99 replies to this topic

#41 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

What catches my eye is not his shot from the point or the goals...its the 34 assists he put up with Tampa-Bay.

We already got the shot (Kovy, Larsson, Tao) its more of how we move and pass the puck to open space for the shooters.

Definitely agree.. I don't think it's the parts that are the PP's problem, it's the system.. But we all have seen the system get better very recently so I'll hold out hope for now

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#42 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

He will play on the pp at the top of the umbrella... taking shot and passing pucks

#43 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

What catches my eye is not his shot from the point or the goals...its the 34 assists he put up with Tampa-Bay.

We already got the shot (Kovy, Larsson, Tao) its more of how we move and pass the puck to open space for the shooters.

We do need a defensemen that can work the puck more similar to how Taormina/Greene work it. A-Train, Salvador, Tallinder (Up until the past week) dont have the puck moving skills that we really need. If Foster is a puck worker and can contribute to plays with passes then thats a plus.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#44 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Per TG

Devils trade Fraser and Pelley and 2012 7th pick to Anaheim for D Curtis Foster and G Timmo Pielmeier

:blink: I think it's sad when a 7th round pick is probably the most worthwhile part of a trade.

To be clear, just realize that the only part of this trade from the Devils' side that hasn't been available to Anaheim through the waiver wire is that pick.

Edited by NewarkDevil5, 12 December 2011 - 06:50 PM.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#45 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Ledger_NJDevils Rich Chere
Kurtis Foster, who earns $1.8 million, will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. Pelley and Fraser combined salaries: $1.25 M.
Posted Image Posted Image

#46 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

omg we took on extra salary i thought we were broke

#47 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

omg we took on extra salary i thought we were broke

lol, yeah, they'll have to raise hot dog prices to cover this trade for sure.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#48 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

im very happy with this trade

Posted Image

#49 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

so the goalie was an afterthought so ducks didnt have to scratch a contract?

good job lou :noclue:

if this gets kovy off the point then look out for a streak
Posted Image

#50 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

:blink: I think it's sad when a 7th round pick is probably the most worthwhile part of a trade.

To be clear, just realize that the only part of this trade from the Devils' side that hasn't been available to Anaheim through the waiver wire is that pick.

I think a Foster project is worth the 7th rounder.
Sure Anaheim passed on waivers, but now they get them with salary and contracts going the other way... slightly better... and that slight was just enough to push em.

if this gets kovy off the point then look out for a streak

Agreed... if we can have Foster just launches them at the net... our guys can work for the rebounds. Kovy can fire lasers all day from inside the circle and closer :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#51 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

We might not have a #1 dman but we have 6 #7 Dmen!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#52 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

ok now im on board still the goalies are an issue

got to be a foster fan for this to work

LGD

Edited by lazer, 12 December 2011 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

#53 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

I guess Pelley is not taking Madden's spot after all

I am happy for Frasier... maybe a new look will help him.. he's a good kid

Pelley will be out of the NHL in 12 months or less.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#54 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

ok now im on board still the goalies are an issue

got to be a foster fan for this to work

LGD

Pielmeier is RFA after this year. They probably just won't
give him a qualifying offer and let him be an unrestricted.

Especially considering Wedgewood should be going pro after this year.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 12 December 2011 - 07:31 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#55 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

worst part of this trade - someone else to pass the dreaded #2 jersey to.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#56 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

We might not have a #1 dman but we have 6 #7 Dmen!

From the late George Carlin: "I never f**ked a 'ten', but I once f**ked five twos."
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#57 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

From the late George Carlin: "I never f**ked a 'ten', but I once f**ked five twos."

lol
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#58 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

As for the deal...Pelley got enough chances. Like Tri said...doesn't say much for Anaheim that they WANTED these guys. Maybe Foster's got something.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

worst part of this trade - someone else to pass the dreaded #2 jersey to.

Probably Foster.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Probably Foster.

Poor little feller. Never had a chance...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users