24/7 Rangers Flyers

Revan

Anyone else notice that apparently the away team locker room at Prudential Center is the Seton Hall basketball locker room? Thought that was pretty cool.. And hey, HBO could have shown the thousands of Rangers fans who invaded us celebrating, but I thought it was classy that they kept it to low camera shots and nothing of the crowd

Anyone else notice that apparently the away team locker room at Prudential Center is the Seton Hall basketball locker room? Thought that was pretty cool.. And hey, HBO could have shown the thousands of Rangers fans who invaded us celebrating, but I thought it was classy that they kept it to low camera shots and nothing of the crowd

Agreed, HBO didn't go out of their way to embarass us.

Good to hear we didn't get all that humiliated on HBO. Still boycotting the rest of the show and the WC itself, though. I watched the first episode out of curiousity and sort of to get pumped before the Rangers - Devils game, but after that loss I can't stand looking at anything Rangers-related for more than ~10 seconds. The series itself and the Winter Classic is great, I just wish it would include at least one team I don't hate. :rolleyes:

Good to hear we didn't get all that humiliated on HBO. Still boycotting the rest of the show and the WC itself, though. I watched the first episode out of curiousity and sort of to get pumped before the Rangers - Devils game, but after that loss I can't stand looking at anything Rangers-related for more than ~10 seconds. The series itself and the Winter Classic is great, I just wish it would include at least one team I don't hate. :rolleyes:

Really? You really can't watch it? The Rangers aren't a bunch of dicks, it's a hockey team. I hate their logo, but I don't hate the guys on their team, save Avery.

Yeah, missing this show just because you hate the teams is a shame. This has been real interesting and entertaining. The Rangers ugly sweater party was absolutely hilarious, with Boyle dressed as Will Ferrell's Elf and screaming "SANTA!" at Dubinsky-claus.

I also thought the whole Gaborik getting a Christmas tree was cool. Guy makes $8 million a year and he's carrying a tree through the streets of NY instead of having it delivered.

I thought Jagr had some funny lines too, like when someone tells Giroux it's gonna be tough to put up 4 points in the Garden, and Jagr without missing a beat goes "I did it."

I really would love to see a Devils one. It's a shame that we don't draw the ratings needed and that Lou would never allow it if we did.

Really? You really can't watch it? The Rangers aren't a bunch of dicks, it's a hockey team. I hate their logo, but I don't hate the guys on their team, save Avery.

Im with Revan here. I hate their team, their logo, their players, you name it. Its sort of oxymoronic to be a ranger and have a 'human-side'. I cant watch it. That said, i still do just because its interesting :doh1:

Edited by devlman

Lol I know, but rationale flies out the window for me when it comes to the Rags.

:lol: I hear you. If they spotlighted Avery I probably would avoid it totally, haha. I try to just ignore what team it is.

BTW, NHL Network does a show called NHL36 where they follow a player for 36 hours. Does anyone think maybe, just maybe... we can see a Devil on it? I figure if Lou's gone next year, one of our guys has got to make it.

Lou would reluctantly allow the Devils to be on 24/7.. Jeff or any other owner would absolutely force a GM/coach to allow it.. Torts said last year that he would never allow it and look how that one turned out.. It's too good for any team to turn down

Torts is a coach, Lou's the president, GM and part owner...little difference in terms of clout.

I'm with Revan. I'm not watching it either. Except for the games themselves, i could give a fvck about anything Rangers related and anything promoting them. I guess with that thinking, Revan should watch "behind the bench" (with Torts), Ranger #(X), and "beginnings" on MSG, too?

I'm with Revan. I'm not watching it either. Except for the games themselves, i could give a fvck about anything Rangers related and anything promoting them. I guess with that thinking, Revan should watch "behind the bench" (with Torts), Ranger #(X), and "beginnings" on MSG, too?

Have to say Ken I'm disappointed to read this.

Beginnings and Behind the Bench are Ranger themed shows and it's catered just to Ranger fans so I get it...

But 24/7 is awesome for the league as a whole... I don't care what teams are on it I'm always going to watch it. To deprive yourself from a great experience because of who is involved is a little childish in my opinion. Again, us Devil fans have to stop worrying about the freaking Rangers so much and support our team and our sport more.

Relax, with the teams involved this year at least we have a guarantee we won't have to watch any of them next season. :lol: I can survive skipping the show one year. :)

The formula itself is awesome and it's great for the league. But this time, it means watching players from teams I can't stand and watching them for several hours.

Andrew, it's personal preference. I prefer not to watch it because i have no interest in the Rangers. I know alot more people who feel the same, including those who won't watch the game to contribute to the ratings (now, that's childish, like it'll really make a big dent in the overall ratings).

I'm not sure how someone's personal preference to not watch something/anything because it does not interest them is childish? :noclue: I don't watch other TV shows for the same reason(s).

Edited by SJP20