99 replies to this topic

#61 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Poor little feller. Never had a chance...

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#62 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

As for the deal...Pelley got enough chances. Like Tri said...doesn't say much for Anaheim that they WANTED these guys. Maybe Foster's got something.

We had a gluten of depth, spare parts... So we traded non-spectacular spare parts for an expiring contract project... Maybe Fraser can be a bottom pairing NHL d-man - and maybe Anaheim thinks Pelley could still be a checking center still - but I do think he's on his way to Europe after Anaheim (assuming he wants to still be paid for hockey).

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#63 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

big beefy defenceman has been the missing link i liked fraser but wont miss him, wish him well, he just housed zenon

now we need to fill up a fighter unless we ride cam all the way

its all good hello boulton and thats carters second dance in a week hes not a fighter but hell go

Edited by lazer, 12 December 2011 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

#64 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

big beefy defenceman has been the missing link i liked fraser but wont miss him, wish him well, he just housed zenon

now we need to fill up a fighter unless we ride cam all the way

its all good

We have boulton as a fighter, too.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 12 December 2011 - 08:14 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#65 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

hah dan you and me think alike, specially since so many fighters are trying to be more well rounded this year
Posted Image

#66 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

You also can take Foster's size into account..He's a big guy and I think this is a good trade.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#67 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Now I have to give up my keepership.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#68 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Unless this is a prelude to Larsson playing in the WJCs or being sent to Albany, I don't get it. Foster is not good.

Theres no way theyre sending larsson to the ahl, if theyre gunna scratch anyone it should be that waste of space marl fayne. ill take fraser over fayne any day of the week

#69 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Theres no way theyre sending larsson to the ahl, if theyre gunna scratch anyone it should be that waste of space marl fayne. ill take fraser over fayne any day of the week

Are you nuts? Fayne has played outstanding for a 5th round pick no one even knew about until last year. He doesn't do anything great, but he does everything good enough, he's mobile, makes decent passes and can put up around 25 points or so. He's not the #4 d-man we've been using him as, but he'll make a perfectly good #5-6 guy once Larsson improves to a true top 4 guy.

Imo, Foster will take Greene's place until he gets back then he and Salvador will trade places as needed.

Edited by ATLL765, 12 December 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#70 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Are you nuts? Fayne has played outstanding for a 5th round pick no one even knew about until last year. He doesn't do anything great, but he does everything good enough, he's mobile, makes decent passes and can put up around 25 points or so. He's not the #4 d-man we've been using him as, but he'll make a perfectly good #5-6 guy once Larsson improves to a true top 4 guy.

Imo, Foster will take Greene's place until he gets back then he and Salvador will trade places as needed.

Fayne has been being used as a #4 D man? Until tonight, it was Tallinder and Fayne taking on the difficult matchups in general. People are still sleeping on this guy.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#71 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

Let's just hope Foster turns out well here. Seems to me like this trade just means losing a 7th rounder, but I hope I'm wrong. People in Anaheim say he isn't worth much.

#72 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

Okay, let's look at this rationally. The Devils traded Pelley and Fraser for K. Foster and some goalie nobody cares about. The Devils lose about a net $500K in cap space. But they get rid of two players who have zero upside and questionable contracts (given their relative abilities) and gain a defender with a "canon for a shot." In short, the Devils are banking on some high upside Foster usage on the PP. If he pans out, the Devils are a better team. If he doesn't, the Devils can get rid of his contract in 2012-2013 and they'd only wind up "sacrificing" the awesome services of Pelley and Fraser. The end result is that this is a very low risk, high-reward move.

#73 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

Okay, let's look at this rationally. The Devils traded Pelley and Fraser for K. Foster and some goalie nobody cares about. The Devils lose about a net $500K in cap space. But they get rid of two players who have zero upside and questionable contracts (given their relative abilities) and gain a defender with a "canon for a shot." In short, the Devils are banking on some high upside Foster usage on the PP. If he pans out, the Devils are a better team. If he doesn't, the Devils can get rid of his contract in 2012-2013 and they'd only wind up "sacrificing" the awesome services of Pelley and Fraser. The end result is that this is a very low risk, high-reward move.

that is legitimately spot on. low risk, high reward. the ONLY way this trade hurts us is if either Pelley or Fraser goes on to be all-stars

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#74 mvparise

mvparise

Prospect

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

Are you nuts? Next 5 games watch mark fayne every time hes on the ice and watch every bad decision he makes. thats what u need ur defensemen to do, make smart decisions. fayne does not. idc if he can put up 15-20 points, if he cant clear the zone he can ride pine. i wish he was a top 4 defenseman, but hes not, and him getting the amount of ice time he is shows how little depth we have on d

#75 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

that is legitimately spot on. low risk, high reward. the ONLY way this trade hurts us is if either Pelley or Fraser goes on to be all-stars

I don't know... there's always the chance that Anaheim drafts the next Henrik Zetterberg with that 7th round pick over there....

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#76 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

about time, whew.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#77 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

Also between Corey Foster and Adrian Foster, the Devils don't have a good Foster history.

someone's gotta take them in. (There's a pun there.)

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#78 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:22 AM

Surprised they didn't include a toupé for Andy Greene in the trade. Then it would've been perfect.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#79 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Are you nuts? Next 5 games watch mark fayne every time hes on the ice and watch every bad decision he makes. thats what u need ur defensemen to do, make smart decisions. fayne does not. idc if he can put up 15-20 points, if he cant clear the zone he can ride pine. i wish he was a top 4 defenseman, but hes not, and him getting the amount of ice time he is shows how little depth we have on d

personally i think fayne is solid...i guess he can be a little hot and cold with his choices but he deserves to be in the 4th or 5th guy

foster and taormina for 6th and 7th dman thats how i see it...keep them on their toes and besides foster could be a complete bust but my rosey devil glass' are seeing a steal here and oates creating a 09' killer tampa powerplay :boogie:
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#80 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

I don't know if you are serious. Fayne has been our best defensmen...period.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users