286 replies to this topic

#41 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Eh. Not overly excited about them but I guess thats the "classic" of the winter classic. I just hope its a good game and theres some snow.

I also hope that next year they branch out of the original six.

Only one of the games had 2 original six teams.

But I would like them to branch out of the NBC Faves. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, NYR, Philly, Washington, Boston. I don't know how Buffalo managed to be in one of those games.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#42 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

But I would like them to branch out of the NBC Faves. Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago, NYR, Philly, Washington, Boston. I don't know how Buffalo managed to be in one of those games.

Because they agreed to be the guinea pigs and host the first one?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#43 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

But I would like them to branch out of the NBC Faves.

Well, that's the real trick, because NBC has a very big say in it. It's all about TV: CBC saw the Classic brought a lot of attention and money, so they wanted their own WC and they got the Heritage Classic back last year. If the teams involved don't draw too well on NBC, the station will make its best to change the pairing.

When it comes to the Devils, well, at least we're not some California team playing in a hot region, so the weather is here, the stadiums are laso here, so is a big metro area... The thing we're missing is the fans' and media attention, but who knows, we might end up in one of those someday, after all.

you will truly be missing out if your lone reason for not watching is because of the teams involved.

Knowing me, sooner or later I'll give in and try to watch an episode, but I'm genuinely afraid about my TV's condition and I don't think the guarantee covers remote control-made holes. :P

#44 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

The fact of the matter is that NBC needs high ratings for this game so they will always pick the bigger market teams who draw higher ratings.. That is why the Devils are 20+ years at least from a Winter Classic if ever at all.. It sucks but then again it's good for the sport overall
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

anyway, this is tonight. Does anyone know of a feed that streams HBO in real time? Downloading after is an option but real time would be easier

gallery_47_36_882.png of The Championship Plaza brick my ex-girlfriend got me

#46 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

anyway, this is tonight. Does anyone know of a feed that streams HBO in real time? Downloading after is an option but real time would be easier

I know the FiOS app for XBox 360 came out yesterday and it streams HBO.. Otherwise try p2p4u.net.. Might work, might not.. Also check the Flyers boards on HF as they might have someone streaming it

I'm so pumped for this.. 24/7 is just amazing.. You will never see better insight into the life of an NHL team from management to the players
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:44 PM

Glad this got bumped, almost forgot about it though seeing some of the players and Laviolette will annoy me, yet I like Tort - go figure.

And that NHL36 series on VS also begins tonight, with Kane.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 December 2011 - 05:45 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

My cable Info button sux. I see that HBO is showing this program at 10 pm and 11 pm. Is it two different episodes, or just the same episode twice?

#49 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

My cable Info button sux. I see that HBO is showing this program at 10 pm and 11 pm. Is it two different episodes, or just the same episode twice?

I believe its just a repeat.

#50 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

I know the FiOS app for XBox 360 came out yesterday and it streams HBO.. Otherwise try p2p4u.net.. Might work, might not.. Also check the Flyers boards on HF as they might have someone streaming it

I'm so pumped for this.. 24/7 is just amazing.. You will never see better insight into the life of an NHL team from management to the players

i would imagine you would need to have HBO on your fios account.

#51 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Call your cable provider and ask for a month free trial off hbo on demand. Bam free show
Devils.

#52 Bringbackbrylin

Bringbackbrylin

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Call your cable provider and ask for a month free trial off hbo on demand. Bam free show

does this actually work FIOS ha?

#53 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

I wonder if the devils had the opportunity to do this if Lou would say no. I can actually see him saying no.

#54 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

I believe its just a repeat.

OK, thanks

#55 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

So far pretty awesome as expected.

Bryz is a character.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#56 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Great stuff. As much as I hate the sh!t out of both of these franchises, getting to see how the day to day grind of the NHL works from the inside is fantastic. The Anisimov gun gesture and ensuing scrum leading to Dubinsky cursing at the linesman was pretty funny.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#57 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

I wonder if the devils had the opportunity to do this if Lou would say no. I can actually see him saying no.

I would do anything for a 24/7 on the Devils!!

Great episode its amazing to see life on the inside..
Posted Image

#58 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Loved Bryzgalov's views on the universe. Hilarious. And just the fact that Avrey was modeling. Gotta love that.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Loved Bryzgalov's views on the universe. Hilarious. And just the fact that Avrey was modeling. Gotta love that.

'If you kill the tiger and they find you, you're dead, that's it'.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#60 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

bryz stole the show.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users