GDT: OTTAWA AT NEW JERSEY

NJCroMag

When they were reviewing it, the replay clearly made it seem like a good goal.. But the way this season has been going with reviews you kinda started to guess what the new made-up explanation for a no goal would be :giggle:

That was my first thought. I think the whole team took a HUGE sigh of relief once the goal was.....accepted.

No, I think mikeford is right, they should have played keep away. It was risky to do as they were doing - I know they wanted to get another goal, but they risked giving one up playing that way. Then the ref put his whistle away hilariously and there it is.

I'd rather they try and score, with how bad this team is at allowing breakaways on the power play of doom, all it would take is one mishandled pass against a team that's desperately forechecking and then it's off to the races. This isn't soccer, you can't hide in the corner.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

First, if any of you follow me on Twitter, sorry for seeming like a little b-tch during the pre-game/first half of the game. I had a majority of the mite on ice families in my section and a few of the mothers thought they were part of the Real Housewives of NJ. the most ignorant, bottom feeding, kiss-my-ass-cause-i-think-i'm-rich scum out there. one asshat actually said to their friends multiple times "You don't owe us anything, in fact i feel like i should pay you cause of how bad these seats are", cried about no cup holders, then, as they progressively got drunker, they let their demon children go completely ape-sh!t insane. no joke, the one kid did that blood curiling kid scream from the 10 minute mark of the 3rd, through OT, through intermission and the shootout. I also loved a pair of parents who said "I don't feel safe standing and walking through the rows, its so steep." For f-cks sake, its section 104, not the Palisades Cliffs, not even Continental.

and other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

I loved the crowd as the Devils showed more life. Had to have been the loudest since the opener, and we only had what 13,500?

Absolutely loved how balls-to-the-wall Tedenby was playing, if he went high left in the first period on that feed from Elias, he's got a goal. Auld was giving up everything high during warmups, yea its practice, but you could see he's weak high.

Really liked how the power play was smart and moved the puck, woulda loved them to move it faster to beat the box, we're better vs teams with passive boxes or diamonds.

refs were pretty terrible with their calls, i definitely understand where our conspiracy theorists are coming from.

cheers folks, we got the 2, ugly fashion but we got the 2, erased a 3-0 deficit and for once didnt bend over and completely take it.

beer me

:cheers:

Edited by jagknife

I'd rather they try and score, with how bad this team is at allowing breakaways on the power play of doom, all it would take is one mishandled pass against a team that's desperately forechecking and then it's off to the races. This isn't soccer, you can't hide in the corner.

Sure you can, and the Devils were doing it.

Geez since henrique moved to the first line he has 20 pts in 20 games....

The way hes playing... Its not a fluke anymore... Hes not just... At the right place at the right time kinda... Hes really creating smart plays and making thing happen....

For a 3rd round pick hes a pure gift, we have a serious player with a bright future ahead boyz

Edited by SterioDesign

Geez since henrique moved to the first line he has 20 pts in 20 games....

The way hes playing... Its not a fluke anymore... Hes not just... At the right place at the right time kinda... Hes really creating smart plays and making thing happen....

For a 3rd round pick hes a pure gift, we have a serious player with a bright future ahead boyz

If RNH slumps...you know where I'm going with this.

Admittedly, this team continues to defy. They have a 14-12-1 record, yet:

Exactly ONE player has a positive +/- rating, at +1. His name is Jacob Josefson. Everyone else is at even or below.

They average 2.37 GF per game (eliminating phantom shootout goals). They've been outscored 77-64 (also eliminating phantom shootout goals).

Brodeur is 6-7-0 with a 3.27 GAA and an .882 save%. Pretty good numbers for 1987, but not so much in 2011.

And the amazing stat of the year: the penalty killing is now -1 on the season. They've given up 6 goals (in 101 PK opportunities) and scored 5. Has any other team ever pulled this off over a 27-game stretch before? This team is so Rain Man in ways...scary good at the penalty kill and shootout, pretty much just scary at everything else. But they somehow continue to do what I was hoping: stay around .500 until Zajac comes back.

Well, this game worked out better than I thought it would twice...I stopped watching after the second because of how ugly it was (not to mention it was 3am here in Italy) but then I missed the awesome comeback...which they then almost gave up. Glad we got the two points somehow, pretty goals.

Just wish we could do something about our D...

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico a bit puzzling...

CHICO: "I just got my Christmas list in to Santa Claus today! Ol' Chico's gonna clean up come Chirstmas morning!" [rubs hands together gleefully]

CANGIALOSI: "Chico, I have some bad news for you. You might wanna sit down."

CHICO: "I know what you're going to say...those Santa guys in the mall are just the big guy's helpers. Hey, I can't blame him. It's a big job, with all those toys and stuff!"

• Like 3

Man, I really want to see Marty have a good stretch of games, I really can't blame him for the first goal, Fayne did nothing in front there. Although, I wish Marty sometime would play it safe and just cover the puck more. But it just is depressing to see him get pulled and have just a hard time out there this season, especially with all the other fans cracking jokes at him. After such a long time of following this team and this guy I take it personal.

The team doesn't seem to play well in front of him at all.

C'mon Marty!!!!

First, if any of you follow me on Twitter, sorry for seeming like a little b-tch during the pre-game/first half of the game. I had a majority of the mite on ice families in my section and a few of the mothers thought they were part of the Real Housewives of NJ. the most ignorant, bottom feeding, kiss-my-ass-cause-i-think-i'm-rich scum out there. one asshat actually said to their friends multiple times "You don't owe us anything, in fact i feel like i should pay you cause of how bad these seats are", cried about no cup holders, then, as they progressively got drunker, they let their demon children go completely ape-sh!t insane. no joke, the one kid did that blood curiling kid scream from the 10 minute mark of the 3rd, through OT, through intermission and the shootout. I also loved a pair of parents who said "I don't feel safe standing and walking through the rows, its so steep." For f-cks sake, its section 104, not the Palisades Cliffs, not even Continental.

Just like the Flyers Ladies Auxiliary behind me in section 13 during the home opener. All they wanted to do was act like they knew what was going on and how hot Hartnell and Giroux was. And trying to sound like hockey analysts while it was obvious they were completely ignorant and just homers for the Flyers. I seriously wanted to turn around and b!tchslap each one. Even the flyers fan next to me thought it was funny when I kept making sarcastic remarks everytime they'd open their mouths. I'm sure they never heard me since I never turned around and said anything but my girlfriend almost had to hold me back from starting sh!t once or twice it was that bad.

Didn't imagine we had "fans" that were that bad...

Oh, and any idea why the press thought Jesse Winchester should get the 1st star? Just for his game-tying goal at the end of regulation!?

We had guys who did much more than that! I'd say if you had to acknowledge a senator on the star selection, make one of their best, Spezza or Alfredsson a 3rd star and Zach and Kovy 1 & 2. But hey, it's the press half the time they go with what will make headlines, not who actually deserves it. Not like you get a trophy for most star selections in a season...

Edited by Legion15

I'm inclined to agree with this. I mean, this team seems to be at its worst when it's sitting back and protecting a lead (Buffalo, Tampa, Florida) and at its best when going all-out aggressive (Nashville, Philly, DC). At the very least, it's somewhat of an adjustment from a strategy that wasn't working. Unfortunately, this didn't work either.

But a win's a win. And a damn exciting win nonetheless! It's the fourth time this season the Devils have come back from a two or more goal deficit to win in SO. Can't say they have no heart!

LGD!

Glad they came back and won. One of my friends who's a big Rangers fan was at the game and was talking sh*t the entire time about attendance and how he was stoked to be watching the Devils lose while the Rangers were winning. Haha, how things took a turn for the awesome! Devils come back and win and the Rangers lose.