#241 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

our big problem is positioning

positioning when we need to get the puck out... the guy with the puck can only give it back and we getting jammed behind our net most of the time... no option for a pass up front in the middle

positioning on our breakouts... the puck carrier is entering the zone and the other forward are seriously just skating behind defenders where theres no passing lane at all

we should try to have our shooter shooting from center instead of the point... too often we fvck up and the middle is wide open for their player for breakaways

i really think Oates should go... Lou has to do any kind of move to show that he's not gonna let the situation rot any longer like last year

we have Zach to prove that we're serious, we have any investors or rich bastard to somehow throw money at us, and we need to make the playoffs so we can't let it slip any longer

www.SterioDesign.com

#242 riskymilk

riskymilk

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

its the god awful first line. Parise and Kovy cant be on the same line. It's generated barely any offense and yet Pete continues with it. Once he changes the line, i guarantee the devils will be better.

#243 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:24 AM

zubrus for zach X2

or what about
teddy clarkson parise
kovulchuk henrique zubrus
carter elias sykora

when zajac comes back clarkson for carter
just wanted to try some lines out

and maybe a bottle of zubrowka cause its gonna be a short season

Edited by lazer, 01 December 2011 - 04:38 AM.

Posted Image

#244 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

And in a stunning development, Kovy scored our only goal so far.

Seriously, you and unknown poster and the rest of the idiots who hate "kovalchoke" should go jump off a very tall building. Do us all a favor. Make sure you burn ken's pile of jerseys first too.

I don't hate him moron. I never said I did. Read some of my recent posts and you'll see that I keep hoping he pulls it together. But yes, I am both disappointed and frustrated with his overall performance as a Devil, and I'm also concerned that he's looking more lost without Lemaire by the game. I've already pointed out the reasons why in other threads. Wow, he scored a goal...great, he now has a whopping five of them for the season. Awesome stuff. Guess no one's allowed to criticize a player who was supposed to make a difference here, but clearly hasn't.

As for the game...as bad as that was, and it WAS as bad as it gets, the Devils are the kind of team that can lose as ugly as it gets when they're not firing...there are nights where they can look like the worst team in the league, a de facto expansion team. The good news is that they really haven't had TOO many fugly games like this, and early on they've at least managed to avoid the prolonged slides that feel like they can happen at any time, so instead of pointing out the zillion wrongs that several players were responsible for, I'm just going to move on from this one.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#245 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

I found this exchange between Chico and Cangialosi particularly puzzling...

CHICO: "I thought I saw Bigfoot once."
CANGIALOSI: "Oh yeah?"
CHICO:: "Yeah. Turned out it was just Bobby Holik."
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#246 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:08 AM

Wow. Glad I fell asleep before this game started. Yikes!

Let's get 'em in Minny, boys! Tame the Wild! LGD!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#247 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

We need another upper pair defenseman, and we need Travis back. Badly.

#248 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

no one's allowed to criticize a player who was supposed to make a difference here, but clearly hasn't

Except for almost single handedly pushing us into the playoffs last year.
Posted Image

#249 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Except for almost single handedly pushing us into the playoffs last year.

So he gets a complete pass on his invisible first half that season?

Don't blow that up to be more than it was. It was not that close. Devils never pulled more than six points within the last spot. It was a great run, fun to watch for sure, gave us all reason to dream a little. And other players found their games as well...even Rolston was pretty good for a while during that second half. Kovy was a key contributor, no argument, but it was NOT a solo effort on his part. The team as a whole played much better, from the goaltending on out.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 December 2011 - 09:08 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#250 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

I hate to say it but it feels like we need to let one of these guys go...Kovy or Zach...We need more balance and chemistry on the team or else we are going to be looking at another high draft pick.
Posted Image

#251 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

I hate to say it but it feels like we need to let one of these guys go...Kovy or Zach...We need more balance and chemistry on the team or else we are going to be looking at another high draft pick.

The decision was made 2 years ago.

#252 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

We need to separate them, and we need Travis back, and we need a real good defense man (or 2), and I'm not sure Debo is the right coach for this team....they're not responding to him...we're playing like we did under JMac. And after every game they say the same things "we werent ready for them for some reason", "we cant turn the puck over like we've been doin", "we have to play 60 minutes of hockey...not 20"

#253 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

It's not DeBoer, enough of this coaching bullsh!t.

We need Travis back, so he and Parise can play 20 minutes of defensive hockey with some offense.

Things will calm down once he's back. We still need another defenseman.

#254 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Coach needs to make some line changes and Lou needs to shake up this team. If he can't make a trade then he should promote from within. Making a trade is never easy this time of the year.

Call up Zharkov, sign Bernier to an NHL deal, scratch Boulton, send Janssen to Albany.

Honestly, Boulton and Janssen are wastes. Having them on the same line is even worse. Sestito is NOT an NHL player... we have the worst fourth line in the NHL.

Zharkov will add speed, penalty killing ability (which is not really what we need but still) and some offensive capability.
Bernier has 6 pts in 12 games in Albany and it couldn't hurt to try. He's still young, a bigger body, and has offensive capability.

The dead weight has to go. Sestito, Pelley, Fraser, Boulton Janssen. Let's give some new guys a try. You will all think I'm nuts but I don't care.

Also, Zubrus/Elias/Sykora have a combined two goals in four games, Parise has 1 in 12, Kovy is struggling, Tedenby has ZERO, and Clarkson has cooled off.

Parise-Elias-Sykora
Kovalchuk-Henrique-Zubrus
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
Zharkov-Zalewski-Bernier

Zalewski has 11 pts in 20 games. It couldn't hurt to give him a try. Lou is trying Sestito (3 pts in 12 games), Mills who was not good, and Pelley... It's not going to work.

For defense, Fraser needs to go. Call Urbom back up.

Fayne is given a free pass but has had 6 pts in 23 games. He can take a seat as well. If Greene is going to be out for a few games, Urbom should be given a shot.

These are all things Lou can try without having to make a trade... I'd even welcome a trade with Winnipeg to get Oduya back at this point.

#255 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

Coach needs to make some line changes and Lou needs to shake up this team. If he can't make a trade then he should promote from within. Making a trade is never easy this time of the year.

Call up Zharkov, sign Bernier to an NHL deal, scratch Boulton, send Janssen to Albany.

Honestly, Boulton and Janssen are wastes. Having them on the same line is even worse. Sestito is NOT an NHL player... we have the worst fourth line in the NHL.

Zharkov will add speed, penalty killing ability (which is not really what we need but still) and some offensive capability.
Bernier has 6 pts in 12 games in Albany and it couldn't hurt to try. He's still young, a bigger body, and has offensive capability.

The dead weight has to go. Sestito, Pelley, Fraser, Boulton Janssen. Let's give some new guys a try. You will all think I'm nuts but I don't care.

Also, Zubrus/Elias/Sykora have a combined two goals in four games, Parise has 1 in 12, Kovy is struggling, Tedenby has ZERO, and Clarkson has cooled off.

Parise-Elias-Sykora
Kovalchuk-Henrique-Zubrus
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
Zharkov-Zalewski-Bernier

Zalewski has 11 pts in 20 games. It couldn't hurt to give him a try. Lou is trying Sestito (3 pts in 12 games), Mills who was not good, and Pelley... It's not going to work.

For defense, Fraser needs to go. Call Urbom back up.

Fayne is given a free pass but has had 6 pts in 23 games. He can take a seat as well. If Greene is going to be out for a few games, Urbom should be given a shot.

These are all things Lou can try without having to make a trade... I'd even welcome a trade with Winnipeg to get Oduya back at this point.

You do know that Fayne leads all defenseman on this team in points right?

#256 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

Whatever happened to that Parise-Henrique-Clarkson line? They were getting it done. Leave it up to NJ to change a good thing when it's going.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#257 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

It's not DeBoer, enough of this coaching bullsh!t.

We need Travis back, so he and Parise can play 20 minutes of defensive hockey with some offense.

Things will calm down once he's back. We still need another defenseman.

Maybe it's Debo's assistants, but this team looks like the keystone cops on the ice.

Edited by hargsy, 01 December 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#258 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Greene and Larsson have 8, Fayne has 6

#259 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

Adam Larsson and Andy Greene are tied for the lead with 8 points each.

#30 FOREVER!

#260 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

Maybe it's Debo's assistants, but this team looks like the keystone cops on the ice.

Posted Image

On to Minnesota, Boys!!!!

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users