42 replies to this topic

#21 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

I remember Parise saying over the summer he impressed with Teddy last year, and would like to get a chance to play with him. Why not? sink or swim. Let's give him a shot.

#22 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

Kovy, no way but Parise maybe.

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby... Boom. Two players who have great chemistry and great two way games... and then Teddy given the opportunity to flourish.

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Zharkov-Carter-Palmieri (after someone convinces Palmes to use his big frame and hit someone every so often)

#23 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'd like to see these lines:

Parise Zajac Tedenby
Kovalchuk Henrique Clarkson
Zubrus Elias Sykora
Zharkov Carter Palmieri

If Tedenby crashes and burns on that top line sub in Clarkson or Palmieri and interchange them.

Parise-Zajac-Tedenby... Boom. Two players who have great chemistry and great two way games... and then Teddy given the opportunity to flourish.

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Zharkov-Carter-Palmieri (after someone convinces Palmes to use his big frame and hit someone every so often)

Pretty similar to my hopes except I really don't think we need to move Zubrus off that third line.

Edited by NewarkDevil5, 05 December 2011 - 11:06 AM.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#24 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

I'd like to see these lines:

Parise Zajac Tedenby
Kovalchuk Henrique Clarkson
Zubrus Elias Sykora
Zharkov Carter Palmieri

If Tedenby crashes and burns on that top line sub in Clarkson or Palmieri and interchange them.

Pretty similar to my hopes except I really don't think we need to move Zubrus off that third line.

I just think Kovy will skate so fast that the wind he creates from his speed would knock Clarkson down.

#25 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

id like to see the parise zajac tedenby line as well...doesnt seem like itll happen

anybody remember when bergfous played with zajac and parise prior to his trade...he was able to light it up with those two....i think tedenby would do the same and be even better at it
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#26 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

id like to see the parise zajac tedenby line as well...doesnt seem like itll happen

anybody remember when bergfous played with zajac and parise prior to his trade...he was able to light it up with those two....i think tedenby would do the same and be even better at it

I just think that because Tedenby is very good at cycling and Parise and Zajac have always developed their best offense off of long cycles that even if Mattias doesn't score, he'll at least help keep that line going and doing what it does best.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#27 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

I just think Kovy will skate so fast that the wind he creates from his speed would knock Clarkson down.

You say this as if Clarkson isn't a good skater... (flashback to Clarkson falling down without being touched before a faceoff last game). :unsure:

On second thought, good point...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#28 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

I think you keep parise and travis together and put henrique at rw. I think this line could be a big force in the league. Then put kovy at left wing on the second line with napalm at rw and try having clarky center.they tried it with henrique and it clicked so mabye it can work. The third line be sykora, elias, and zubrus. if that doesnt work just switch henrique aand clarky

Parise-Zajac- Henrique
Kovalchuk-Clarkson-Palmieri
Sykora-Elias-Zubrus
OR
Parise-Zajac- Clarkson
Kovalchuk-Henrique-Palmieri
Sykora-Elias-Zubrus

Then when josefson comes back (idk when that will be. hopefully soon) switch him and clarkson and put clarkson on the 4th line with tedenby

Edited by nmm90392, 05 December 2011 - 11:52 AM.

ajq8o1.png

#29 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Zajac with kovalchuk
henrique with parise

#30 nmm90392

nmm90392

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Zajac with kovalchuk
henrique with parise

flip it parise with zajac and kovy with henrique zach and travis always had a chemistry and always played well together longer

ajq8o1.png

#31 Devil in Leaf Nation

Devil in Leaf Nation

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

I understand people who believe the Zach and Travis NEED 2 be together and separating them seems to amount to blasphemy so here's my thoughts..

Kovy's D isn't that great and while Henrique, or JJ for that matter, is very promising the defense would be almost as bad as our PP! and

It's ALL about Kovy! Let's face it folks Parise, who may not even be a Devil much longer, is a more complete hockey player allowing him to play with a larger variety of line-mates successfully. Kovy is here until Doomsday, (NO not DEC 21 2012), and of all the guys on our roster Travis is the best suited to getting the most outta him.

Bottom line is Parise isn't going to hurt or be hurt playing with Henrique, or JJ. Kovy will so what's best for the team now, and possibly the future, is Kovy-Travis and Parise-Henrique!

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right or maybe the Devils bring a center in for Kovy and move JJ to the right side but all that matters is we find a way to start scoring and winning! Also ask yourself, what's the best the guy with the 17 yr deal has played, so far, since he arrived here and who were his line-mates?

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION! :horse:

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation, 05 December 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#32 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

its not only parise who plays better with zajac its all a vice versa thing

zajac barely broke 10 goals last year
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#33 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

A line change in practice today. Teddy to 2nd LW.

Parise-Henrique-Kovlachuk;
Tedenby-Elias-Sykora;
Zubrus-Carter-Clarkson;
Boulton-Sestito-Palmieri;
Extra: Pelley.

Still, that 4th line is...beyond brutal.

Edited by Marshall, 05 December 2011 - 01:08 PM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#34 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

Triumph, two of his better games were against Islanders and Colorado. There is only so much he can do with pluggers on his line.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#35 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

Still, that 4th line is...beyond brutal.

Although it's not the team's main problem, the fourth line as you have it is much improved from the versions with Cam and Pelley on it. This line will not be good, but it has a chance to at least get the puck out of the defensive zone when the other team dumps it in.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#36 P-Way Chief 11

P-Way Chief 11

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus

Sykora-Elias-Clarkson

Totally agree. I feel we can really be competitive with that lineup. Hopefully, with Zajac back it happens!

#37 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Teddy deserves a chance with the top two lines. He's been playing well and showing promise holding onto the puck well. Put him with Elias and that can be an interesting combo. There's only so much Teddy can do with Ryan Carter.

#38 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

I still think you put Zajac with Kovy, he's been the only center to bring out the best of Kovy so far. Parise and Henrique should be able to work well in the long haul too, possibly with Clarkson, they seemed to play well together the few games they were like that earlier this season.

#39 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

Parise/Henrique/Clarkson
Kovy/Zajac/Teddy
Zubrus/Elias/Sykora
Pelley/Carter/Palmieri

BTW what was the 4th line last season? Wasn't it Clarkson/Pelley/Mair? Whatever happened to Mair?

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#40 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:11 PM

Patrick O'Sullivan put on waivers by Phoenix. always liked that guy, just never works out no matter where he goes. still an upgrade at rw though, I'd like to see them take a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users