I'm here for the party

#142 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

"They made their own call". That's what Zach just said. Good for him. I wish he went off though. You could tell he was holding back.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#143 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

I disagree. What happens if a player falls down and on his way to break his fall, he swipes the puck in with his glove, should that count? I don't think the rule cares about intent or not.

If a player is mid-fall, and it hits his glove and deflects in? That..should count, no? Perhaps we're imagining this differently.

I don't care what the puck goes in off of, if it inadvertantly hits some body part (and the player didn't seem aware of the location of the puck) I feel like it should count. :noclue:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#144 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

The skate propelled the puck into the net because Parise lifted his foot to change position and when he put it back down, he struck the puck with his skate and it went in.

That's gonna be no goal like 95% of the time. As soon as they showed that angle, I knew it was coming back.

Edited by mikeford, 26 November 2011 - 03:54 PM.

#145 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

I wanna see the coach press conference..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#146 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

Wow. I'm at of loss for once guys. I hate Kovalchuck and the refs. Kovalchuck is the worst thing that has ever happend to the New Jersey Devils. Remember this post 10 years from now when we've won nothing.

#147 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Elias put it best. he did say he didnt see what toronto saw and that they dont agree with the decision. BUTTT that we should not have even been in that position. we should have sh!t on that pansy team from long island

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#148 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

i literally have to play relaxing music right now because i am on fire

+1

I'm so angry I can't do anything but apathetically sit in my sofa.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#149 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Well I've gotta go do something else, being this angry over a sports game cannot be healthy.

Later all.

believe-ll.jpg

#150 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Today is one of those times you just let loose and hand the league two blank checks. One for today and the other for the eventual next time. Make sure both checks are drawn from the account of Ilya Kovalchoke.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#151 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Parise is pissed and he has to play pissed for the next couple of games. play angry and play with some fight. and you know what, get kovy fired up too, zach, because this lazy gameplay has to stop here. we have way too much talent, turn this around.

#152 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

I disagree. What happens if a player falls down and on his way to break his fall, he swipes the puck in with his glove, should that count? I don't think the rule cares about intent or not.

If the player falls on the puck and it hits their glove and goes in, then yeah I say that's a goal. Distinct motion implies that there was intent. Why would you be around the net "distinctly kicking" at nothing? Yeah, the puck was around his skate and his skate turned. His stick was also there and he was also falling backwards. My opinion is that at very best, the play was extremely borderline, in which case video judges should defer to the on-ice ruling. Naturally, they didn't. Now, they're backing up their decision by saying that the puck was "propelled in by the skate"? Since when is that in the rule book? Scoring off the skate is perfectly allowed, and this explanation is not good enough for me. The NHL needs to show that they understand their own rule book, because after this and the Briere stop from earlier this season, I'm beginning to doubt that they do.

#153 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Well I've gotta go do something else, being this angry over a sports game cannot be healthy.

Later all.

im right there with ya.. i gotta leave this thread because i have to stop thinkin about it...

decker, out.

#154 PhuckinKillAvery

PhuckinKillAvery

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

I seriously can not believe how incredibly pathetic Kovalchucks passing skills are. I bet nobody is ignoring my NEGATIVE posts on his erratic play now. He just cost us a game in my opinion we NEEDED to have. The entire league is way to close this year. EVERY point matters. The fact we didn't go 6 points for 6 points against these pathetic teams is inexcusable. The Devils scored a total of 5 goals vs. the 3 worst teams in 3 games. Congrats, our team is awesome. And enough about Kovalchuck not fitting in on RW. He should be able to play fvcking goalie for the amount he gets paid. He just doesn't fit in with the New Jersey Devils all together; RW has nothing to do with it.

#155 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=4366

Read the comments ... all the fans around the league agree that was a good goal and not a "distinct" kicking motion. One even points it out how the league decided not to quote the distinct part of the rule. They even point out a previous example that was allowed to stand and would be considered more of a motion than this.

#156 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Kovalchuk's passing skills? How about the entire team tonight, passing behind each other or to the skates. Thought Kovy had a good game besides that turn over, which was also a nice play by Grabner. Sick of our fans using him as the scapegoat for every game. And that was a real crap pass to Larsson on our first goal, right?

Edited by third man in, 26 November 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#157 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

I seriously can not believe how incredibly pathetic Kovalchucks passing skills are. I bet nobody is ignoring my NEGATIVE posts on his erratic play now. He just cost us a game in my opinion we NEEDED to have. The entire league is way to close this year. EVERY point matters. The fact we didn't go 6 points for 6 points against these pathetic teams is inexcusable. The Devils scored a total of 5 goals vs. the 3 worst teams in 3 games. Congrats, our team is awesome. And enough about Kovalchuck not fitting in on RW. He should be able to play fvcking goalie for the amount he gets paid. He just doesn't fit in with the New Jersey Devils all together; RW has nothing to do with it.

Explain January 1st through the end of the season last year then, when he put up 21 goals in 45 games.

Lemaire came back, we played 7 out of 8 games like terrible sh!t and then barely lost for the rest of the year. All the while Kovalchuk was sh!tting on people. Bad fit with the organization my ass, the organization is just using him wrong.

#158 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

Refs beat the Devils.

Oh but this is just sour grapes and I'm a big homer

The refs, Toronto and Kovy. He deserved every last boo.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 November 2011 - 04:25 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#159 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

Kovalchuk's passing skills? How about the entire team tonight, passing behind each other or to the skates. Thought Kovy had a good game besides that turn over, which was also a nice play by Grabner. Sick of our fans using him as the scapegoat for every game. And that was a real crap pass to Larsson on our first goal, right?

Yeah, he set up both goals, I thought he played an otherwise impressive game on the RW, aside from that turnover.

Quite an unfortunate turnout, but I guess the score could have easily been 4 or 5-2 if it wasn't for Marty. He had a save tonight that looked like the best of the year so far.

#160 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

It was a total of 4 goals in 3 games. They were awarded a phantom goal for winning the SO against Columbus. Eliminating such phantom goals, they've scored 52 goals in their 22 GP on the season. Yes, this is bad, but what else in new? And that's including better-than-expected performances from the likes of Zubrus, Sykora, Clarkson, and even Elias, really.

As for the call against Parise...what else is new? When do those calls EVER go the Devils' way?

For whoever was expecting the Devils to come away with six points easily from those two teams, I'm not sure what team you've been watching. The Devils aren't that much better than those teams, as was shown these past three games.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 26 November 2011 - 04:32 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users