148 replies to this topic

#141 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

Kovy has been a left winger his entire career and he shoots right so coming from the left side it would make sense. But from what I'm observing he's playing lazy "ME NO PLAY, ME GETTING PAID" hockey.

But, this is team?

#142 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

LW, RW, LW , RW Oye put him at center then! he's most comfortable carrying the puck in anyway. in fact when he's not carrying it in he looks lost

#143 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

well at least we dont have Ovechkin...2 more pts than Kovy with 5 more games, playing with a center that he played with for years and with 9.5millions cap hit... 2.9m more than Kovy

www.SterioDesign.com

#144 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

well at least we dont have Ovechkin...2 more pts than Kovy with 5 more games, playing with a center that he played with for years and with 9.5millions cap hit... 2.9m more than Kovy

take your logic and shove it!

#145 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, thank God. :P
Posted Image

#146 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

1) Kovy's extremely talented, but flawed. We knew that when we brought him in. He's playing hard and doing a lot right. We have to hope he keeps improving. He is better than when we got here, even with the mistakes. He's doing a decent job on the best PK in the league!

2) He hasn't played BADLY since shifting to RW. That line's been the best on the team by far, in fact, and he's a big part of it. That said, his shot is less effective from the left. He'll put up better stats on that side.

3) This team was flawed, then it lost Zajac. The lines aren't going to be anywhere near perfect without him. With him, Kovy can go back to LW and our top 9 looks very good. Til then, guys are battling, sometimes out of position. It's not fair to expect ANYONE to be perfect right now, no matter how much money he's making.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#147 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

the thing with Kovy is that he's the most talented player in the team... arguably top 10 in the league talent wise...

he can score goals not a lot of people can score... he's stronger and bigger than the average player... and has one of the best wrister and one of the best one timer in the league

whats killing him is his risky decisions... its a mental mistake, he just need to simplify his game and it should be alright... and he seems willing to do wtv it takes to become a better player so there's hope

it can be done

www.SterioDesign.com

#148 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

the thing with Kovy is that he's the most talented player in the team... arguably top 10 in the league talent wise...

he can score goals not a lot of people can score... he's stronger and bigger than the average player... and has one of the best wrister and one of the best one timer in the league

whats killing him is his risky decisions... its a mental mistake, he just need to simplify his game and it should be alright... and he seems willing to do wtv it takes to become a better player so there's hope

it can be done

it can be done....with a coach he looks up to like Jaques Lemaire, I dont think he has nearly as much respect for Debo

#149 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

it can be done....with a coach he looks up to like Jaques Lemaire, I dont think he has nearly as much respect for Debo

What makes you think that? He's double shifted, played on every line, and played RW without complaining. He hasn't been perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I see no evidence that his problems come from lack of respect for the coaches.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users