Kind of a dick move.

#262 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:35 AM

I love all this cheap talk. If I lived in New Jersey I would still get center ice unless I had media credentials. Fans piss me off with their ridiculously incorrect rants. Why should I dish out 3000+ for games when it is an investment I make nothing off of. The entertainment value is not that high.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#263 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

It's not whether you go or not.

#264 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

I love all this cheap talk. If I lived in New Jersey I would still get center ice unless I had media credentials. Fans piss me off with their ridiculously incorrect rants. Why should I dish out 3000+ for games when it is an investment I make nothing off of. The entertainment value is not that high.

No you wouldn't.. Center Ice is blacked out in North/Central Jersey :giggle: You'd have to watch on MSG and VS
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#265 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

I have to think Lou is looking to make a move. Last year it was cap space, this year it is roster limits... he's in a tight spot. I know he doesn't want two of Fraser/Urbom/Taormina playing ever night. Losing Greene hurts.. Volchenkov is having problems too. He's got to move for a defenseman.

#266 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

May I even suggest trading Kovalchuk (asking him to give up his no trade-clause)? I mean let's be completely honest without getting into anything other than this:

I think you could trade for a solid defenseman, a solid forward (either a decent Right Wing or a Center) and possibly a draft pick.

I know some will see this as a personal attack on Kovalchuk, but it isn't this time. Yeah, you'll lose Kovalchuk's ability to carry the puck and score, but there shouldn't be any more of his bad defensive plays on the point, or +/- that is worse than his goal output. Just a thought. As people say, Kovalchuk NEEDS a center we don't have for him.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#267 FloyddGondolli

FloyddGondolli

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

May I even suggest trading Kovalchuk (asking him to give up his no trade-clause)? I mean let's be completely honest without getting into anything other than this:

I think you could trade for a solid defenseman, a solid forward (either a decent Right Wing or a Center) and possibly a draft pick.

I know some will see this as a personal attack on Kovalchuk, but it isn't this time. Yeah, you'll lose Kovalchuk's ability to carry the puck and score, but there shouldn't be any more of his bad defensive plays on the point, or +/- that is worse than his goal output. Just a thought. As people say, Kovalchuk NEEDS a center we don't have for him.

I've lurked enough here to see you are not a Kovalchuk fan.

Why would you one of the only few offensive threats this team has? Kovalchuk has a center in Henrique and Zajac and Josefson will be back soon. So you have a key cog coming back and you want to trade a player who has commited to the team for a cap friendly hit. The same player who carried this team last half of the season.

I'm not saying he hasn't struggled, but I think it's counterproductive and console boy fantasy to think he will be traded. Meanwhile, our Captain has been less than stellar with a huge minus that is almost as bad as Kovalchuk but fans like you are quick to bury Kovalchuk and let others off the hook. He has one more point in five more games and is a minus 9 and is a pending UFA.

I maybe late to this debate here, but the hate he gets from Devils is bit much.

As far as this game went, the Habs have perfected the 1-2-2 and Parise admitted he flubbed that shot after the game. Too bad the intensity of the last few minutes of the game wasn't there all game.

Edited by FloyddGondolli, 12 December 2011 - 01:37 PM.

#268 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

what would it take to get cam ward hes 2 years into a six year deal what would be involved

im just asking here real quick to not start a thread about it.
Posted Image

#269 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

what would it take to get cam ward hes 2 years into a six year deal what would be involved

im just asking here real quick to not start a thread about it.

I don't think the Devils want anything to do with Cam Ward right now. Just the fact that he has a 6.3mil cap hit should be enough to scare teams away. Then you add in the bad year he's having and the Devils should not even go near him.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#270 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

trade our best player

acquire mediocre goalie