 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

It's official, they're doing the mini banner. It's up as the splash page on devils.nhl.com.

All fans get a mini banner and limited edition commemorative print.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#15 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

yeah I saw that too.
Can't wait to add Nieds to my collection.

#16 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

It's official, they're doing the mini banner. It's up as the splash page on devils.nhl.com.

All fans get a mini banner and limited edition commemorative print.

Good.

#17 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Nice. So after this game, I'll have all the retired jersey mini-banners and the 2000 Cup mini-banner. Got the Cup one signed by a bunch of players at a Devils Fan Club dinner.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Nice. So after this game, I'll have all the retired jersey mini-banners and the 2000 Cup mini-banner. Got the Cup one signed by a bunch of players at a Devils Fan Club dinner.

Do they still do that dinner?

Also aftet that Night I will only be missing the 2003 Champs giveaway banner and I dont want to shell out $50 for that on ebay lol.

#19 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

That DFC dinner was years ago. Must've been during the 2001 season since I definitely got Mogilny to sign it.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#20 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

That DFC dinner was years ago. Must've been during the 2001 season since I definitely got Mogilny to sign it.

Ah ok makes sense because I haven't heard about the dinner in years. Wasn't sure if they are still having them these days. I want to say the Rags still do this with their fans but not sure about that either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users