#1 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

They might be the real deal.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#2 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Thanks dude.

#3 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hey man no problem.

#4 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

They're shooting at 11% as a team and are getting unbelievable goaltending while letting up a lot of shots every game. Their stats are unsustainable. Will they last? Anything is possible, but you're not seeing the results of a team playing at NHL norms and doing well. Instead, you're seeing an NHL team that is playing and taking advantage of a very fortuitous time for them.

#5 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

They're shooting at 11% as a team and are getting unbelievable goaltending while letting up a lot of shots every game. Their stats are unsustainable. Will they last? Anything is possible, but you're not seeing the results of a team playing at NHL norms and doing well. Instead, you're seeing an NHL team that is playing and taking advantage of a very fortuitous time for them.

Gaborik now has 15 goals.

They are in the middle of a 6-1 rout of the Panthers, a team that embarrassed us.

#6 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

They're always good up in till the holidays, give em time and things will start going south for them
(although they are better than us)

#7 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

omg vs panthers the panthers are bad D, missing hits and running into each other looks like a debor type team
Posted Image

#8 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Remember the Rangers are due to be "trending down". :whistling:
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#9 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

They're always good up in till the holidays, give em time and things will start going south for them
(although they are better than us)

This. History will repeat itself.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#10 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

This. History will repeat itself.

I hope so.....but I dont really remember them being this good

#11 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

They're good we've established that by now.

All I care about is the Devils finishing at least 8th in the East come the end of the season.

#12 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

They have alot more depth then they've ever had.

And they can get better, which migh tbe the scary part. They'll have depth to make a move and cap space.

No one expected them to be this good, but they do alot of things well and they do not beat themselves. When was the last time they really weren't in a game?

#13 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

Oh comeon. Aside from the fact that they are shooting at 11% (will be higher after today), their goaltending is at .930 for the season right now (also higher after today). Do you realize how much of a statistical anomaly both those numbers are over a full season? They are not "this good". They are simply "this hot right now".

Edited by Amberite, 11 December 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#14 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Oh comeon. Aside from the fact that they are shooting at 11%, their goaltending is at .930 for the season right now. Do you realize how much of a statistical anomaly both those numbers are over a full season? They are not "this good". They are simply "this hot right now".

Yep, that's the same thing you said 10 games ago or so and here they are still just just chuggling along....

It's a good team. It's only December, but they are making people take notice. That's why hockey is played on the ice, not on paper.

#15 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Yep, that's the same thing you said 10 games ago or so and here they are still just just chuggling along....

It's a good team. It's only December, but they are making people take notice. That's why hockey is played on the ice, not on paper.

Right, because teams can't get hot for more than 10, 20, or even 40 games. Not even the Devils during the 2nd half of last year...

#16 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

And they can get better, which migh tbe the scary part. They'll have depth to make a move and cap space.

No one expected them to be this good, but they do alot of things well and they do not beat themselves. When was the last time they really weren't in a game?

I can only think of the game against the Habs in Montreal a 4-0 wash out, but thats the only game I remember them not being in.

#17 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Right, because teams can't get hot for more than 10, 20, or even 40 games. Not even the Devils during the 2nd half of last year...

All i am asking is stop looking at stats all the damn time trying to justify what a team should not or should be doing. This goes for the other dataheads here. Just watch the games. I don't care what their shooting % is, their save %, they're % of anything. They are winning games, playing well and through 27 games look like they have a legit shot at doing something. There's enough reasons why they are where they are that picking apart shooting percentages really isn't something to hang a hat on.

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,431 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

Not to mention they still haven't had their best d-man in the lineup yet, people seem to gloss over that fact, usually the same ones complaining that we haven't had Zajac. Good teams overcome their losses, the way we used to.

Plus they added Richards to what was a playoff team last year.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

The only thing is that being lucky now does not necessitate being unlucky in the future. Statistics say that there will probably be somebody that gets the luck, but not who, so it could be New York.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#20 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

I haven't been following but have they had to really deal with injuries yet?

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users