#121 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:58 PM

Good he needs the experience.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#122 cyrisjoe

cyrisjoe

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:58 PM

we only "scored" the goal BECAUSE of frisen, he held off primeau and he would of had the puck....

#123 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:59 PM

My daughter said the same thing. Well he needed to hold him off legally. :evilcry:
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#124 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:59 PM

I assume we are losing?

Who is in the line-up? Kozlov? Brown? Bicek? (giggling) Larionov?

Bicek in - Kozlov out. Hale in - Giroux out.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#125 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:01 PM

[quote name='devsRgreat' date='Apr 17 2004, 09:57 PM'][quote name='Swede' date='Apr 17 2004, 03:56 PM'] [quote name='devsRgreat' date='Apr 17 2004, 09:55 PM'] Clark wants it now.

#126 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:01 PM

we only "scored" the goal BECAUSE of frisen, he held off primeau and he would of had the puck....

Friesen is the whipping boy this year, though. It's his fault. Hell, the Flyers goal was his fault, too.
Posted Image

#127 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:03 PM

Friesen is the whipping boy this year, though. It's his fault. Hell, the Flyers goal was his fault, too.

I think global warming is also his fault. :P

Edited by devilsfan26, 17 April 2004 - 03:04 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#128 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,867 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:04 PM

The Flyers are having their way with us in our zone.

It is so bad that Marty can not make the difference.

We are several players short of matching up with them.

And what's with Langenbrunner passing the puck...shot the friggin thing.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#129 gizmo

gizmo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:05 PM

this goes to show what a pathetic team this is with stevens out. it's embarissing that 1 player can make such a BIG difference, even if it is Scott Stevens

#130 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

Well when he screwed up in the Ottawa game he repented with the winning goal. Lets see what he does this game.

Wasn't Kozlov on Friesen's line? You know maybe his big body could've stopped Primeau. Face it, the Devs are small and getting pushed around. Where's Skrlac? Where's anyone over 6 feet and 200lbs?
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#131 gizmo

gizmo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

no thanks, he'll just miss the net , he's worthless

#132 Wayne

Wayne

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:07 PM

this goes to show what a pathetic team this is with stevens out. it's embarissing that 1 player can make such a BIG difference, even if it is Scott Stevens

They aren't pathetic.

Stevens was there two years ago, when we lost to Carolina in the first round.

#133 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:07 PM

no thanks, he'll just miss the net , he's worthless

lol and now i think hes teaching freeze how to shoot
Posted Image

#134 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:08 PM

Well when he screwed up in the Ottawa game he repented with the winning goal. Lets see what he does this game.

Wow I was about to say that too :P

all things aside I want to see the entire Wirtz family die a painful death since I own
Hawks jersey of two of these three guys he GAVE AWAY :argh: :argh:

this could be what finally makes me give up the Hawks :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#135 JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:10 PM

Lets not get ridiculous. Stevens was in the lineup when this team got bounced out in the 1st round against much weaker teams. Even if he was here no one is friggin scoring.

#136 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:10 PM

2nd is under way
Posted Image

#137 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,584 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:13 PM

We absolutely NEED an early goal here.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#138 Succubus

Succubus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:14 PM

If only one player elevated his game, it would inspire everyone.

I remember last year, it seemed like everyone on the team knew they would win.

#139 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:14 PM

What's really hurting this team is our inability to hit the net. shot wide shot wide its really getting annoying
Posted Image

#140 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,584 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 03:17 PM

The EGG line is being shut down completely.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users