286 replies to this topic

#81 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

We play the Rags on Tuesday....you know what that means! Yup the Devils will roughly get 3 minutes of airtime on 24/7. I'm thinking of making a GDT and maynebgetting together a viewing party.......

#82 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

is this show a jinx on teams yet? hopefully now they go into big skids and drag each other into the gutter, if both these teams go down now thats entertainment

bryz is a fan fave he seemed like he just cashed his paycheck, look at kovy after he signed imagine if a camera followed him around oh wait...

Edited by lazer, 15 December 2011 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

#83 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

I was convinced it was 'Every Little Star' used in the movie Mulholland Drive (that's where the repeating sample is from, anyway).

I expect this series will yield at least 4 more Tortorella gems.

this song is absolutely in my head today - downloaded on itunes and have listened to it about 10 times in the background. as an FYI, i also downloaded fitz and the tantrums who's song "money grabber" was what highlighted the flyers early. they've picked some good music for this special so far.

if you miss any of this, don't worry. I am sure the Rangers will make this a box set and stick it next to the one from 1994.

What will cap this off for Torts will be a finale vs Larry Brooks. Make it happen!

i will consider this an utter failure of a series if there is no brooks-torts confrontation. Rangers need to get blown out (hopefully in NJ on Tuesday) to see it happen.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#84 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:52 PM

this song is absolutely in my head today - downloaded on itunes and have listened to it about 10 times in the background. as an FYI, i also downloaded fitz and the tantrums who's song "money grabber" was what highlighted the flyers early. they've picked some good music for this special so far.

While Mac Miller's song is pretty catchy, I cringed when I heard and saw an NHL team using some annoying 19-year-old's song as their victory song.

As for good music being played, add The Black Keys - Lonely Boy.

Edited by devilsrule33, 15 December 2011 - 02:16 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#85 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Edit: A good-old fashioned double post.

Edited by devilsrule33, 15 December 2011 - 02:09 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#86 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

As for good music being played, add Black Keys - Lonely Boy.

good call on that one too.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#87 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

While Mac Miller's song is pretty catchy, I cringed when I heard and saw an NHL team using some annoying 19-year-old's song as their victory song.

It's funny you say that, because the Flyers fans I watched the show with last night got really excited about them using "Knock Knock." Partially because it's a biggish party song here, but still.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#88 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

It's funny you say that, because the Flyers fans I watched the show with last night got really excited about them using "Knock Knock." Partially because it's a biggish party song here, but still.

It's also funny cause he's a Pittsburgh boy.

#89 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

It's also funny that they're fags
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#90 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

can you imagine Volchenkov dancing to that song lol

on another note... i know we'll never see it but it would be hilarious to see the Devils in those show... Tedenby would be damn hilarious to watch in the locker room im sure lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#91 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

+1

#92 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

i want the blues to beat the rags in every way

whir dewd

not even tight, the blues are the new devs

oh yeah ok meanwhile in the sh!ty of broverly wuv
Posted Image

#93 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

Bryz is damn funny.

Im watching this just to see his comments. fvcking crack me up. :rofl:

Edited by Quinn01, 22 December 2011 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#94 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

:lol:
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#95 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

We play the Rags on Tuesday....you know what that means! Yup the Devils will roughly get 3 minutes of airtime on 24/7. I'm thinking of making a GDT and maynebgetting together a viewing party.......

I hope we only get three minutes next week :P But you know they'll at least bring up the home-ice advantage for the Rangers here.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#96 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

Loved how the Flyers said "Hey Universe!" to Bryz after they'd aired the first episode. Epic trolling.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#97 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

If anyone's intrigued by the music of this episode, they used more Fitz & The Tantrums (We Don't Gotta Work It Out) at one point, and M83's AWESOME "Midnight City" closed the show.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#98 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

#99 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Anyone watch Episode 3 yet?

#100 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

Anyone watch Episode 3 yet?

Another solid episode. Some good quotes. Got to say, everything about this Rangers team is quite enjoyable minus the annoying Brandon Prust.
The Giroux-Ott exchange was jokes and the Sestito trash talking followed by the Richards "fantasy camp" response was excellent.

The Flyers team minus Bryzgalov have been pretty boring to me. Although, Laviolette had some great speeches. Torts is great too. Big difference from the incoherent yet entertaining babble we heard from Boudreau last year.

Bryzgalov's family was cute as hell too. Seeing guys with the family remind us that even though we want them to be as angry as we are after tough losses, they have to go home to their kids and families and that stuff puts everything into perspective. Can't let the job affect the family life.

Edited by devilsrule33, 29 December 2011 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users