62 replies to this topic

#21 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image Alright people! :) Much better! It will hurt for awhile but it goes away. ;)
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#22 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:13 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaw this thread broguht a team to my eye :) :)

my moments were--

my first devils game EVER!!!!!!
the pictures i have from my first game ever!!
MY FIRST GAME EVER!!
ESB coming back
Nieds taking on role as captain
Everything the boys laid out on the ice
All the nice people that have found this board

and last of all..

MY FIRST DEVILS GAME EVER!!!

Why didn't you include your first Devils game ever, girl??????

(Thanks for the special mention, very sweet.)

I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS TEAM. The hockey playoffs are a little dimmer and have less heart without us around. Everyone left will give pre-game interviews! That sucks!! ;)
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#23 gizmo

gizmo

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:14 PM

- Brodeur hitting 10 shutouts before the All-Star Break
- Gomez finally putting up big numbers (tied the NHL for lead in assists -56)
- Elias finally putting up the big numbers we were used to with the A-line(6th in NHL with 81 points)
- 3 Devs in All Star Game
- 100pts
- New Arena
- 7th year for Rags and then watching them disintergrate
- Mariusz Czerkawski for a pretty good season POLSKA POWER
- Watching Kovelev cost his team a playoff win cause of his stupidity, then hearing Melrose say "Kovelev cost his team a game and that was great!" :clap:
- Went to a few games this year, I like went to all loses though :(
- Chicken tenders, though expensive, taste SO GOOD

#24 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:29 PM

My season highlights are as followed...

-Seeing the Devils twice this year and seeing them beat the Sens both times.

-Marty winning 400

-The Egg Line

-Albelin still going strong(And to think I hated him 3 years ago)

-Niedermayer playing great

-Getting to see the Devils win on TV and blow out teams like Atlanta, Piitsburgh, Columbus, St Louis and the Rangers.

-And of course knwoing that we were Cup Champions all year long.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#25 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image Alright people! :) Much better! It will hurt for awhile but it goes away. ;)

Promise...btw...my hilites were opening night with my Godson...free game and dinner from Lou...no major surgeries, just a lot of little ones :dance:

oops...finding new restaurants with Zamode and M :clap:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,391 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:33 PM

I need a nap...

I'm here for the party

#27 littleton_devil

littleton_devil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:04 PM

What a year, indeed!

During the last week of the '03 Finals, we made the move to our new house and imagine my delight, when in response to my Devils car flag, the next door neighbor comes flying out of his house wearing a Devil's road sweater and cries, "Are you a New Jersey fan, too!!!??" Friends and co-workers asked why I made the six mile move east from Littleton to Centennial and I said, "So that I could be closer to Devil home games."

I am forever grateful for NHL Center Ice because it transported my affection for the Devils to a new level. Didn't miss a single televised broadcast and I cannot begin to explain the joy (the privelage!) of being able to listen to Doc and Chico call many of the games.

I have lived and died with New Jersey Devil hockey for exactly ten years now and though extremely saddened by today's preceedings, I couldn't be prouder of this organization! I remember Sports Illustrated's magazine article following NJ's Cup run in 2000: "The last of the great throwback organizations pulls another one off." The article touched upon patriarchal Doc McMullen, Lou Lamm's wizardry and a team devoid of 'individuals' making a magical and successful journey to their second Stanley Cup.

Yea, like Colorado, Lou Lamoriello could have gone out and picked up seven new Devils at the deadline and these moves may have been enough to propel New Jersey into the Second Round, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT NEW JERSEY DEVIL HOCKEY IS ABOUT and this is why I couldn't be prouder of the boys than I am right now ... This New Jersey Devils organization is about that was and what continues to be all that is good in the NHL.

Picked up my six-year-old from school yesterday and as he hands me a book, he goes, "Daddy, I found this in the library and want you to read it to me." I turned the book over to read the title and much like today, misty-eyed and full of pride, I told him that I would love to ... the book's written by Alex Yannis and is called, simply, New Jersey Devils.

Edited by littleton_devil, 17 April 2004 - 07:08 PM.

'In einer welt der kompromisse, gibt es noch maenner, die keine machen' ~ Herr Heckler & Herr Koch

#28 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:09 PM

:clap: littleton_devil

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:15 PM

Anyone mention Skrlac's goal against Atlanta yet? That was cool, especially when he tried to challenge Exelby to a fight and he refused then he got the goal seconds later :evil: Beating Colorado and Philly with back-to-back dramatic wins during a weekend early in the season was one thrill that hasn't been mentioned yet. The thirteen-game unbeaten streak of course.

Also among my personal favs, seeing Dano on TV late in the year :clap: Of course the banner raising - Getting the little banner that I proudly display in my room, seeing the big one go up, the dramatic game and of course seeing RD and Zammie/Dew again (funny how all the people I've met I've met twice...lol).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

Great stuff, ld!!!
This team sets a helluva example for us. (Ooops, I guess I don't with my salty language.)

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#31 Succubus

Succubus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 07:57 PM

1. getting Center Ice so I can watch the Devils more than their two games a year on ESPN!
2. going to 2 Devils games:
a. in LA (they won)
b. in Detroit (they lost)
3. being the Stanley Cup Champions for a year

I guess I just love watching them play.

#32 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:01 PM

Long live Center Ice!!! Scoreboard watchers and those whose computers crash for a whole period while they're trying to boot up NHL Radio unite and bow down before its greatness!!!!!
Not sure how I lived without it... I know I'm a better fan because of it.

#33 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:15 PM

I have to say 2 stand out for me -
Banner night and that goal - I remember thinking " This is the beginning of another magical season"
and.... going to one of the Devs -Ranger affairs the night before my wife's B-day, I was supposed to make a cake for her w/ my daughter, well we lost that night and I got the couch but baked well unto dawn.. and had the replay going to keep me awake :evil:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#34 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:15 PM

I liked seeing Elias just about win the scoring race after his detractors said his coach would hold him back offensively all year long. Enjoyed seeing Burns reach a milestone in career wins this year as well.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#35 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:24 PM

My top three.

3. Seeing Skrlac in Albany
Man, you can't beat that. Every Albany fan's heart bleeds for Skrlac - they LOVE him. It was awesome to hear the crowd swell up every time he hit the ice. Unbeatable.

2. Seeing Skrlac in a Devils' sweater
Heh. Yeah, I like Skrlac - the fighter will almost always be a favorite of mine. Hearing how realistic he was - man, he KNEW his role, ACCEPTED it, and was APPRECIATIVE. I'm sick of fighters like Laraque making twenty-plus times what the average person makes complaining about fighting. Skrlac knows his role. And when he gets five seconds of ice-time for it, he's still happy.

1. Driving from DC for opening night
This was almost the WORST memory, too, as I had to skip a class and it turned out we had a test that day. Sooo... yeah, I had to lie. But for the whole weekend, I was terribly paranoid about it, so I kept trying to call the prof and even contacted the Dean (who I'm friendly with). Turns out while I was lying (saying I had to be at a funeral) my prof was actually AT a funeral. He let me do a re-take but karma caught up with me and I did awful on the test.

#36 expect_the_unexpected

expect_the_unexpected

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:44 PM

Not in any order:

- Niedermayer. Everything about him. Norris. All-Star. Captain.
- Scott Stevens. Annoying yet entertaining.
- EGG

#37 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

Watching the Banner Raising was awesome! It would have been great to be there. Watching Elias take over the offensive reins of the team. It seems like he's becoming a real leader of the Devils, too. He deserves so much more recognition from the media than he gets. And Little G showing that he's bigger than he looks! And yeah, I agree with Nieda - having ESB come back to this board is a very good thing.

And here's hoping for a better year next year for Jamie, and Jeff (if he's still there) and Maddog. And seeing Stevens back and healthy for one more year.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#38 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

My avatar says it all :D (Skrlac and Brylin during warmups on Ken Daneyko night, January 9). I ordered discount tickets through the River Rats booster club about two months before for the game (was the only one, and got an invite to meet the prez of the Devs booster club), Skrlac was called up, scored, and was sent back down. January 8, he gets called up again and plays in the NHL...IN FRONT OF ME!!!!! Crasher can attest to how much I was freaking about when I heard! :D I always love when our boys get called up (no matter how much it hurts the Rats), but it was so much more special seeing Skrlac. I know I'll never retire my old Skrlac 23 Rat jersey!

This year's loss doesn't sting as much as some others. As much as I hate to admit it, Philly was playing great and Esche looked unstoppable. However, maybe it'll get Lou to look at the depth in the organization and realize how thin it's gotten. So, maybe it's not all that bad.
Kool-Aid free since 2006.

#39 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:58 PM

the emergence of gionta
the impressive play of paul martin
just getting to watch great hockey whenever i got the chance to.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#40 CHICO IS GOD

CHICO IS GOD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:08 PM

- Gomez and Elias getting up there in some offensive categories even though playing on a defense first team

- Marty's early shutout barrage

- the game against the Isles where Elias didn't convert on the penalty shot but came back to score on a feed from Gomer just a minute or so later in overtime

- Devils Fan Club dinner

- Seeing 3 games on the road, Dallas (2-0 loss), Atlanta (5-0 win) and a loss to the Isles

- banner night

- niedermayer finally getting some well deserved attention (hopefully some more this summer at the NHL awards)

- simply another year of going to games and if there is hockey next year, my father will re-new his season tickets and it will be yet another year of cheering the Devils on

Edited by CHICO IS GOD, 17 April 2004 - 10:17 PM.

Never underestimate the scoring force of the almighty one named Scott Stevens, who is destined to become the greatest Power on Earth.

Posted ImagePosted Image

NJ Devs Keeper of Glenn Chico Resch and CAA Sections with Row 2 as the first row.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users