Photo

Lines when Zajac returns and when Josefson returns?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Zubrus
Parise - Henrique - Clarkson
Elias - Josefson - Sykora
Tedenby - Carter - Zharkov/Palmieri

Tallinder Fayne
Larsson Greene
Volchenkov Salvador/Foster/Tao

Though I see Tedenby and maybe Greene getting traded for a better dman.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#42 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus
Parise-Zajac-Henrique
Kovy-Josefson-Palmieri (if we get a Bernier to sign, would love to see him on this line or perhaps a trade for Gagner)
Tedenby-Carter-Clarkson
xtras: Janssen-Boulton

Defense:
Tallinder-Fayne
Larsson-Green
Volchenkov-Foster
Extras: Salvador

I would expect Tao and Urbom getting sent down.

#43 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Zubrus
Parise - Henrique - Clarkson
Elias - Josefson - Sykora
Tedenby - Carter - Zharkov/Palmieri

Tallinder Fayne
Larsson Greene
Volchenkov Salvador/Foster/Tao

Though I see Tedenby and maybe Greene getting traded for a better dman.

Although I agree that Greene may be desirable to other teams, I don't imagine he'll get traded right after Lou signed him to a new contract. It's pretty unusual to see Lou trade a guy he just signed like that. Salvador might be possible to trade if he keeps playing the way he is now. He's played well, but if we're getting close to the deadline and a move could be made for a top d-man who can put up 35-45 points/year, he's a defensive d-man and we have enough of those with Tallinder, Volchenkov and Fayne, so I wouldn't be opposed to moving him and one of Tedenby, Zubrus or a pick/prospect.

#44 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Although I agree that Greene may be desirable to other teams, I don't imagine he'll get traded right after Lou signed him to a new contract. It's pretty unusual to see Lou trade a guy he just signed like that. Salvador might be possible to trade if he keeps playing the way he is now. He's played well, but if we're getting close to the deadline and a move could be made for a top d-man who can put up 35-45 points/year, he's a defensive d-man and we have enough of those with Tallinder, Volchenkov and Fayne, so I wouldn't be opposed to moving him and one of Tedenby, Zubrus or a pick/prospect.

He traded Oduya. I know Kovy was special, and Oduya was looking bad, but Greene has been so-so, and they need another legit top 4 d, unless Larsson's learning curve is freakishly fast (not ruling it out, but not counting on it). I think Greene and Tedenby are the most tradeable guys on the roster (both for other teams to take and for us to lose), and, while I'd normally say trade one of our d prospects (they'd probably fetch more then Greene anyway), we need to open up a roster spot since right now we have mediocre d out the ass.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#45 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Zubrus is a monster, he is not going anywhere and he is money in the playoffs. The only D-Man I can see moving would be Salvador, but don't be surprised if Lou sends off Greene for an upgrade. Personally, I don't think the Devils will make any trades besides role player types. We simply don't have the pieces to land a #1 D-man who can play all situations. For example, would you trade Shea Weber for Greene+Tedenby+1st if you were Nashville or would you demand an elite prospect like Larsson/Merrill (in limbo) who Lou will most likely will not move.

#46 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

For example, would you trade Shea Weber for Greene+Tedenby+1st if you were Nashville or would you demand an elite prospect like Larsson/Merrill (in limbo) who Lou will most likely will not move.

Greene + Tedenby + 1st? No chance, even if the team with the UFA rarely get equal value in these trades.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#47 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Zubrus is a monster, he is not going anywhere and he is money in the playoffs. The only D-Man I can see moving would be Salvador, but don't be surprised if Lou sends off Greene for an upgrade. Personally, I don't think the Devils will make any trades besides role player types. We simply don't have the pieces to land a #1 D-man who can play all situations. For example, would you trade Shea Weber for Greene+Tedenby+1st if you were Nashville or would you demand an elite prospect like Larsson/Merrill (in limbo) who Lou will most likely will not move.

Only way we get a top pairing guy is if we realize we can't resign Zach and trade him. I would hate to see that, but getting a guy like Weber or Suter from Nashville would soften the blow.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#48 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

If the lines keep playing the way that they have I would either send Josefson down to the minors or trade him for an upgrade on Defense.

Say Josefson and Salvador for Matt Greene.
Posted Image

#49 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

If the lines keep playing the way that they have I would either send Josefson down to the minors or trade him for an upgrade on Defense.

Say Josefson and Salvador for Matt Greene.

Ugh
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#50 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Ugh

:evil:
Just throwing names out there.

But yeah I would send JJ down to the minors rather than mess with the chemistry of our top three lines if they stay consistent.
Posted Image

#51 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

:evil:
Just throwing names out there.

But yeah I would send JJ down to the minors rather than mess with the chemistry of our top three lines if they stay consistent.

If Tedenby contributes some points, I agree with you, but right now it seems like they're playing well despite not getting much help from him. If JJ can produce more, he deserves the spot.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#52 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

If Tedenby contributes some points, I agree with you, but right now it seems like they're playing well despite not getting much help from him. If JJ can produce more, he deserves the spot.

Fair enough. I'm expecting Tedenby and Zajac to heat up at around the same time if they stay together, Zajac is the type of player who makes his line mates better and so as Zajac gets his legs and a feel for the puck back I would assume Tedenby will probably start putting up some numbers.
Posted Image

#53 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

tedenby is tradable but if we`ll trade him and trade for d-man - we havn`t prospects with score potential for future. no one. and this will be a big problem for us. and if we`ll have another serios d-man - we must trade another d-prospects for forward prospect - it isn`t smartly. elias, sykora, zubrus - potential for 3 years max. and it is 2-3 years for tedenby and jj growth
best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#54 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

tedenby is tradable but if we`ll trade him and trade for d-man - we havn`t prospects with score potential for future. no one. and this will be a big problem for us. and if we`ll have another serios d-man - we must trade another d-prospects for forward prospect - it isn`t smartly. elias, sykora, zubrus - potential for 3 years max. and it is 2-3 years for tedenby and jj growth

Assuming we lock Zach down, we have him, Kovy, JJ, Zajac and Henrique going forward, even if we trade Tedenby. That's a pretty good corps.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#55 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

5 and nothing else(i`m not shure in napalm)
we need depth of
as boston have. as detroit. as vancouver.
we have it know - i agree
but what we will have after 2 years
we will not have high drafts
today is 2012 season and we drafted adam 3 years ago - 3 years and one forward
and know one can promise you that we will draft as luck as in 2008

thats why i scare to trade tedenby. he is unlucky, but i think - it is second_season syndrome

halishuk out, cormier out, zharkov will be out(i know his whife Liza, vladimir and lou have agreement if zharkov doesn` start real play this year - he goes out our team - in russia or other team - doesn`t metter), vasyunov out(R.I.P.), and now in albany we haven`t good prospects(as i just think)
really
i scare it will be a problem like goalie problem today

Edited by Guadana, 18 December 2011 - 04:24 PM.

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#56 Otty Ott-Sauce

Otty Ott-Sauce

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

KovalCup-KovalCup-KovalCup
KovalCup-KovalCup-Janssen