• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

“He wanted to yap a little bit,” the Devils’ forward said. “I’ll take him any time. He’s way too young to do that. He doesn’t know what’s up yet. I’ll take him any time.”

Read more: http://www.canada.co...l#ixzz1fyCxA3Ry

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

“He wanted to yap a little bit,” the Devils’ forward said. “I’ll take him any time. He’s way too young to do that. He doesn’t know what’s up yet. I’ll take him any time.”

Read more: http://www.canada.co...l#ixzz1fyCxA3Ry

Yeah and Evander Kane trying to stand up for him :rolleyes:
The kid is young, one day he'll shoot his mouth off to the wrong guy and get his @$$ dropped in a fight. I know the kid is trying to look tough and make a name for himself, but you gotta watch who you're talking to out there and make sure you don't pick on the wrong guy or you might regret it...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#3 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Yeah and Evander Kane trying to stand up for him :rolleyes:
The kid is young, one day he'll shoot his mouth off to the wrong guy and get his @$$ dropped in a fight. I know the kid is trying to look tough and make a name for himself, but you gotta watch who you're talking to out there and make sure you don't pick on the wrong guy or you might regret it...

Well Kane showed Cooke that he can handle a man last year lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#4 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

I missed this game ... what happened to prompt this?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#5 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Patty is a fierce competitor, he's played with multiple HOF players, 2 cups and a few bronze metals, and all-star games. enjoy winnipeg Alek

#6 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Feisty Patty. I like it.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#7 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

weird it doesnt sound like an elias thing to say

“I’ll take him any time. He’s way too young to do that. He doesn’t know what’s up yet. I’ll take him any time.”

italian gangster style...
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#8 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

Burmistrov has a lot of raw talent, but he is light years from being the elite player that Elias is.

He should, as they say, "cool his jets".
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Burmistrov has a lot of raw talent, but he is light years from being the elite player that Elias is.

He should, as they say, "cool his jets".

Posted Image
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Feisty Patty. I like it.

Patty is really the captain of this team...he doesnt need the "C" on his jersey to lead.....he really does everything a great hockey player should.
Long Live Elias !!!

#11 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

This reminds me of the Mike Richards story he talked sh!t to Elias when he was a rookie and Brylin speared him with a stick in the corner. Richards said it taught him respect.

D: Is there a code for how rookies should behave?

MR: I went through the same thing. I remember my first year we were playing against New Jersey and I was running around and lipping off to Patrick Elias. Elias came to me and Sergei Brylin too, and they said, “If you continue to show disrespect for players, you are going to get hurt.” That really hit home. I didn't want to be known as that guy who shows disrespect. I want to be a guy who plays hard in between the whistles but not cross the line. That was six years ago, but it hit home. When you hear it from a guy like Patrick Elias, who has a done a lot in this league and is well respected, you remember.

#12 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, Patty rarely gets pissed or anything. Year in and year out he puts up 70+ point campaigns while being a splendid 2 way player. Class act. One of those guys that you don't mess with. They wont fight you or hit you but they'll make you look bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users