61 replies to this topic

#41 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Okay good haha. He and JVR were talking about Jersey and he said something like "North NJ doesn't represent NJ" or it sucks or something to that affect. They were both playfully jabbing at eachother... and some people got REALLY upset and started a twitter campaign against him haha.

North NJ doesnt represent NJ? hahaha what else would it represent? Of course, hes from Cherry Hill...

I see the Preds dealing for Ryan

#42 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Okay good haha. He and JVR were talking about Jersey and he said something like "North NJ doesn't represent NJ" or it sucks or something to that affect. They were both playfully jabbing at eachother... and some people got REALLY upset and started a twitter campaign against him haha.

Sounds like he meant that North NJ doesn't represent ALL of NJ and that's true. I think sometimes central and south Jersey get passed over too.

Something just irks me about Ryan, he doesn't hit me as a very loyal player.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#43 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

BTW if the Devils ever landed him down with his Twitter. He talks to fans openly about speculation.

the ducks are shopping Ryan because they need improvement and anyone we gave them that would improve them would hurt us. parise for ryan? i'd stick with parise. even if we need to trade him we could get a better player(defensemen).

#44 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Jersey is a segmented state that is night and day... which is why Jersey has difficulties creating an exclusive identity and why a 'Jersey' team is a hard sell.

North Jersey is very much NY... you'll get plenty of people to agree to that. Then you'll get those who argue it's not... but to outsiders, they appears as New Yorker's.

Anywhere from Trenton to Camden, etc is very much a Philly area. Again, you'll get those who say no... but to outsiders, they are very much Philly.
South Jersey is very... well... South Jersey. They either are seen as piney's or Philly transplants.

Central Jersey is a mix of all three... and there is always a disgareement of what exactly "Central" Jersey is... As both my parents and myself were born/raised in Toms River I knew this well... before I moved to Philly for college and stayed. Now I'm a weird Devils/Eagles/Mets fan. Although those were my teams before I got here... I blame my 3rd grade teacher's obsession with Randell Cunnigham for the birds :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#45 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

An opinion of mine that is not popular with others is that I feel like New York City is like North Jersey's city. That North NJ and NYC are like one state. So many people that work in NY live in NJ.

#46 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

rumours from Єklund (2.3% accurate) is that Flyers might get him and that Rangers are on him too...

for the love of god be wrong once again Ek...

www.SterioDesign.com

#47 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hell yeah it's not the same. BGH

#48 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

rumours from Єklund (2.3% accurate) is that Flyers might get him and that Rangers are on him too...

for the love of god be wrong once again Ek...

Not their fault that their teams that actually want to improve their competitiveness. That being said, how the Flyers and Rangers caps aren't already busting at the seams is beyond me.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#49 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Jersey is a segmented state that is night and day... which is why Jersey has difficulties creating an exclusive identity and why a 'Jersey' team is a hard sell.

North Jersey is very much NY... you'll get plenty of people to agree to that. Then you'll get those who argue it's not... but to outsiders, they appears as New Yorker's.

Anywhere from Trenton to Camden, etc is very much a Philly area. Again, you'll get those who say no... but to outsiders, they are very much Philly.
South Jersey is very... well... South Jersey. They either are seen as piney's or Philly transplants.

Central Jersey is a mix of all three... and there is always a disgareement of what exactly "Central" Jersey is... As both my parents and myself were born/raised in Toms River I knew this well... before I moved to Philly for college and stayed. Now I'm a weird Devils/Eagles/Mets fan. Although those were my teams before I got here... I blame my 3rd grade teacher's obsession with Randell Cunnigham for the birds :)

I totally agree about the differences between North Jersey and South Jersey being like night and day, generally speaking. I've even sensed a hatred of North Jersey from some/many South Jerseyans.

Actually, I've read that a long long time ago New Jersey was split in half down the middle -- East Jersey and West Jersey -- rather than the current North/South.

An opinion of mine that is not popular with others is that I feel like New York City is like North Jersey's city. That North NJ and NYC are like one state. So many people that work in NY live in NJ.

Or that North Jersey is part of New York. That's what I always hear from people.

#50 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I've always divided NJ in my mind as North Jersey, South Jersey, West Jersey, Jersey Shore, North Central Jersey, and South Central Jersey. B )

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#51 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

http://www.csnphilly...412&feedID=6572

I was tipped off to a potential Ryan trade a week ago, but now a decision to deal the Ducks’ high-scoring left winger, according to a source close to the situation, appears to be imminent. Anaheim GM Bob Murray has contacted a number of NHL general managers to gauge interest and talks were initiated a few weeks ago.

According to the source, a deal “could” be completed by the end of the week and it appears, as of now, the New York Rangers are the frontrunners. Last week, somewhat surprisingly, the Tampa Bay Lightning were actively discussing a Ryan trade. I would fully expect Toronto and Brian Burke, who drafted Ryan during his days in Southern California, to show interest.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Where would the Rangers even get the cap room to bring in Ryan? Aren't they still up against the cap after giving Dubinsky and Callahan raises and signing Richards?!
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Where would the Rangers even get the cap room to bring in Ryan? Aren't they still up against the cap after giving Dubinsky and Callahan raises and signing Richards?!

I'm real curious to know what they'd be sending the other way too.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#54 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

With the way Jersey played tonight Lou should just say "F'it" and throw his hat in the ring.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#55 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

The Rangers don't have a ton of cap room, but they can send down Sean Avery if they want to, or they can demote Wojtek Wolski to accomplish the same thing. If they traded something like Dubinsky + Del Zotto + Zuccarello for Ryan, that could work.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#56 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

Kelly Friesen Twitter

"According to the likes of @JohnBorukCSN @tpanotchCSN the Rangers, Hurricanes and Bolts are the leaders in the Bobby Ryan bidding war."

But after the coaching change, from Bob McKenzie

"My first reaction, and subject to change of course, is the Bobby Ryan trade watch just ground to a halt."

#57 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:48 AM

well yea but the rangers are not getting him without giving anyone up. which yea, brings the interesting idea who are they gonna give up for them? they have to create room somehow..

Ryan... please just stay in the western conference

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#58 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

Bobby Ryan isn't going anywhere. Randy Carlyle will be the one leaving Anaheim if anyone is going.

Couldn't have said it better myself

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#59 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

If the Ducks want to shake-up their team, why trade Ryan? Young, 30-goal scorer, bright future. Wonder what is not being said? When you re-tool your team, I'd think Ryan, Getzlaf & Perry are all untouchable, then build around. Then again, I don't like or watch the West teams much.

#60 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

Zubes-Merrill-1st Rounder I'm serious I'd do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users