This team is JMac 2.0

#122 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Why does Peter Deboer put out Kovy on defense in a 4-on-4 situation? fvcking stupid

It didn't work last time he did that, and it kills us again tonight. DeBoer makes one braindead decision a night it seems.

Edited by elias2600, 02 December 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#123 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

How is it possible to assemble an entire team of players that is just completely putrid at converting scoring opportunities? That's the difference right there, and well, one unnamed turnover machine.

#124 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Kovalchuk is trying too hard to score goals by taking high risk chances and its nullifying his impact in other areas. His line with Parise and Henrique were absolutely flying tonight, but for some reason he still feels the need to cheat and it's directly leading to goals against. It's time for DeBoer to sit him down and explain to him that he doesn't need to pull these kind of shenanigans in order to be an offensive threat out there.

#125 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

i love brodeur as a goalie, but he should take half a month break, and let hedburg start.
the 1st and 3rd goal brodeur let in should have never went in

#126 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,325 posts

Frustrating game but at least they didn't give up. The Devils ended up outshooting the Wild 31-16 including 22-10 over the final two periods. On to Winnipeg tomorrow.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#127 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

if we lose to the Jets ......I dont know what, but something has to change as far as personnel

#128 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

im not even pissed about this game, we got 30 shots, we just couldnt get the bounces our way, i think we played real good from what i saw... we played for about 2 min with an empty net and contained the puck in their zone

3 goals on 4 shots by Brodeur and Tedenby taking a dumb penalty at the end killed us, from what i saw Kovy played real well other than his turnovers, that line was flying.

seriously i wish we could have win this game but im not pissed at the guys really this time

www.SterioDesign.com

#129 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

One of the things that bothered me most about this game is that the Kovy/Parise/Henrique line finally contributed offensively and every other line did nothing. Where has Elias been these past few games? I haven't seen him do a single thing. I know he had to cool down eventually but he's become invisible out there...the whole second line has along with Clarkson. One problem gets sorted out and two new issues arise. It's awful.

I noticed this as well. If the elias line isn't scoring, or clarkson isn't potting one, we're just toast.

It doesn't look like Tedenby is going to score goals for us the way he is currently being used, so that whole line becomes about Clarkson scoring.

Line 1 - can Zach + Kovy score more than they give to the other team on a silver platter?
Line 2 - Are the old guys having an off night offensively?
Line 3 - Did Clarkson score a goal? (because the other two won't be)
Line 4 - Are pigs flying?

#130 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

I honestly had no idea before the game that the Devils traded Kovalchuk to the Wild. He was like MAGIC tonight against the Devils.

Kyle Brodziak you were are worth every penny you are paid! This guy is the "John Madden" of Minnesota and I'd love to see him in a Devils uniform.

I really cannot blame every goal on Kovalchuk. He didn't actually shoot them, but the turnovers that he made when he was the last one back are his fault. Turnovers trying to stick-handle, deke, and skate with the puck when the pass was clearly the RIGHT answer. You cannot unteach this guy.

Kovalchuk, I will never be as good of a player as you, but please stop looking skyward after you screw-up; the answers are clearly not up there.

I think Parise has made up his mind on what to do next season after this cluster.

I switched channels and am watching an Islanders team compete with Chicago and the end of BU destroying BC in NCAA hockey.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#131 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

im not even pissed about this game, we got 30 shots, we just couldnt get the bounces our way, i think we played real good from what i saw... we played for about 2 min with an empty net and contained the puck in their zone

3 goals on 4 shots by Brodeur and Tedenby taking a dumb penalty at the end killed us, from what i saw Kovy played real well other than his turnovers, that line was flying.

seriously i wish we could have win this game but im not pissed at the guys really this time

The way I saw it was: what is the point of doing a bunch of things right if you're going to send the other team massive gifts by way of your own stupid actions.

It negates everything positive, and just make this a frustrating thing to watch.

#132 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

That was pretty dumb. :lol:

I'm thinking we may have another mediocre coach.

#133 ilzz89

ilzz89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

I guess kovy should build his game after tom?

#134 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

DeBoer and JMac must've had in their contracts that they HAD to play Kovalchuk on the point on the powerplay NO MATTER what. There is no other explanation. Kovalchuk should sit, but I don't know that Devils can afford to do that and play someone who has a legitimate chance at making an inpact.

For all of you plus/minus haters... I think Kovalchuk's plus/minus speaks for itself.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#135 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

3 goals on 4 shots by Brodeur and Tedenby taking a dumb penalty at the end killed us, from what i saw Kovy played real well other than his turnovers , that line was flying.

you don't think that's a problem? I don't fault him for the last one, because there's no way he should be in a position to be last man back as a DEFENSEMAN, not to be confused with pointman.... but still, one of this team's key problems is turnovers everywhere on the ice.

#136 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

I guess kovy should build his game after tom?

Tom has a Stanley Cup. What does Kovy have? (Psst... it ryhmes with HERO!!!)

#137 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

Somewhere Jamie Cancerbrunner is laughing at all of us as his team continues to thrive.

Edited by DevilinLA, 02 December 2011 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#138 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

i thought the Devils played pretty good tonight but ended up short. i see that a lot. A few weeks back, they played great vs Boston and then play like crap vs Buffalo i htink but lose vs Boston and win the later. Maybe Chicos optimism is poisoning my view. All i know is I never wanted Kovalchuk and he just cannnot pass, control the puck, or do anything but take a good hard shot . Watching him actually gave me flashbacks to being a kid and liking baseball and watching the Yankees in the late 80's/early 90's and i Wikipediaed Kevin Maas to see whatever happened to him. I'd take 2 AHL'er who are quick and know how to control the puck Tedenby style (but not our AHL'ers like Sestito and such. Anyhow still became a fun game to watch after what happened in the 1st. I look forward to the next one tommorow as long as they do the same effort.

#139 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

Frustrating game but at least they didn't give up. The Devils ended up outshooting the Wild 31-16 including 22-10 over the final two periods. On to Winnipeg tomorrow.

Yeah, it's frustrating, but they played pretty well, save that 5 minute stretch in the first. They deserved a point from this one. Disappointing, but they get a chance to bounce back right away, so hopefully we get this kind of effort tomorrow with the points to match.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#140 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Somewhere Jamie Cancerbrunner is laughing at all of us as his team continues to thrive.

He's on a 7/8 goal 30 point pace. Whoopidy do, he fit right in on RW on our team. It doesn't have anything to do with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users