15 replies to this topic

#1 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

I wasn't a big fan of his when he started doing Devils games, but since I've seen him on NHL Live, I've completely turned the corner, he's not just a Devils homer anymore, he can analyze any team very well. Would be nice to see him get a shot on On the Fly, way more knowledgable and can actually speak clearly, miles ahead of Turco, whom I cannot stand on that show, always seems nervous and confused.

Edited by Bibby89, 05 December 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#2 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I wasn't a big fan of his when he started doing Devils games, but since I've seen him on NHL Live, I've completely turned the corner, he's not just a Devils homer anymore, he can analyze team very well. He should get a should on On the Fly, way more knowledgable and can actually speak miles ahead of Turco, whom I cannot stand on that show, always seems nervous and confused.

On The Fly is a Canadian-biased program. It stinks. When watching the NHL network it seems as if they wiped out the TSN logo and put the NHL Network logo over it...its pathetically biased.

#3 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

i love the homerness of dano
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#4 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

mr devil me too
Posted Image

#5 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

mr devil me too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rLiZGLJZkE&feature=player_embedded

love it
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#6 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rLiZGLJZkE&feature=player_embedded

hahaha thats great. he's a champ

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#7 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

LOL, Al Trautwig is one to talk about "impartiality".
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#8 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

LOL, Al Trautwig is one to talk about "impartiality".

lol How true
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#9 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

I wasn't a big fan of his when he started doing Devils games, but since I've seen him on NHL Live, I've completely turned the corner, he's not just a Devils homer anymore, he can analyze any team very well. Would be nice to see him get a shot on On the Fly, way more knowledgable and can actually speak clearly, miles ahead of Turco, whom I cannot stand on that show, always seems nervous and confused.

Some of the guys they throw on On The Fly and on VS as "analysts" are embarrassing to watch sometimes. Turco is pretty bad, he doesn't seem relaxed and almost looks like a robot when he talks, but for me, the guys they try to put on VS are the worst. Even their regulars are retarded. When they try someone new, it looks more like they just pulled some guy off the street to put on TV. They had Recchi on last night and I could just see the sweat dripping off his forehead, it was gross. On top of that, he was tripping all over himself when he spoke and he honestly looked more nervous than a small child at the school play.

#10 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

I always thought that Dano was very well spoken, especially when he talks Hockey. Met him in person. Great personality and bought me and my friends a round of beers during the Jersey Tour in Somerville. He let me hold onto his 2000 ring for like 2 hours, and I was like "hey do you want this back?" hahaha love that guy.
Put food on my family

#11 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I've seen Daneyko on NHL network before, forget the show, but he was probably a guest analyst for the night. Don't think it was On the Fly...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#12 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

I've seen Daneyko on NHL network before, forget the show, but he was probably a guest analyst for the night. Don't think it was On the Fly...

He's on NHL Live a lot along with Deb Placey and E.J. Hradek.

#13 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

Love Dano, he's gotten a lot better since he started

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#14 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

I love when they go to Dano to ask a player a question & he talks for about a full minute & there's no question, just his observations. So the player just talks about Dano's comments. Kinda funny.

#15 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

Kenny wanted to scream, "OH Holy SH!+" so bad! but it came out holy schmollie. .....freakin Salmela

#16 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

he sounds like a lead singer of a metal grind core band

i want to hear him call a game with chico would be comedy

lets make this happen, oh my bro met him at a rangers game
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic