39 replies to this topic

#21 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

And why change the parise henrique kovi line??? too much chemistry? playing too well? Haha that wouldnt make a lick of sense. move patty to the wing and put travis in between him and sykora and get the teddy zuu clarky line back together like in nashville. no reason for teddys talent to be on the 4th line

#22 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

And why change the parise henrique kovi line??? too much chemistry? playing too well? Haha that wouldnt make a lick of sense. move patty to the wing and put travis in between him and sykora and get the teddy zuu clarky line back together like in nashville. no reason for teddys talent to be on the 4th line

I think this is what they'll do until the Parise-Henrique-Kovy line starts to falter, then Kovy will go back to LW with either Zajac or Henrique and Parise will play with whichever center isn't playing with Kovy.

#23 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

I think this is what they'll do until the Parise-Henrique-Kovy line starts to falter, then Kovy will go back to LW with either Zajac or Henrique and Parise will play with whichever center isn't playing with Kovy.

Kovalchuk is ways better at LW

#24 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

Yeah i agree, if they dont score for a few games they can throw zajac in there or change it up. i just think henrique and parise should stay together as well as elias and sykora

#25 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk is a good line right now. They're scoring goals every game, I wouldn't touch that line until their performance goes down.

#26 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

I like the PAK (Parise, Adam, Kovy) Line but it seems to me Kovy is a bit of a passenger on that line. I think he'd benefit from being moved to LW with Zajac when he comes back.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#27 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

I like the PAK (Parise, Adam, Kovy) Line but it seems to me Kovy is a bit of a passenger on that line. I think he'd benefit from being moved to LW with Zajac when he comes back.

you are 100% correct

#28 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

Agree 100%

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#29 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

Could be nothing, but Zajac is not skating today for some reason. Hopefully he's just resting today so that he can do a full speed practice on Thursday before Friday's game.

#30 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

I agree, but then who do you put as your RW's for both lines?

Also, we have a pretty good 4 lines when Zajac (and later Josefson) come back. Good options at depth down the middle.

Edited by devlman, 13 December 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#31 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Maybe?

Parise - Henrique - Clarkson
Kovy - Zajac - Zubrus

#32 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

and sykora elias tedenby

#33 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

I agree, but then who do you put as your RW's for both lines?

Zubrus was the RW with Kovy and Zajac last spring, right? I'd slot them back together and put Clarkson on the top line. Would break up the Sykora-Elias-Zubrus line that could go against opposing top lines but they have been beaten pretty bad in recent games.

believe2.jpg

#34 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Zajac didn't skate today. Seems weird.

believe2.jpg

#35 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

Zubrus was the RW with Kovy and Zajac last spring, right? I'd slot them back together and put Clarkson on the top line. Would break up the Sykora-Elias-Zubrus line that could go against opposing top lines but they have been beaten pretty bad in recent games.

Cant wait to see it.

#36 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:26 AM

Great to hear he'll be back. This team is definitely missing him. Might be that last missing piece the Devs need to go on a nice run, and hopefully get some regulation wins.
Posted Image Posted Image

#37 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Zajac didn't skate today. Seems weird.

I forget where I saw this, but I remember hearing that the plan for Zajac was to have to hard practices on Monday and Tuesday, but then to rest today and tomorrow before playing on Friday. I'm like 90% sure that's what was said about Zajac, but I can't recall where I read or heard that. Either way, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

#38 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Right on. Once he gets up to speed -- which may take a couple games -- his mere presence will finally bring some balance to our top 6. Plus, we'll finally have someone besides Patrik "42%" Elias to take big draws. (Patty, I love ya, but good at the dot you are not.)

I think it may take more than just a couple games - look at how long it took Zach & Kovy to have full confidence their bodies. I would just hate for everyone to flip out & berate him if ten games in he wasn't up to speed and producing.

Having said that......, (ala curb your enthusiasm) I CAN'T WAIT to see Zajac back at it again!!

#39 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

I think it may take more than just a couple games - look at how long it took Zach & Kovy to have full confidence their bodies. I would just hate for everyone to flip out & berate him if ten games in he wasn't up to speed and producing.

Having said that......, (ala curb your enthusiasm) I CAN'T WAIT to see Zajac back at it again!!

I think that sounds pretty...pretty good, lol.

#40 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

Parise - Henrique - Kovalchuk
Sykora - Elias - Zubrus
Boulton - Zajac - Tedenby
Sestito - Carter - Janssen
Clarkson hand hurt I think

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 15 December 2011 - 10:31 AM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users