Posted Image

#142 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

Somewhere Jamie Cancerbrunner is laughing at all of us as his team continues to thrive.

I miss him. Call him what you want, but he pretty-much gave you what he had every night. Sure he made mistakes like everyone else, but it was NOT the same every night, didn't result in a goal or an attempt on goal every time, and Chico didn't keep sugar-coating the truth.

How long before Kovalchuk jerseys become the new "GOMEZ" jerseys around the rink?
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#143 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

I just watched replays on the NHL Network and I still don't get how Marty didn't save AT LEAST one of those first three goals. If he just makes one save then it's a completely different game. I mean he literally could not have played worse tonight.

oKCiNj.jpg

#144 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

I miss him. Call him what you want, but he pretty-much gave you what he had every night. Sure he made mistakes like everyone else, but it was NOT the same every night, didn't result in a goal or an attempt on goal every time, and Chico didn't keep sugar-coating the truth.

How long before Kovalchuk jerseys become the new "GOMEZ" jerseys around the rink?

Never. This team plays dumb hockey. Kovy shouldn't be on the RW. He shouldn't be on the point on the PP (that never scores anyway). The defense shouldn't be a rag-tag group of losers that don't get the puck out of the zone.

Nothing makes sense. The turnovers. The lines. The Power Play. It's all terrible and yet we continue to do the same sh!t and beat our heads into the wall.

If you think this loss is on Kovy then you can just go become a Raggots fan.

#145 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well Kovy and friends finally drove Marty off the deep end. Marty was in full 'I'm too old for this s*it' mode tonight and deserved to be pulled. I just don't get why this team plays so much better for Moose. Then again I don't get how any professional hockey player can be as dumb as Kovy.

lol at Langs giving you what he had every night, ask Lemaire about that one.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#146 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

Someday someone is going to say, "hey Chorske you were right about Kovalchuk and we, well... we were wrong."

Kovalchuk is a big problem with coughing up the puck at crap times, it skips over his stick, he trips over Parise's skates, he half-arses it out there. This guy should never have been put on a line with Parise nor should he have ever been paid what he wanted. So stupid, but here we are watching him not make a single person better around him and have a crap season. Sure he might turn it on, but I wouldn't bank on it. I can hardly wait for the ney sayers to say, "he almost single-handledly put the Devils into the post season." ALMOST doesn't count. The Devils almsot won the cup in 2001. No one remembers that key point unless reminded of it.

I still get a kick out of someone on a previous thread who said something to the extent that "I see that Jamie Langenbrunner was NOT the problem." To whomever said that, I'll gladly buy you a beer. Lags wasn't the problem, Rolston might have been overpaid, but he was not the problem. While it isn't one thing, there are some players still on the team who are.

ON a positive note, I hope John MacLean proves people wrong with Captain Kirk in Carolina. Him being fired for poor preformances from players was crap despite what Lemaire did. Let's face it Lemaire is a great coach, but once you hit rock bottom like the Devils did, there is only one place left to go and that is UP. I'm not sure if the Devils can do much else with what they have. I like the optimism that surrounds the return of Zajac, but I don't think he is going to be the Super-Bandaid to fix this problem. Afterall, he can't skate for 60 minutes or should I say 65 given the track record for OT/shootouts.

You will never be right. If you think one player who busts his ass off and his committed a decade and a half of his life to this franchise is the reason we are losing games, you seriously should just stop watching hockey altogether. Even if he has a bad game, is there not 18 other players on the ice during the game? What are they doing to help the cause?

Get a grip.

Langencancer. The guy who bitched and moaned and ruined our 2009 playoff run because the coach tried to get him rested for the playoffs.

That fvcker dogged it constantly and had zero emotion. Anyone who thinks he was good for this team the past couple of seasons is an idiot.

#147 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

He's on a 7/8 goal 30 point pace. Whoopidy do, he fit right in on RW on our team. It doesn't have anything to do with him.

But it had EVERYTHING to do with him when he was here! - in fact its still all his fault.

Point is, there are glaring defensive issues that have never been addressed on this team in regards to personnel that were never going to be solved by anyone's fantasy of an 18yr old wunderkin solution.

Offense is fine given that we are down two key pieces - and AH has stepped up well. Seriously, a rookie centering two top marquis players.

This team has done a good job with smoke and mirrors for years trying to make the public believe that they are still a sound defensive team, but they have never been able to hold back a determined adversary when it counted.

Is Larry still effective or does he lack the horses to get the job done?

Edited by DevilinLA, 02 December 2011 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#148 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

Well Kovy and friends finally drove Marty off the deep end. Marty was in full 'I'm too old for this s*it' mode tonight and deserved to be pulled. I just don't get why this team plays so much better for Moose. Then again I don't get how any professional hockey player can be as dumb as Kovy.

Yeah say what you want about Kovalchuk as a goal-scorer, but he has the hockey sense of a dead chicken.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#149 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

Yeah say what you want about Kovalchuk as a goal-scorer, but he has the hockey sense of a dead chicken.

That's an insult to the dead chicken.

Lou better summon Lemaire down from his cottage and babysit Kovalchoke. The only way he's not going to outstupid himself is with Lemaire glued to his ear.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#150 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

EDIT: posted in the wrong thread somehow.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 December 2011 - 11:16 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#151 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I WANT......
Zajac back
Hedberg as the starter
Kovy on the left wing
:saddevil: :saddevil: :saddevil:

Edited by Zubie#8, 02 December 2011 - 11:14 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#152 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

That's an insult to the dead chicken.

Lou better summon Lemaire down from his cottage and babysit Kovalchoke. The only way he's not going to outstupid himself is with Lemaire glued to his ear.

Yep, couldn't have said it better. He might not have scored the goals, but you don't give the other team 3 great chances. The facts are he does it all the time. At least once a game and hasn't learned since last year. How?

Maybe we can trade Kovalchuk in five years for a six round pick like poor Al Montoya!
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#153 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

I WANT......
Zajac back
Hedberg as the starter
Kovy on the left wing
:saddevil: :saddevil: :saddevil:

Hedberg as the starter? Now I've seen it all. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I love Moose, but really?

#154 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Never. This team plays dumb hockey. Kovy shouldn't be on the RW. He shouldn't be on the point on the PP (that never scores anyway). The defense shouldn't be a rag-tag group of losers that don't get the puck out of the zone.

Nothing makes sense. The turnovers. The lines. The Power Play. It's all terrible and yet we continue to do the same sh!t and beat our heads into the wall.

Put me down for all of this too.

This whole mess is squarely on LOU LAMORIELLO, as much as no one in this entire fanbase wants to believe or accept that. The guy lost his fastball during the lockout and has made sh!t decision after sh!t decision since, keeping us locked in salary cap jail every step of the way.

But no, Lou is an institution, so we can't fire the guy who assembled this piece of sh!t roster in the first place.

#155 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

I just watched replays on the NHL Network and I still don't get how Marty didn't save AT LEAST one of those first three goals. If he just makes one save then it's a completely different game. I mean he literally could not have played worse tonight.

Are you serious? Wow dude, L2WATCH.

#156 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

We can all agree Kovalchuk has not been playing good, but you can't pin every loss solely on him. This entire team is a giant clusterfvck right now.

#157 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

We can all agree Kovalchuk has not been playing good, but you can't pin every loss solely on him. This entire team is a giant clusterfvck right now.

This is true to an extent. None of the other lines are scoring.

#158 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

This is just poor decision making by the front office. We had Parise, we didn't need Kovalchuk, but the bad decisions just keep coming. We could see this disaster coming amile away in the summer when Lou signed Boulton AND Janssen/ We could have taken a chance on Josh Harding for that kind of cash.

#159 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

man i got banned from HF devs board for blaming Lou square id say since he got into the HOF and weve shed some pretty capable Dmen

and i take the pro jamie angle too he could pass the puck on the tape

too many divas including lou, room for one is doable but i just think he got HOF and turned his head away for a moment and ALSO

blocking shots? whats that? standing up for your goalie huh? since Parise lost his two front teeth ive had a hard time with this team, nobody retaliated on that, since the rock, but an offspeed redirect on a screen after a give away= not marty so stuff it.
Posted Image

#160 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

No, just two of the last three :rolleyes:

The team played well in the last two periods I thought, they just got foiled by a white-hot Harding and more Kovy hi-jinks.

But no, Lou is an institution, so we can't fire the guy who assembled this piece of sh!t roster in the first place.

Lou's gone anyway if this team doesn't make the playoffs again, one way or the other. There's no way he could have seen Kovy would become this much of a disaster.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 December 2011 - 12:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users