208 replies to this topic

#161 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

This team sucks; big trade or coaching change is brewing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#162 mikeford

mikeford

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:35 AM

Lou's gone anyway if this team doesn't make the playoffs again, one way or the other. There's no way he could have seen Kovy would become this much of a disaster.

Kovy is not the problem. The fact that our defensemen can't break out of a wet paper bag is the problem.

#163 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

This team sucks; big trade or coaching change is brewing.

This team does suck, but don't expect anything in the way of trade or coaching change.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#164 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

Yeah I understand being frustrated over Kovy but the scapegoating for the real issues by some is ridiculous and shows you either don't watch games or you don't know much about what you're seeing.. Our D is a major issue as well as 2 top centers being out and some bad breaks..

Learn from last season and don't overreact.. This team is underperforming now but things always even out in hockey during an 82 game season.. You have to look at the big picture and realize that cold streaks happen to every team every season
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#165 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

fvcking Kovy man. His mistakes are starting to happen every game and its starting to cost us every time. I dont know what the hell is going on over there.

For once I dont see it being a coaching problem....I see it being a team problem. Its completely disappointing. I thought last year how much worse could it get? Its only up hill from here. Negative.

We need a complete overhaul. I dont even know where to begin.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#166 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

Just a mention, the top two scorers on the team, and two of the top 5 in the league, are just not producing right now. THIS is the biggest issue. Goaletending can only do so much. :whistling:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#167 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

Yeah I understand being frustrated over Kovy but the scapegoating for the real issues by some is ridiculous and shows you either don't watch games or you don't know much about what you're seeing.. Our D is a major issue as well as 2 top centers being out and some bad breaks..

Learn from last season and don't overreact.. This team is underperforming now but things always even out in hockey during an 82 game season.. You have to look at the big picture and realize that cold streaks happen to every team every season

Yeah, but that was last season and us going on a long streak to climb the standings again is a million to one shot. Lightning won't strike twice.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#168 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

Kovalchuk was better tonight but as i said.... LW he will be much better!

Stop blaming him... Our defensive really suck (except Larsson )

Larsson makes couple of mistake but he is young and he make less mistake then veteran like Salvador and Greene

#169 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:03 AM

Kovalchuk was better tonight but as i said.... LW he will be much better!

Stop blaming him... Our defensive really suck (except Larsson )

Larsson makes couple of mistake but he is young and he make less mistake then veteran like Salvador and Greene

Tedenby, Clarkson, Zubs, Elias, Syks, Henrique. The rest of them can go fly a kite.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#170 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:05 AM

and on the last play im sorry but kovalchuk is not a defenseman!

#171 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

Things are starting to get a little crazy in here. It sounds like some people who could use a win or 5. I'm hearing "trade kovy for nothing" this, and "there's no hope left for this team" that. I thought we played pretty well tonight, but didn't get good breaks and didn't finish on two or three great chances that could have flipped this result. This season as whole has not looked particularly good, but we have looked good for parts (must have to be at .500 now with the crappy losses lately). Why bail now?

Yeah, but that was last season and us going on a long streak to climb the standings again is a million to one shot. Lightning won't strike twice.

A team that played that badly doing a 180 and winning all those games really was lightning striking. This team just needs a good winning streak (with decent play otherwise) to make the playoffs. Can yah skip the theatrics about this team facing an insurmountable task at this point?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#172 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

Things are starting to get a little crazy in here. It sounds like some people who could use a win or 5. I'm hearing "trade kovy for nothing" this, and "there's no hope left for this team" that. I thought we played pretty well tonight, but didn't get good breaks and didn't finish on two or three great chances that could have flipped this result. This season as whole has not looked particularly good, but we have looked good for parts (must have to be at .500 now with the crappy losses lately). Why bail now?

A team that played that badly doing a 180 and winning all those games really was lightning striking. This team just needs a good winning streak (with decent play otherwise) to make the playoffs. Can yah skip the theatrics about this team facing an insurmountable task at this point?

With the Pens, PHI, NYR, TOR, FLA, BOS all playing exceptionally well the odds on making the playoffs will become insurmountable quicker than you think.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#173 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Deboer on Kovalchuk:

“I thought he was very good,” DeBoer said of Kovalchuk. “You guys the see the mistake that ends up in the net, but him and Zach were the best players on either team tonight.”

NO!
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#174 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

Apparently Pete was playing NHL 12 instead of coaching tonight.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#175 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Deboer on Kovalchuk:

“I thought he was very good,” DeBoer said of Kovalchuk. “You guys the see the mistake that ends up in the net, but him and Zach were the best players on either team tonight.”

NO!

DeBoer's acting like a weenie basically because he has to in this case. Coaches just don't win spats with star players, especially coaches with no track record. And there was more than one mistake, both ones that wound up in the net and one in particular that didn't (at the end of the second period) :P

It would be nice if DeBoer actually got him off the point and RW...I didn't realize it said in Kovy's contract he had to do both.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#176 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

I think they're a tweener team as the playoffs go (7-10, let's say)... but the problem they could get themselves into is, being so mediocre it forces them to be a 4th place in the division playoff team, which requires a bad division, and also dooms you to a pretty crummy seed.

#177 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:29 AM

With the Pens, PHI, NYR, TOR, FLA, BOS all playing exceptionally well the odds on making the playoffs will become insurmountable quicker than you think.

Again! "Things are just going to keep getting worse and worse for us forever and ever!" So it's over? Also, 8 teams make the playoffs. I'm guessing there are two other teams playing exceptionally well that you left out, no?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#178 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

Again! "Things are just going to keep getting worse and worse for us forever and ever!" So it's over? Also, 8 teams make the playoffs. I'm guessing there are two other teams playing exceptionally well that you left out, no?

Yeah. WSH, BUF, TAMPA. If we manage to finish 9th this season it will be a miracle.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#179 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

fvcking Kovy man. His mistakes are starting to happen every game and its starting to cost us every time. I dont know what the hell is going on over there.

For once I dont see it being a coaching problem....I see it being a team problem. Its completely disappointing. I thought last year how much worse could it get? Its only up hill from here. Negative.

We need a complete overhaul. I dont even know where to begin.

What is wrong with you?

#180 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

It's obvious that Marty is washed up. I think he needs to take a powder for a bit. Plus, what is the deal with PDB starting him after he got his a$$ handed to him in COL? This isn't the same Marty who would lose one game and come back big time the next day.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users