124 replies to this topic

#121 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

I don't understand all the emotions and upset feelings. Some real thin skin here.

What's laughable is the people who claim they are tired of arguments and "trolls" and yet consistently drag themselves into arguments and look for fights. They know who they are.

It's an internet forum. Grow a pair and move on. Or join HF where every post is seemingly scrutinised by a panel of perfectionists.

You're right, this is an internet forum for fans of a team whose very state doesn't fully belong to it. This is a forum for fans of a team much of whose fanbase grew up or had parents who rooted for other team and who go to school and work in situations where they may be in the minority rooting for their own state's team.

There is no issue with arguments here or debates. The issue is with hostility and lack of respect. This should be a haven for Devils fans, not an arena for us to kill each other in. It's fine to disagree and debate each other. What's not fine is to make personal attacks and drag the level of discourse down to that of a grade school playground.

No one wants HF levels of moderation, but most people (and particularly most of the people who've been here for years and through their regular posts have made this board the place you felt attracted enough to to recently join and post in) feel that the level of respect for one another here needs to improve.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#122 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

That may be so, but some of the people calling for change refuse to participate in it themselves. That's what is laughable to me. Again, these people know who they are.

#123 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

That may be so, but some of the people calling for change refuse to participate in it themselves. That's what is laughable to me. Again, these people know who they are.

In a post about honestly addressing issues here... calling people out respectively is far better than this "you know who you are" game which really comes off as condescending and counter productive. It just pushes the problem away without truly addressing it. Who are they, what did/do they do, and why do you think they are wrong?

Otherwise, this whole day of going back and fourth on responsibility of posters and mods is just endless rhetoric.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#124 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

I go to the games and I'll be willing to meet face to face with anyone that has an issue with me. I can only make myself so accessible given that it takes two hours to drive to the arena (see what I did there?!?!)

#125 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,085 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

Okay, I am closing this thread now that everyone has vented. If you have a complaint about a specific poster send a report thread or a PM to me or Msweet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users