286 replies to this topic

#101 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Loved Ruppers quotes on Janssen and how he just got back from IR.

Also the Rags xmas sweater party and one of them made a joke about the shades and looking like Avrey.

Edited by Quinn01, 29 December 2011 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#102 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Made me miss Rupp.

#103 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

http://puckcentral.b...rs-episode.html

did rupp get the shiner from cam...fvckin right
Posted Image

#104 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Anyone else notice that apparently the away team locker room at Prudential Center is the Seton Hall basketball locker room? Thought that was pretty cool.. And hey, HBO could have shown the thousands of Rangers fans who invaded us celebrating, but I thought it was classy that they kept it to low camera shots and nothing of the crowd
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#105 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Colin yea the Devils do have the SHU locker room as the visiting room to try and make it as cramped as possible for the opposing team.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#106 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

Anyone else notice that apparently the away team locker room at Prudential Center is the Seton Hall basketball locker room? Thought that was pretty cool.. And hey, HBO could have shown the thousands of Rangers fans who invaded us celebrating, but I thought it was classy that they kept it to low camera shots and nothing of the crowd

Agreed, HBO didn't go out of their way to embarass us.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#107 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Agreed, HBO didn't go out of their way to embarass us.

#108 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:30 AM

I so wish we won that game. As we go up 1-0... Torts: "ARE YOU FvCKING KIDDING ME?!?!" can you imagine the rest of that game if we pulled it out, his reactions? haha

#109 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:43 AM

Good to hear we didn't get all that humiliated on HBO. Still boycotting the rest of the show and the WC itself, though. I watched the first episode out of curiousity and sort of to get pumped before the Rangers - Devils game, but after that loss I can't stand looking at anything Rangers-related for more than ~10 seconds. The series itself and the Winter Classic is great, I just wish it would include at least one team I don't hate. :rolleyes:

#110 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Good to hear we didn't get all that humiliated on HBO. Still boycotting the rest of the show and the WC itself, though. I watched the first episode out of curiousity and sort of to get pumped before the Rangers - Devils game, but after that loss I can't stand looking at anything Rangers-related for more than ~10 seconds. The series itself and the Winter Classic is great, I just wish it would include at least one team I don't hate. :rolleyes:

Really? You really can't watch it? The Rangers aren't a bunch of dicks, it's a hockey team. I hate their logo, but I don't hate the guys on their team, save Avery.

#111 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Anyone boycotting this show because they're a Devils fan or whatever is really missing out. I dont think this year is as good as last year but its still interesting to see the behind the scenes and the lives of these guys.

#112 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Well at least they haven't spotlighted the jack***** for the most part, other than Laviolette who they can't exactly avoid showing. And Rupp's (ick) gotten a surprising amount of facetime so far.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 December 2011 - 10:50 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#113 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, missing this show just because you hate the teams is a shame. This has been real interesting and entertaining. The Rangers ugly sweater party was absolutely hilarious, with Boyle dressed as Will Ferrell's Elf and screaming "SANTA!" at Dubinsky-claus.

I also thought the whole Gaborik getting a Christmas tree was cool. Guy makes $8 million a year and he's carrying a tree through the streets of NY instead of having it delivered.

I thought Jagr had some funny lines too, like when someone tells Giroux it's gonna be tough to put up 4 points in the Garden, and Jagr without missing a beat goes "I did it."

I really would love to see a Devils one. It's a shame that we don't draw the ratings needed and that Lou would never allow it if we did.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#114 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Really? You really can't watch it? The Rangers aren't a bunch of dicks, it's a hockey team. I hate their logo, but I don't hate the guys on their team, save Avery.

Im with Revan here. I hate their team, their logo, their players, you name it. Its sort of oxymoronic to be a ranger and have a 'human-side'. I cant watch it. That said, i still do just because its interesting :doh1:

Edited by devlman, 30 December 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#115 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

Im with Revan here. I hate their team, their logo, their players, you name it. Its sort of oxymoronic to be a ranger and have a 'human-side'. I cant watch it.

Hahaha what?? They are just hockey players who wear blue instead of red. In the end, it's just a game.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#116 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

Hahaha what?? They are just hockey players who wear blue instead of red. In the end, it's just a game.

Lol I know, but rationale flies out the window for me when it comes to the Rags.

#117 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

Lol I know, but rationale flies out the window for me when it comes to the Rags.

:lol: I hear you. If they spotlighted Avery I probably would avoid it totally, haha. I try to just ignore what team it is.

BTW, NHL Network does a show called NHL36 where they follow a player for 36 hours. Does anyone think maybe, just maybe... we can see a Devil on it? I figure if Lou's gone next year, one of our guys has got to make it.

#118 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Lou would reluctantly allow the Devils to be on 24/7.. Jeff or any other owner would absolutely force a GM/coach to allow it.. Torts said last year that he would never allow it and look how that one turned out.. It's too good for any team to turn down
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Lou would reluctantly allow the Devils to be on 24/7.. Jeff or any other owner would absolutely force a GM/coach to allow it.. Torts said last year that he would never allow it and look how that one turned out.. It's too good for any team to turn down

Torts is a coach, Lou's the president, GM and part owner...little difference in terms of clout.

#120 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

I'm with Revan. I'm not watching it either. Except for the games themselves, i could give a fvck about anything Rangers related and anything promoting them. I guess with that thinking, Revan should watch "behind the bench" (with Torts), Ranger #(X), and "beginnings" on MSG, too?
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users