356 replies to this topic

#281 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:42 PM

He was very well screened by White on the second goal. He didn't see it coming.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#282 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Marty had a great game. You gotta score to win.

The biggest bummer is when will we see them again. :saddevil:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#283 gizmo

gizmo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

I find it quiet humorous that anyone acctually thought the Devils had a chance against the Flyers

#284 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:43 PM

I'll see Brodeur in September.

and Niedermayer.

Edited by Don Whiting, 17 April 2004 - 04:43 PM.

#285 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Words cannot explain how weak that second goal was. :angry: My heart dropped into my stomach. :evilcry: Hopefully there is a next season so we can all do this again. I want a team from the west to win, I don't care who it is. :argh:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#286 JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

I find it quiet humorous that anyone acctually thought the Devils had a chance against the Flyers

LOL.. you're a Devs fan?

#287 Leafs_whine_2_much

Leafs_whine_2_much

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Game over, season over.

Thanks Marty.

Yeah, thanks Marty... :evilcry:
Get well soon, Burns!!!
"Don't worry, "your" Leafs will come through Posted Image ...HNIT (Hockey Night in Toronto) needs them to win.... Although if they lose, we'll hear excerpts from the book "101 ways to bitch about the Maple Leaf$ lo$$", narrated by Mr Leaf himself, Don Cherry" - Legend Of the Clown Banner

--------------------
Leafs whine too much. So do the Lakers. Both suck. ANYONE but the Leafs and the Lakers! Posted Image

#288 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

Well atleast we get some good hockey in August or September with the World Cup. Anyone think any Devils will want to play in the World Championship. I doubt it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#289 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

:evilcry:
Posted Image

#290 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

Game over, season over.

Thanks Marty.

Oh don't blame Marty. Has he not done enough for all of us.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#291 gizmo

gizmo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

LOL.. you're a Devs fan?

Unlike everyone on these boards, I like to keep a realistic approach

#292 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:46 PM

Well atleast we get some good hockey in August or September with the World Cup. Anyone think any Devils will want to play in the World Championship. I doubt it.

I wouldn't be so sure. The Europeans usually come to help out their country, so I can see Elias going over.

Can you IMAGINE Canada with Brodeur in net? Just the intimidation factor would get us a medal. (-:

#293 Leafs_whine_2_much

Leafs_whine_2_much

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:46 PM

Game over, season over.

Thanks Marty.

Oh don't blame Marty. Has he not done enough for all of us.

I don't see how ANYONE can't blame him for that second goal. That was a classic goalie fault. So yes, he's the one to be blamed for today's game. The guys did a good job in the 2nd and the beginning of the 3rd, and that goal was a killer.
Get well soon, Burns!!!
"Don't worry, "your" Leafs will come through Posted Image ...HNIT (Hockey Night in Toronto) needs them to win.... Although if they lose, we'll hear excerpts from the book "101 ways to bitch about the Maple Leaf$ lo$$", narrated by Mr Leaf himself, Don Cherry" - Legend Of the Clown Banner

--------------------
Leafs whine too much. So do the Lakers. Both suck. ANYONE but the Leafs and the Lakers! Posted Image

#294 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

Why did I think fo watching on CBC. I have seen the Devils get elimanted in the first round in 1997. 1998 and 1999. 1997 and 1999 were both just the alst game they covered.

#295 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:48 PM

I'm just peeved that our "only edge" was supposed to be Brodeur, and he wasn't...not even close.

It sucks, I'm really disappointed, but whattaya gonna do?

We were beat by a better team.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#296 CaptainScotty

CaptainScotty

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

What a sorry playoffs Marty had. Makes me again wonder how good he really is minus a good defense. He has got to be burned out or something.

This team totally lacked any sort of heart or killer instinct. Stevens brought that attitude, Niedermayer obviously didn't.

No question, Lou threw this season. He wasn't going to give anything up to snag the necessary pieces, he is obviously looking at that CBA.

I just hate that it had to come from those bastards the Flyers. I'm cheering for Ottawa now, and I have the comfort of knowing that any of the other remaining teams will probably chew up philly in a seven game series.

Gotta put shots on Esche to prove he can't make it. Devils just didn't have the depth up front to do it.

Is Parise going to be the answer, I honestly don't know. Turco was some sort collegiate allstar, look how he turned out.

#297 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:51 PM

Esche wasn't that great, he was facing inferior shooters and had superior defense. Give Marty a break here. He was the only reason the score wasn't like the Stars/Avs game.

Esche better control his rebounds better or winning this round will only be a tease for Flyer fans.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#298 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Of course, we're never going to hear the end of it from Marty haters. This is just icing on the cake for them and their 'overrated' arguements. Brace yourselves folks, we're in for a VERY bumpy summer.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#299 KYdevil

KYdevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Devs had a great season. Im proud of our boys, they couldve just gone down hard, but they fought hard today. Without Marty the score couldve been very easily 4or 5-1. Ever since 2000 Bob Clarke and the Flyers have done their best to build a team JUST to beat the Devils. Looks like Esche was the final peice of their puzzle. It will be interesting to see how well they match up against the other teams.

I look forward til next year. I truly believe Stevens will be back, if for no other reason that its to go out on his own terms.

THANKS FROM ALL US DEVS FANS GUYS!!!

#300 Leafs_whine_2_much

Leafs_whine_2_much

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

Well, at least we lost to a "better" team lol... :blink:

Anyhow, some good efforts by Elias and Nieds.

But Marty steals the highlights again. Thanks Marty. You know you're loved for that goal you let in - by the Philly fans, of course... You're a hero! Grrr, what an idiot. Always said he needed to pull his head out of his *ss.
Get well soon, Burns!!!

--------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users