#1 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...nzie/?id=382842

Pretty interesting read. Not much in the way of new information but it's good to hear that he'll likely be playing in the WJC at least.

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Well whatever happened seems to be intensely personal to whomever it affected. Lets hope the WJC sets him firmly back to respectability.

#3 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

Solid article as usual by McKenzie. I found this information interesting since its the first place I've seen it reported:

While no one is prepared to publicly specify the nature of the "violations," it is common knowledge within the NHL community that Merrill has been dealing with some off-ice issues. And, in fact, one of the violations occurred while he was already under suspension (during the first 12 games) for a prior violation. The secondary violation is apparently the reason he's still not being permitted, for now, to play any games for Michigan.

That explains the indefinite suspension. Whatever issues he is dealing with, I hope he gets through them for his own well being.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#4 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

Jeez, I really wonder what the story is with this kid. Seems like he really needs to get his act together fast.

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

i heard he's actually the real Batman... and that's its taking his focus away from the game

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:51 PM

i heard he's actually the real Batman... and that's its taking his focus away from the game

But he is the hero we need now.
"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#7 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

Based on what I read, I would assume it has to do with drugs. Once again, this is only an assumption.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#8 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

I'm thinking that could be it too. I'm not too worried at all. Anything he is doing is probably not out of the ordinary of any professional athlete or even college athlete. There are just very strict rules in college and when playing at Michigan. Hopefully the suspension will smarten him up or scare him straight so there are no issues once he comes to the Devils.

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 December 2011 - 01:04 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#9 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

Based on what I read, I would assume it has to do with drugs. Once again, this is only an assumption.

yeah i think i saw somewhere that it was about underage drinking... but what do i know

as long he's not pulling a Theo Fleury in his career in NJ its all good, get ur sh!t together son

www.SterioDesign.com

#10 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

Merrill was just been selected for the 2012 U.S. National Junior Team Final roster, it was announced this morning.

NJ.com

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users