114 replies to this topic

#61 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

that's a good day.. and did anyone notice that miami mikes is having a viewing party that same day lol
https://www.facebook...48747808484162/

Ha no but there always seems to be another viewing party when ever we plan one. Judging by the response from the last miami mikes party, we should have a good turn out this time around.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#62 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

Ha no but there always seems to be another viewing party when ever we plan one. Judging by the response from the last miami mikes party, we should have a good turn out this time around.

I had a sour stomach after the viewing party from Miami mikes food until Monday night.

#63 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

I had a sour stomach after the viewing party from Miami mikes food until Monday night.

Sooooo, what you're saying is you're good to go and eat nachos at The Stadium on the 19th of Feb. Got it. Perfect.

1dun.jpg

#64 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Sooooo, what you're saying is you're good to go and eat nachos at The Stadium on the 19th of Feb. Got it. Perfect.

Yeah thats what I got out of that.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#65 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

The nachos at the stadium were quite good.

Right now to me eating a piece of previously chewed gum that has been resting on a huge dog turd on a 100 degree day in the streets of Calcutta is more appetizing than anything at Miami mikes.

#66 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

I actually liked it upstairs. It all depends on how many people are coming but if they can get it on all TVs and put it over the speakers upstairs was perfect IMO. My minimum of ppl coming would probably be 6 max might be like 12 lol. So figure 8ish ppl on my end coming.

The nachos at the stadium were quite good.

Their nachos were banging! It only took 1 person to get them in the beginning of the night then everyone after kept ordering them.

1dun.jpg

#67 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

I actually liked it upstairs. It all depends on how many people are coming but if they can get it on all TVs and put it over the speakers upstairs was perfect IMO. My minimum of ppl coming would probably be 6 max might be like 12 lol. So figure 8ish ppl on my end coming.

Their nachos were banging! It only took 1 person to get them in the beginning of the night then everyone after kept ordering them.

Yeah you can blame me for that one. I got the nachos to share with my friend but I think I may have an order for myself.

I challenge any of you at pool, I am horrible but I still will put the challenge out there. Do with it as you like.

Posted Image

#68 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Why y'all gotta live way the hell up there in the mountains. :(
heh

#69 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Why y'all gotta live way the hell up there in the mountains. :(
heh

I live in Somerset county and the drive wasn't bad when I went last time. Drive was about 1 hr 15 min.

#70 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

I live in Somerset county and the drive wasn't bad when I went last time. Drive was about 1 hr 15 min.

Thats commitment. :cheers:

Posted Image

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Thats commitment. :cheers:

Haha yeah you were surprised when I showed up.

#72 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Haha yeah you were surprised when I showed up.

Yeah because I didnt think anyone would show up farther then a 45 min drive MAX radius.

Posted Image

#73 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

Google says that I'm 1:30 away, which of course means that I'm about 2 hours away. :(

I'm not asking you guys to change this date/location or anything. I'm just thinking... there's gotta be something somewhere in the middle. Bridgewater or Parsippany come to mind.

#74 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Google says that I'm 1:30 away, which of course means that I'm about 2 hours away. :(

I'm not asking you guys to change this date/location or anything. I'm just thinking... there's gotta be something somewhere in the middle. Bridgewater or Parsippany come to mind.

The whole point of having it up here is because those of us that are up here or willing to make the drive all feel that the other various viewing parties are either a bust or are just to far away. We as nothern NJ (The REAL northern NJ none of that Bergen county nonsense) are over looked and are the ones that are forced to drive 2 hours to attend a viewing party. This is more of a get together then a viewing party as its just a group of us that all get together to watch the game. Join us if you would like but there are other various viewing parties most likely closer to you then this one up here in Sussex County.

Edited by Quinn01, 12 January 2012 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image

#75 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I may go to this one, but still kinda too early for me to tell. The 6PM game start actually helps since it is a long ride for me, but I did enjoy it last time. Good food, nice place and good fans to be around with :cheers:

#76 ohms law

ohms law

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

The whole point of having it up here is because those of us that are up here or willing to make the drive all feel that the other various viewing parties are either a bust or are just to far away. We as nothern NJ (The REAL northern NJ none of that Bergen county nonsense) are over looked and are the ones that are forced to drive 2 hours to attend a viewing party. This is more of a get together then a viewing party as its just a group of us that all get together to watch the game. Join us if you would like but there are other various viewing parties most likely closer to you then this one up here in Sussex County.

Fair enough. You'd know better than I would about Nothern NJ being overlooked.

I just wish that I knew where all these viewing parties in Central NJ were. I've seen a couple up in the mountains and a couple down by the shore mentioned, but none have been in the middle.

#77 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

We're not trying to overlook Northern NJ..if you've never been to a viewing party outside of Miami Mike's though, how do you know it's a bust?

We didn't get a strong showing in the poll for Sussex County and we also can't please everyone.

Here's a link to upcoming viewing parties: http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=73868

Edited by cj241, 12 January 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#78 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Fair enough. You'd know better than I would about Nothern NJ being overlooked.

I just wish that I knew where all these viewing parties in Central NJ were. I've seen a couple up in the mountains and a couple down by the shore mentioned, but none have been in the middle.

There have been a couple at Miami Mike's which is in East Hanover and one at North Brunswick Pub on rt 1. Those are about as central as you are going to get. Problem is the demographics as Princeton is central, but it is pretty solid Flyers country. I like in Somerset County and I feel it gets pretty overlooked and there are a ton of Devils fans here.

I know Colin mentioned the Green Knoll Grille as a possible future viewing party spot as the cheerleading coach also works or has worked as a waitress there and the owner is a Devils fan.

I also think these spots would be pretty good:

Freddy's @ Pierce in Somerset

Champps in Edison @ Menlo Park Mall

BTW I just also saw that there is going to be an official team-sponsored viewing party at Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza in Edison on Parsonage Rd for the Feb 27th game against the Rags. It is a nice place but it is at least in my opinion pretty small for a viewing party.

#79 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

We're not trying to overlook Northern NJ..if you've never been to a viewing party outside of Miami Mike's though, how do you know it's a bust?

We didn't get a strong showing in the poll for Sussex County and we also can't please everyone.

Here's a link to upcoming viewing parties: http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=73868

Was there a poll taken? What was the question/results?

#80 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

The first official viewing party of the year at Edison Ale House was a little bit of a bust with only about 15 people showing up to that (better than Vic from Sports express unofficial viewing party there a week or two prior where only about 8 people showed up). The food at EAH is great and so is the beer but the turnout was pretty low.

We also all know about my opinion about Miami Mike's so I wont go there.

The one at North Brunswick Pub was pretty good IMO. They should have more there in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users