186 replies to this topic

#161 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hedburg's great as long as he doesnt try to handle the puck, when he does he tends to be like dp make some plays, but get burned alot and caught out of position (though less then dp does).

#162 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Ok Couple of thing

1. WTF with Tedenby!? he is doing absolutely nothing but falling on the ice (stop jacking off and play like a man!)

You can stop falling on the ice and play like a man!!!

Posted Image

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#163 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Are our defensemen magically going to learn how to break out?

Are our players magically going to learn that the puck goes in the back of the net?

Like I said, it's a rut.. Has Elias also magically forgotten how to score? Has our D also forgotten how to use their strengths to play effectively? No and no but when you're on a losing streak sh!t just doesn't work right.. To assume that things will just continue like this is stupid

Edited by Colin226, 03 December 2011 - 10:23 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#164 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

We had to win tonight. Now that we've lost other teams have jumped over us and we've got to play cath up even harder now.

#165 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Not looking good. This was a game we needed.

FIRE DEBOER!
Posted Image Posted Image

#166 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

Like I said, it's a rut.. Has Elias also magically forgotten how to score? Has our D also forgotten how to use their strengths to play effectively? No and no but when you're on a losing streak sh!t just doesn't work right.. To assume that things will just continue like this is stupid

This is not a rut. This is a losing streak. It's a losing streak that's been a long time in the making even when they were winning. They were a flawed team when they tricked people into thinking they might be better then they are. What people are seeing right now is just a very flawed team showing it's colors. Want to know why they are always on the wrong end of "luck" and "bounces"? Because flawed teams and teams that are not very good always are more then good teams. Every team over 82 games will get bad bounces, but it follows bad teams around like a clowd. It's becoming an excuse with this organiztion and it has been for the last two seasons now.

Want to be somewhat optimistic? This is a bubble playoff team at best and the only reason they might sneak in is that they play in the East. It's going to take Zajac time to get back to being Zajac and the same for JJ so it may be too late even then.

Time to accept it all and understand it. I'm not sure how much more they can do to prove what they are to anyone who watches. I'm starting to believe that there are some people that refuse to understand what they are watching night in and night out. There are people who just can not bring themselves to accept this flawed team and their "heroes" who can do no wrong.

It's the same with the team's financial problems. There's just so much of a refusal to believe how much deep sh!t they are in from on ice to off ice.

What's it going to take? To some, i think it'll take forever.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#167 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yeah a rut's when the Devils are fifteen over in January and lose four of six. This is more like our weaknesses coming home to roost when we don't have the shootout to bail us out. We've had 'bad luck' offensively for two years :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 December 2011 - 11:01 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#168 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

Terrible play leads to bad luck and bad bounces. 7 SHG against is not bad luck. It's utter incompetence through and through.

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

it amazes me that this place watches so much hockey and yet somehow seems to learn less about the game the more they watch.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

it amazes me that this place watches so much hockey and yet somehow seems to learn less about the game the more they watch.

Nice ambiguous post, Tri

#171 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

When our goalies are in a slump, the consistently cold offense will bring the team down. This team needs to wake up fast because our goalies cannot do everything.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#172 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:35 AM

the devils don't exactly put a cerebral product on the ice, and game center is expensive...

#173 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

losing Jansen killed the team

#174 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

I have to admit, Kovy can't go a game without putting the puck in our net. It's amazing.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#175 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

I have to admit, Kovy can't go a game without putting the puck in our net. It's amazing.

I remember the flak I got when I posted about his weaknesses months and probably a year ago. This guy will score goals, but will never help a team win. He isn't the only problem though and although I pound the mustard out of him, it is only because of his salary. He is very friendly signing autographs (more than I could say for Brodeur, Colin White, and even at times my boy Langenbrunner), but if people jumped on Rolston for his salary vs production than it should be a pile-on with Kovalchuk. The guy just isn't a fit for the Devils. He's best suited somewhere else.

I'd rather have so many others who could've been available than this guy.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#176 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Stating that Kovalchuk isn't a right fit for this team is a totally moot point. He's not going anywhere.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#177 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

Sorry im not with you........

You are all on kovalchuk but i can't see how he can control the puck on bad bounces (hedberg pass tonight etc...)

Yes he makes mistake... but saying this guys can make our team win is a non-sense to me

He have to be use correctly and at the right spot... That's all

If you dont believe in that.. Well you forgot last year second half... ( he really make us win games)

So stop being on Kovy... Yes he makes mistakes and all that stuff but the guys is a sniper and he gave us a great effort and he want to win... More importantly he can, have and will help us win!

There are so many player on the team who play like crap that i can't see how Kovy is the one everybody is against!

You can says what you want but Kovalchuk will help us to go in the playoff this year!

And if we win the stanley cup in a near future Kovalchuk name will appear on the Conn Smythe trophy.

#178 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

You can says what you want but Kovalchuk will help us to go in the playoff this year!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#179 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

Wait.... and in spring you'll send me an inbox if i was right or not

#180 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Sorry im not with you........

You are all on kovalchuk but i can't see how he can control the puck on bad bounces (hedberg pass tonight etc...)

Yes he makes mistake... but saying this guys can make our team win is a non-sense to me

He have to be use correctly and at the right spot... That's all

If you dont believe in that.. Well you forgot last year second half... ( he really make us win games)

So stop being on Kovy... Yes he makes mistakes and all that stuff but the guys is a sniper and he gave us a great effort and he want to win... More importantly he can, have and will help us win!

There are so many player on the team who play like crap that i can't see how Kovy is the one everybody is against!

And if we win the stanley cup in a near future Kovalchuk name will appear on the Conn Smythe trophy.

I'm one of his biggest Fans here, I was Ridiculed for saying that if we didnt resign him I wouldnt go to as many games. I wanted to see him on this team. loves what he brings. HOWEVER, there is no denying that he has a Propensity to make the most Egregious give-a-ways at the most inopportune times. its uncanny, and Im begining to think its a concentration issue. he needs to be more Emphatic with his recieving of passes and his passing. how many times does he think he can go cross ice in front of the slot on the PP with a pass before the jets jump it. or if the pucks on edge from moose, get your skates on it. be more emphatic!

he's going through a rough streak here but I think thats what it is a bad streak, IMO, it will improve. or at least it wont result in a guaranteed goal as it is now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users