Posted Image

#22 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

Moose's reward for the Isle shut out was to get benched.

#23 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

I think the only way Brodeur doesn't retire as a Devil is if they don't want him back and he decides he still wants to play.
Posted Image

#24 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

I think the only way Brodeur doesn't retire as a Devil is if they don't want him back and he decides he still wants to play.

Marty will finish his career in Minnesota. His sons play prep hockey out there, so he'll want to be close to them as he finishes up his career.

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Marty will finish his career in Minnesota. His sons play prep hockey out there, so he'll want to be close to them as he finishes up his career.

Well, glad we got the unknowable future all wrapped up then.

I feel Marty retires after this year, especially if there's a work stoppage. He's been getting injuries more frequently. He said himself that his shoulder issue from earlier this season was part of an injury that will never heal. I think he's getting ready to wind it down.

As for Lou, I think his time is done here. I love the old school philosophy but I don't think it's working anymore. I mean how many head coaches come into teams and aren't allowed to pick their own assistants? Why is everything top secret and status quo? Why can't players have any access to fans or digital media? Hell, players couldn't even do the Movember thing because of his facial hair rule. These things aren't a big deal at all, but these days it seems like fighting too hard to control things that don't need controlling. It may be time for some new ideas and new philosophies.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,731 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Well, glad we got the unknowable future all wrapped up then.

I feel Marty retires after this year, especially if there's a work stoppage. He's been getting injuries more frequently. He said himself that his shoulder issue from earlier this season was part of an injury that will never heal. I think he's getting ready to wind it down.

As for Lou, I think his time is done here. I love the old school philosophy but I don't think it's working anymore. I mean how many head coaches come into teams and aren't allowed to pick their own assistants? Why is everything top secret and status quo? Why can't players have any access to fans or digital media? Hell, players couldn't even do the Movember thing because of his facial hair rule. These things aren't a big deal at all, but these days it seems like fighting too hard to control things that don't need controlling. It may be time for some new ideas and new philosophies.

Pretty much where I'm at, re: Lou.

How many GMs stay on the job for as long as Lou has, with one team? Most of them are lucky to retain their jobs for one decade, let alone two+. Like I said earlier, no disrespect intended...overall he did an amazing job keeping the Devils competitive year after year.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 December 2011 - 04:25 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

He can stay at Zachs new house
We should trade them both there now before we lose them both fer nothin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users